Team-BHP - Our New Work Horse - Bolero SLE
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Our New Work Horse - Bolero SLE (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/93139-our-new-work-horse-bolero-sle.html)

The Story begins :-

After selling our Invador we are using Scorpio as jeep now it completes 1.10 Lakh km so time to give him rest.

We need a MUV the choice are used Tavera or used bolero
Tavera :- not for rough use and loading purpose so dropped it

Bolero a used one or new ? saw few Boleros the asking price is too high so decided to go for a new one again SLE or SLX ? as a goods carrier SLE is enough

On 01-12-10 went to the show room booked the bolero SLE White and paid 3L
around 8pm called the sales man and told change the color to
silver.
on 02-12-10 Mahindra finance guys came, done the paper work.
Today 03-12-10 took the delivery.
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-16.jpg
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-17.jpg
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-27.jpg
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-28.jpg

will post the details..

Congratulations on acquiring a superb SUV. I also own a Bolero SLX 2006 model and I am sure that you will have a fantastic experience with this SUV.
Even today morning I was looking at my Bolero and was wondering as how he is still looking fresh every morning after 4.5 years and 80k kms.
You have made the Best choice. Happy motoring.

Congratulation! Looks good, so any upgrades planned for this ;)

Hey THAT looks really cool!

Bolero is one of the enduring favorites of the Indian consumer - do let us know more about about your Bolero experience - especially the seating comfort ( an area where the bolero can arguably improve).

Cheers!

Basic but functional
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-19.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-20.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-21.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-23.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-24.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-25.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-26.jpg

How can I make the 2nd row seats foldable ? any alternative seats available ?

Looks neat and muscular. Does SLE has tachometer? What is the onroad price? Also please give a detailed ownership review

Congratulations. Welcome to the Bolero clan. Wishing you Lacs of tension free km

Done the First service at 5600 KM.
We carefully kept it under 80Km/H up to 3000Km. After that we were able to touch 115Km/H I din't get a chance to rev more.
Now it gives us 15-16 Km/L.

Complaints so far :-
1. Driving seat become flat.
2. AC Cooling knob came out.(My 1 year old baby took it :))
3. Diesel leak through the Diesel pump plug. (Fixed with out a bill)

1.Engine Oil Changed.
2.Differential Oil Changed.

Service cost :- 2195.00

Modifications :-
Made the middle row seat in to Fully folding type.(For easy loading)Will post the pics.
Fitted a ROOTS Heavy sound Horn.

The bolero is really a work horse its ready for any type of usage and very good for goods carrying purpose and traveling with comfort. AC is too power full and very quick.

Handling is Good under 100Km/H and not bad at above 100Km/H
Breaking become more smooth and confident after the first service!
- Sreejesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreejeshmp (Post 2238254)
3. Diesel leak through the Diesel pump plug. (Fixed with out a bill)

Yeah, it happened to my Bolero after 15K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreejeshmp (Post 2238254)
Modifications :-
Made the middle row seat in to Fully folding type.(For easy loading)Will post the pics.

GREAT. That must be one of the MOST useful mods you can do in a Bolero. Something Mahindra guys forgot....or didn't have a clue how to do it.
Eagerly waiting for the pics, cost details etc.

-- Torqy

This is the most simple, right to the point ownership thread I have come across. Loved it. Congrats sreejeshmp. Looks like a new colour on Bolero and its 'super'.

Congratulations on your new mean machine, now you need not worry about road conditions any more. Do go on a long drive through dirt track to feel the power of the new chap. And share the pictures as well.

Congrats on the Bolero. When it comes to having a solid workhorse, no other vehicle in India can beat this. No wonder it rules the roost.

Any modifications done on the vehicle so far?

Congratulations Sree.

I have a very important question regarding Bolero, owners or those who have carried out mods. would be knowing:

- Can the 2nd row seat be swapped for a foldable seat?

- Or what if we completely remove the last row(side facing seats) & move the 2nd row seat a little backwards. Can this be done or floor level is uneven?

Dear Sreejesh,
How is the acceleration? Does the engine feel lathargic to the extend of getting you distressed( I am asking this only because your daily drive is a Scorpio)

Thank you friends:).

n.devdath @ No modifications Its our general purpose vehicle.

AWD @ You can move the 2nd raw seats to 3rd row and fit folding type 2nd raw seat. or we can fabricate one like the scorpio's or Innova's its cost 15K at my place few boleros are done that way.

Ashly,

Bolero's Acceleration is not bad its good all we need is a down shift to 3rd gear after slowing down (We use both break and down shift) Overall its good package for the price.But for personal use I would suggest SLX.

Posting the pics of folding mechanism.

Press this lever
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-1.jpg

Fist fold
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-2.jpg

Pull this lever towards left will unlock the seat base from platform.
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-3.jpg

The lock.
Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-5.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-7.jpg

Our New Work Horse -  Bolero SLE-photo-6.jpg

- Sreejesh