Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2010, 22:14   #31
BHPian

Re: 2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX - The Beast Finds a New Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
Great Thread! Glad your enjoying the Safari. Ive got a 2004 TCIC 4*4,done 130,000kms so far and loving every day with it.

Quick question, really liked your Art Leather Seat Covers. What brand are they from?

Thanks
Thanks, I am enjoying it to the fullest, just that I am currently too busy with my office to keep a tab on it and this thread.

BTW, I think the brand was some "Microline" but these are made to order and I had myself chosen two different Art Leather material which were much softer than regular stuff. They cost me around 9K.
Old 26th December 2010, 22:36   #32
BHPian

re: 2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update

During the 6 Days of my Holiday season, Safari took me to Allahabad, Rae Bareilly and couple of more sand and dust covered small villages around Lucknow. In between, it also did its duty in my cousin's marriage but did not fluttered even once and obeyed all orders to the T.

The average fuel efficiency hovered around 11-11.5 KMPL with mixed driving and I feel its pretty OK but would leave it to the seniors to comment on.

Well, the holiday season ended on 12 Dec and the beast turned itself to return to its den but not without the final emotional ending.

On the way back, somewhere about 100 KMS after Kanpur, my good sensed driver again tried his heroics and banged the left fender onto a tractor trolley leaving about a foot long dent on the left fender and this time his excuse was that the tractor driver did not hear his horn. This thing totally turned my mood off and I was about to kill him there and then, I had driven for more than 1400 KMS in all kinds of messy traffic in last 5 days and not even a flutter had happened and this person had twice done the damage and that too on such beautiful NH-2. I had no option other than

Well, I decided that this was the last time he was touching my car and asked him to be the king and take the coveted front seat. I then drove another 300+ kms and reached safely. That was the last day of that driver and eventually I fired him the next day.

The next week was extremely hectic and I could not get any time to get the dent on the left fender repaired.

On 19 Dec, I went to a local Denter and got the dent repaired and the entire fender repainted. It cost me roughly Rs. 1500 to get the same repaired.

Would post some new pics soon,

Last edited by shantanumishra : 26th December 2010 at 22:38.
Old 27th December 2010, 06:48   #33
BHPian

^^ Sad to hear another left-side banging news Mishra.
I think, you [EX] driver has a serious calculation problem :(
I can understand if someone does it in Innova where the corner visibility is poor [only for new Innova drivers], but in Safari, there shouldnt be an excuse at all !

Prem.
Old 27th December 2010, 07:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ Sad to hear another left-side banging news Mishra.
I think, you [EX] driver has a serious calculation problem :(
I can understand if someone does it in Innova where the corner visibility is poor [only for new Innova drivers], but in Safari, there shouldnt be an excuse at all !

Prem.
I agree to that 100% and to add more, this is on the beautiful NH-2 which is part of the Golden Quadrilateral. There was no fatigue even to blame, we had started just 3 hours ago and he had been driving only 100 Kms till this occured, prior to that, I had purposely driven for about 90 Kms to cover up all city traffic situation and the time he struck was around 10:00 AM on a sparse sunday traffic on a NH.

All I can say is he became a nerd to sabotage my holiday and almost succeeded. It was also good that he only caused damage in small amount. I dread to think what would have been the consequences had it happened with my Altis on the busy Gurgaon-Faridabad route.

Anyways, All's well that ends well. He is now off roles since 12 Dec and I am leading a happy life, only hitch is my father has to do a daily hectic drive of 100 KMs, but atleast the cars are now safe.
Old 27th December 2010, 07:55   #35
BHPian

Some Random Pics

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-safari1.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-safari2.jpg

Both Pictures are Courtesy my dear friend - Yayaati Jeet Singh who is also a colleague of mine and a BHPian as well.

Both of us are planning another photo session with the beast, just trying to identify a good location near NCR, any inputs would be welcome.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2010, 09:43   #36
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the second bang. You did yourself and the Safari a good by firing him!

The pictures are cool.. Do take photos from back three quarters and full back, plus full front - in those angles Safari is photogenic. But then in all angles she glitters.. Pure visual treat.
Old 21st February 2011, 08:57   #37
BHPian

I am back after an extremely hectic 1.5 months @ office,

Safari went through its second service 2 weeks ago at 5450 KMs. It went to the now famous and probably most preferred Safari Service centre in NCR by T-BHPians, I was myself referred to here by one of us.

I was shocked that there is no Oil change required in the second service, however, I went ahead for a Oil and Oil filter change costing about 2145 INR. Later read it in this forum that this is generic for all Safari's.

Front Window Glasses, Rear Bench Seats, Rear Door were rattling, these were fixed but somehow the rattling has come up again after 2 weeks of Driving. Not sure how to fix them up.

Other than this, the beast is behaving absolute normally and have not had any issues till now (Touchwood), Very recently noticed that, maybe, the heart beat missing is back again, need to check it again.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:12   #38
BHPian

Re: The Troublefree(?) start

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
From 28th Oct, began my Urban Safari,

8. Engine Missing (like dying out for a second) at around 1600-1800 rpm while in 2nd/3rd Gear.
Hi Shantanumishra, have you got the engine missing issue sorted out. If done, what was the rectification done. My safari too have the same problem and the Authorised Service Centre couldn't resolve it till now.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd May 2012 at 12:07. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:26   #39
BHPian

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 20000 KM Update

The Beast has finally completed beautiful and enjoyful 20000 KMs journey and Boy, I am falling in love with again.

It has been driven for few long hauls and has delivered optimally without much fuss. The FE has hovered between 10 to 12 (partly owing to my spirited driving).

One good gesture from Tata Motors. Last Friday, TML service folks called me and came to my house for a checkup of the beast under their Summer Camp. They found a blown coolant hose, busted LH Tie Rod and Engine Oil/Brake Oil/Coolant levels going down than expected level.

Well, they topped up the oils and coolant and asked me to visit the dealership for replacement of Tie-Rod and Radiator Vent Hose.

I visited the dealership on Saturday and below was replaced promptly under warranty.

Radiator Vent Hose.
Both LH/RH Tie-Rods.
Fuel Filter Assembly.
Fuel Gauge/Temp Gauge.

Although I am happy with the TML service but I am now more worried that the Beast's famous knack of issues might have started cropping up. As of now, I am just keeping my fingers crossed thinking these as an exceptional one-time workout.

Lets hope for the best!!!
Old 4th May 2012, 15:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Hi Shantanumishra, have you got the engine missing issue sorted out. If done, what was the rectification done. My safari too have the same problem and the Authorised Service Centre couldn't resolve it till now.
ameaa - I dont think it is something they can fix. You have to live with it. Or take it as a feature!
Mine is approaching 50,000kms and has it even today.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
ameaa - I dont think it is something they can fix. You have to live with it. Or take it as a feature!
Thank you verditer.. I too have started living with it. Just crossed 54K last week.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
After 26K on odo my feeling is, it has reduced a lot in frequency of occurrence. Once in a while I feel this engine miss. Also, engine now become very smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Yes, even today I feel this is feature to relax your senses and look around and start again. Safety Feature IMHO .
Old 6th May 2012, 07:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
After 26K on odo my feeling is, it has reduced a lot in frequency of occurrence. Once in a while I feel this engine miss. Also, engine now become very smooth.

Yes, even today I feel this is feature to relax your senses and look around and start again. Safety Feature IMHO .
If you frankly ask me, I havent seen that issue crop up again for a long time now. It does feels that the last engine re-map just after the second service might have just helped, but lets just wait and watch for few more K's on the Odo.
Old 7th August 2012, 07:52   #44
BHPian

Went on a 750+ Kms Road Trip to Mussorie/Dhanualti/Dehradun along with both Beauty (My new Ford Figo) and this Beast.

It was a memorable and pleasurable driving both the Beauty and the beast.

Some random Pics.

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02342.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02453.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02474.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02475.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02476.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02477.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-dsc02768.jpg

2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update-img_0039.jpg
Old 16th August 2012, 15:13   #45
BHPian

Re: 2010 Tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Black - 24000 KM Update

Hi Shantanu,

Nice snaps and details. I noticed a few photos at the start of the thread have been taken at Ardee City? I relocated in June 2012 have seen a few safaris there but not the team-bhp stickers though! Do you live there?

Regards
Anand

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks