Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 10:12   #31
BHPian

Re: The Story of how Punto bought me - GP Emotion 1.3 BNW

Completed 3K KMs with my last weekend trip to CBE.
Last Calculated City mileage of 13.9 kms ( Shell)
and the mileage on this trip was 18.3 kmpl ( blr-cbe-blr). This was due to some aggressive driving in the avinashi - cbe stretch I guess and also due to the fact that we kept the odo above 2.5K rpm during the onward drive.
Switched to BP during the last trip and plan to stick with it.

Called up Gudulu gate for the first service. Got an appointment only for thursday, 23rd December.
Touchwood, no major complaints so far.

There is some kind of noise coming from the rear left seat. Need to ask them check it during the service.
Old 21st December 2010, 10:41   #32
BHPian

Congrats on completing the first mile of the journey. Even I had noticed a noise from the front co passenger seat during one of my long drives. I just pulled the seat to the front and pushed it back and the noise vanished. Otherwise, it is a great car and enjoy driving it.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Congrats on completing the first mile of the journey. Even I had noticed a noise from the front co passenger seat during one of my long drives. I just pulled the seat to the front and pushed it back and the noise vanished. Otherwise, it is a great car and enjoy driving it.
Thanks Praz. I am not able to really identify the source of the noise. I used to get a spring movement kind of a noise before which has vanished now. This is more like some "loosely fitted plastic" noise.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Thanks Praz. I am not able to really identify the source of the noise. I used to get a spring movement kind of a noise before which has vanished now. This is more like some "loosely fitted plastic" noise.
Check the glovebox. Punto is notorious for having loosely fitted glovebox which keeps coming off. Mine keeps coming off every now and then. Got to get it fixed during first service.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Try this if your glove Box is loose fitted, Take some insulation tape, Open the gloveBox, insulate the Lock Hook ("The U part of it"). Just two or 3 rolls of the Insulation is enough, try closing the GlobeBox. Now it should be tight enough. The sad part is you will have to keep removing this insulation after sometime and reapply it as the insulation tape has the tendency to get very sticky.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
Try this if your glove Box is loose fitted, Take some insulation tape, Open the gloveBox, insulate the Lock Hook ("The U part of it"). Just two or 3 rolls of the Insulation is enough, try closing the GlobeBox. Now it should be tight enough. The sad part is you will have to keep removing this insulation after sometime and reapply it as the insulation tape has the tendency to get very sticky.
Thanks guys. The noise is coming from the rear left seat area or at least that is what it appears to me ! Will check the glove box too, just in case.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:42   #37
BHPian

Great, if its from the Left Rear Seat then the issue should be the Seat Belt, I got the same issue and i inspected myself to find the issue, i released the lock for the Seat and checked it, i found the culprit. it was the seat belt CAP which was touching the other plastics (one Culprit) and the other one is The CAP from where the Seat Belt Comes for the back Rear Left Seat (exactly near to the back rear left door) was loose enough to jump out each time (and that thing got in middle of the seat and the dicky). Check those things OUT. Personally i suggest you to inspect everything in Punto, as they come out so easily.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Great, if its from the Left Rear Seat then the issue should be the Seat Belt, I got the same issue and i inspected myself to find the issue, i released the lock for the Seat and checked it, i found the culprit. it was the seat belt CAP which was touching the other plastics (one Culprit) and the other one is The CAP from where the Seat Belt Comes for the back Rear Left Seat (exactly near to the back rear left door) was loose enough to jump out each time (and that thing got in middle of the seat and the dicky). Check those things OUT. Personally i suggest you to inspect everything in Punto, as they come out so easily.
Thanks a lot, will do it today. I did suspect it's something to do with the seat belts. Will update with my findings.

Apart from this, I do check the rubber beading at the rear doors time to time and fix it. And also the plastic part enclosing the rear left pillar (between the door and the rear glass) looks like its not fitted properly and once in a while I try to push it back to it original position.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:45   #39
BHPian

Hola,
Congrats on your new car. I have got a MJD as well this december. I was planning to put up sear covers. But am scared to go ahead since while fitting the covers seems like the whole seat assembly will be removed and then the covers would be fitted. Now that scares me since emotion comes with height adjustment anall.

What was the procedure for you and the seat covers costed?
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hola,
Congrats on your new car. I have got a MJD as well this december. I was planning to put up sear covers. But am scared to go ahead since while fitting the covers seems like the whole seat assembly will be removed and then the covers would be fitted. Now that scares me since emotion comes with height adjustment anall.

What was the procedure for you and the seat covers costed?
It costed from around 7.5K. I have the G-Sports brand covers and it's a combination of Luster and another variety. You don't have to worry about removing the seats and fixing them back as long as it is done by professionals. It is quite common to get it done this way. I have not faced any noticeable issues after fixing them.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
The seat belt cap was indeed one of the culprits in my case! The noise has come down drastically and since this noise is gone I am hearing another milder one which probably was there since the beginning but was drowned by the louder one. The seat belt cap was hitting the plastics around the door. Will have to take some one along today and try to get the source of this sound,
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:32   #42
BHPian

Great! so that now the issue is resolved. OK now from where the Other Mild one is comming from? I also had a milder sound, i figured it with tight and complete Door Close, Fiat has Double Locks on the Door. Check with Closing the Door properly. Hope this will Help...Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Great! so that now the issue is resolved. OK now from where the Other Mild one is comming from? I also had a milder sound, i figured it with tight and complete Door Close, Fiat has Double Locks on the Door. Check with Closing the Door properly. Hope this will Help...Thanks
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I am yet to figure out the exact source of noise seated at the driver's seat this time. Will have to take the help on my friend to do it. Will update with my findings soon. Regarding the door lock, I think this probably was an issue sometime back and the latch failed last week and I got it replaced. Will have to check the boot too to see if something moving around in there although I don't have too many things in the boot now except for the reflector triangle and the tool kit for tire change. Can you also explain what are Double locks and how it differ from the other cars?
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:55   #44
BHPian

Double Lock for the Door is nothing but the door will get itself locked with 2 lever, if the Door is locked with one lever, from outside the door Open will be visible and your Driver console will show the Door Open symbol. This is what i know about it. In this Forum there is answer for this, i believe MODS: Sidindica, GTO has written about that in there reviews. Below Link is from SidIndica Test Drive, where he has mentioned about it. Take a look

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tion-pack.html
Old 24th December 2010, 09:35   #45
BHPian

First Service Update

As I had mentioned earlier, I had booked the car for the first service (3K) for yesterday. I had asked them to pick up the car for me as the service center ( Gudulu Gate, Hosur Road) was a little far from my Place ( Indiranagar).
I confirmed my booking and the request for pick up driver on Wednesday.

The pick up driver called me promptly at 8.45 and was at my home around 9 AM sharp. I had told them I would be leaving for work at around 9 AM. Full marks to them for planning it perfectly.

Gave the list of things to check for:

1. Steering wheel pulling towards a side
2. Noise from the rear parcel shelf/seat area.
3. Front seats play
4. Headlight beam adjustment

Once the car reached the workshop, got a call from Mr. Santosh who was handling my car yesterday. Confirmed all the items I had written down and also offered me anti-corrosion coating and paint protection which I declined.

He said the car would be ready at around 5 PM. Called him up at 1 PM just to check things are on track. Was told that the steering pull issue is still to be rectified and they are trying out things to get it sorted out. He said in the worst case, will deliver car on Friday. Since I had planned for a long drive, I asked them I will take the car without fixing that and then comeback after the vacation. He said he will give a call once other things are sorted out. I told him I would come down to pick up the car as I will get a chance to verify the things.

Reached the workshop around 4.30 PM and was told that car is ready and would be washed and given in a minute. Got a pleasant surprise that the steering pull issue is also sorted out.

Took a short test drive and found that the issue had gone ( almost). Will confirm with my highway drive today.

Headlights, I don't think much was done, though I double checked with them.

For seat play, I was told it's fixed. Will have to check that in today's drive.

For the rear noise, it seems the plastic casing around the c-pillar had a clip broken and it was causing it. They had replaced it with a new one. The noise is gone completely as of now.

He opened the bonnet and showed me the fluid levels. He also opened the boot and showed the presence of tool kit and spare wheel.

Overall a very good experience I would say. More importantly a good customer focused attitude from Prerana and Mr. Santosh. -

It is said that your manager plays the most important role in setting up your experience as an employee in an org. If that relationship is good, it doesn't matter what the overall env in the company. It's the same case here, my rating of the service, the workshop, the dealer and the manufacturer is all defined by the one person I am dealing with and in this case they have done no harm at all to their reputation.

Total Cost: 0.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks