Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 20:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
congrats crazy car dude!

please do a out door photo shoot.
& update us with FE regularly.
Sure thing. According to the read-out so far it says 9.8 Km/l however I have only driven it for 30km. Chances are that the FE was due to the PDI inspection. I reset the trip computer so I should have fresh readings. Will be travelling to Ibrahimpatnam tonight so I will report back the FE figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Hmmm....good to see that even the "base" version looks no different from the exterior. Are teh alloys standard or you got them fitted as an extra.

Oh, and....congrats .....lovely ride....
Actually its not a basic version. I initially planned to get one but TBH it was just plain bad-looking. This is the Prestige w/fabric, the level 2 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
BUTCH (Atleast will call him that till you decide otherwise)Looks great in White. Infact too good to make one forget the MUV'ish rear.

Congrats on the Buy CrazyCarDude. Could you pen down things you miss and the planned upgrades?

Regards,
MAV
TBH I dont really miss anything. The specifications are actually more than enough for me. I actually want to keep the car as close to factory spec as possible.
As far as upgrades go, I wont think about them till the car has been properly run in. I am aiming for an after-market reverse camera although It will take some head-scratching to figure out how I can go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
Butch / Butchi (Bujji) sounds very apt.

Post pics of Bujji in the open.

Saw a new white Aria in Somajiguda (Kapadia Lane ) this morning. Was it the Butch by any chance?
Yes you are right!! I was dropping my sisters at Villa Marie College. This car is apparently the 3rd car sold in hyd and the only white one so far.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th November 2010 at 22:27. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 26th November 2010, 20:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, mate. Wish you a safe and fun filled ownership.
She looks great in white. I see one everyday on my way to office, standing next to the Tata showroom.
Old 27th November 2010, 00:14   #18
BHPian

Fantastic vehicle. Congrats
Utilize the Adapterra to the fullest and have fun !
Old 27th November 2010, 00:24   #19
BANNED

Congratulations on your new TATA.

About its name, its got some nice foreign name ARIA, you can spell it Indian ARYA (Both sounds the same)

Congratulations once again, and wishing you and your family happy motoring.
Old 27th November 2010, 00:28   #20
BHPian

Hey buddy !

First of all , CONGRATS ! Butch as many people have christened it looks just amazing and its the first time am seeing a ARIA in white and IMHO it looks killer . Amazing road presence , a zillion times better looking that the innova or the Xylo . I just love it in white . OMG did I just say it twice .. he he ! i love it buddy !

Butch sounds absolutely apt for this bad boy !
Old 27th November 2010, 10:59   #21
BHPian

IMHO butch is not a nice name, the word butch rhymes with or the meaning of it with a letter changed in it isnt all that pleasant sounding
Old 27th November 2010, 11:12   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the ARIA. The pearl white is a color that suits the ARIA for its presence.

Like a few already suggested the name "BUTCH". It aptly suits the beast.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the BUTCH
Old 27th November 2010, 16:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Crazycardude,

Congrats on the buy! Wish you and your family many KM's of safe and pleasant journey!

And, why that reference in the title. Your car is yours. Better to put your handle on the title.
Old 27th November 2010, 16:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a nice write up ! And the Aria in white looks superb ! I infact like the interior better than the black & plum color as well.

As some one said, could you take some pics in proper light [outside the garage] and post it? Good light will make a lot of difference to the pics

Congrats on the purchase and wish you miles of happy & safe motoring !
Old 27th November 2010, 16:50   #25

Tata Aria - Great going..!!

Congrats on your new ride..!! Hope you have a great time with it (on it to be more realistic..!!)..

With respect to the headlamp misting, I do not think it is a serious issue unless the misting does not disappear even after the lamps have been in the 'ON' condition for around 10-20 minutes. Or at least, this is what the dealers have to say when we take the car to them with this issue.

Either way, do keep us posted on what the dealer has to say when you report this issue..!!

Till then, happy driving..!!
Old 27th November 2010, 18:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkris View Post
Congrats on your new ride..!! Hope you have a great time with it (on it to be more realistic..!!)..

With respect to the headlamp misting, I do not think it is a serious issue unless the misting does not disappear even after the lamps have been in the 'ON' condition for around 10-20 minutes. Or at least, this is what the dealers have to say when we take the car to them with this issue.

Either way, do keep us posted on what the dealer has to say when you report this issue..!!

Till then, happy driving..!!
Yeah thats the thing. When I came home, I noticed the moisture on the headlamps. I turned the engine off and checked an hour later, the moisture had gone. Thats what makes me feel that some heat is seeping into the headlamp cluster. Does anyone else have an idea what this is?
Old 27th November 2010, 19:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Very nice color that one
Old 28th November 2010, 07:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Aria. It does look quite good and futuristic and actually grows on the person. And definitely looks better than the Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycardude198 View Post
11) Fuel tank is HUGE! I filled 20lts and its only 1/3rd full!!
Most MUV/SUV's have a 60 Ltr tank with about 7.5-10 Ltrs as reserve. So this is normal. Also remember to keep atleast 5 Litres in the tank to avoid airlock.

Quote:
1) On the way back yesterday night, I noticed some moisture on the inside of the headlamps. My guess is that the heat from the engine has seeped into the headlight assembly. Will take care of it in the upcoming service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkris View Post
Quote:
Yeah thats the thing. When I came home, I noticed the moisture on the headlamps. I turned the engine off and checked an hour later, the moisture had gone. Thats what makes me feel that some heat is seeping into the headlamp cluster. Does anyone else have an idea what this is?
Misting in the headlamps is a serious problem as it means that the headlamp assembly is not totally sealed and allowing the moisture / water to enter the console. There is no reason why moisture should build up within the unit in itself due to running engine. So I would suggest immediately get it it checked and if possible get the headlamp unit replaced under warranty.

Enjoy and drive safe!

Cheers

P.S: My office is exactly opposite Villa Marie on Raj Bhavan Road. If you are in the area, give me a holler, would like to check "Rocky" in person.
Old 5th December 2010, 13:58   #29
BHPian

Driving Impressions: UPDATE 2

Well its been two weeks since the Aria has entered our home. Overall nothing much has changed but here are some tidbits for your enjoyment.

1) I've noticed that the plastic on the steering wheel has contact issues with the horn. There are some places where you can hit the horn and others where you cant.

2) Wind noise at high speeds is acceptable but it really gets loud after 140Km/h. Then again I have been in SUV's a lot so this really isnt a huge
deal.

3) This is a car that does attract attention, and sometimes this is annoying. I went to the RT office to get my registration done. On 7 occasions I was interrupted by someone asking some stupid question about the car. This happens at EVERY petrol pump no matter where I am. I'm sure you all can guess what these stupid questions were..

4) Since this a car destined for the international markets I decided to use this weekend to test its high-speed cruising. I traveled twice on the outer ring road( the whole length and back) travelling at the EU speed limit of 70mph (about 120km/h). It clearly looks like the engineers had prepared for this. The ride was firm but not bouncy. Overtaking was not an issues and it absorbed the bumps with ease. It however should be noted that the Shamshabad ORR is not uniformly smooth so this makes the Aria's ride just that more special. I wouldnt call it "S-Class" comfort but for its price and bulk, that is no mean feat.

These are the latest photos of the ORR. It is scheduled to be completed in 2012. Enjoy!

EDIT: This is the track I was listening to while I was driving on the ORR. I felt it somehow suited the conditions. What do you think?

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture.jpg  

Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture1.jpg  

Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture2.jpg  

Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture3.jpg  

Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture4.jpg  

Tata Aria Prestige - Pearl White, Fabric Trim-capture5.jpg  

Last edited by crazycardude198 : 5th December 2010 at 14:06.
crazycardude198 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2010, 11:39   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is a car that does attract attention, and sometimes this is annoying. I went to the RT office to get my registration done. On 7 occasions I was interrupted by someone asking some stupid question about the car. This happens at EVERY petrol pump no matter where I am.
BIG TIME! Of all the new cars I've test-driven in the last 2 years, UVs attract the most attention, especially out of the city. Give you an example : Wherever the Fortuner was parked, the aam junta walked up to check it out, touch & feel and ask questions. On the same road, at the same time, a newly launched E Class or 5 series go unnoticed . Ditto with most other hatchbacks & sedans, but the public seems to have an affinity for large UVs.

Quote:
4) Since this a car destined for the international markets I decided to use this weekend to test its high-speed cruising. I traveled twice on the outer ring road( the whole length and back) travelling at the EU speed limit of 70mph (about 120km/h).
Looks like an awesome road from the pictures!

Last edited by GTO : 6th December 2010 at 11:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks