Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 21:09   #16
BANNED

Re: New i10 asta with kappa2 on its way

Dear Sawyer,

How is the headlight.? Headlight is not good in previous version of i10 Kappa 1.2. What is your experience ?

krish
Old 12th February 2011, 21:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

No issues - the car is used in Pune city. I am not sure how it would fare on the highway, never tried it out. The i 20 that is used for intercity does not have the best headlights either, but for my speeds, they are just about ok.
Old 5th April 2011, 07:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

One issue with the i10 - last week, for no reason I can figure out, an unwashed socks smell when the AC is turned on! One visit to the service station told me that there isn't an AC filter that could be the reason, and the car is to go back for a wash and clean that ought to fix this.

But on a 4 months old car, this is a first for me...any one else has had the same experience with their car? If so, did you find out the reason for it?
Old 6th May 2011, 07:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer
One issue with the i10 - last week, for no reason I can figure out, an unwashed socks smell when the AC is turned on! One visit to the service station told me that there isn't an AC filter that could be the reason, and the car is to go back for a wash and clean that ought to fix this.

But on a 4 months old car, this is a first for me...any one else has had the same experience with their car? If so, did you find out the reason for it?
Yeah even I've got that stupid smell. I don't know the reason. My car is due for it's second service this month. Will find out then.
Old 6th May 2011, 10:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Yeah even I've got that stupid smell. I don't know the reason. My car is due for it's second service this month. Will find out then.
This is probably due to fungus/mold build up. When you stop the A/c, the water condensed inside remains and mold forms.

Try running the A/c on fan only for a while before stopping it completely, in order for the water to dry out. If the smell is not there the next time, then condensation indeed is the issue.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Thanks mate, will try it out today and update.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, will try it out today and update.
Bharat and Sawyer,
By the way, what is the mileage that you are getting in-city Bangalore and Pune respectively.

Bharat,
What is the OTR price that you paid?

Cheers,
Anup
Old 6th May 2011, 11:50   #23
BHPian

I bought a i10 Kappa2 sportz... Paid 5.70 on road.

Currently i am getting 12.5 to 13 kmph in city. My travel is mostly in koramangala and outer ring road. All the time AC on.... Give me feedback as to whether this is good, or needs to be improved.
Old 6th May 2011, 14:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Currently i am getting 12.5 to 13 kmph in city. My travel is mostly in koramangala and outer ring road. All the time AC on.... Give me feedback as to whether this is good, or needs to be improved.

I guess the mileage seems to be fine. As I see most of them getting 10-11 kmpl in city.

Didn't know that sportz costs 5.7
Old 6th May 2011, 14:49   #25
BHPian

it is man, sometimes i wish i'd bought the i20 magna, at a similar price...
Old 7th May 2011, 02:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Rs 5.7 lakh? That's over Rs 1 lakh I paid for my I10 Magna here in Goa in Dec 2010. The on road price here came to about Rs 4.5 lakh. On road for Sportz was Rs 4.92 lakh, but it could have dropped depending on your capabilities at arm twisting the sales execs.
Old 8th May 2011, 20:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti

This is probably due to fungus/mold build up. When you stop the A/c, the water condensed inside remains and mold forms.

Try running the A/c on fan only for a while before stopping it completely, in order for the water to dry out. If the smell is not there the next time, then condensation indeed is the issue.
Tried it and it works!!! Thanks man. But is this a problem? Or is it the way it works?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks