Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 17:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long Term Review - Hyundai Elantra CRDi - 4.5 years @ <30,000km

Azifali - I too have taken my Elantra CRDI in 2006 Sep and has done 66K till date. I don’t have too much to complaint about except for
1. Small noise from steering when vehicle was new, took many trips to service center, was rectified only after the entire steering assembly was replaced in warranty.
2. Rear Brake disc worn out - was not lucky like you and had to shell the entire amount from my pocket
3. Balancing – Had issues in the beginning and lost the 1st set of tyres at 33K due to uneven worn out. Shifted to Michelin 195/65 R15, did another 33k and should last for another 10 to 15 k, I found another alignment guy after the first set of tyres and may be that did the trick.
4. Key immobilizer malfunctioning – Stranded me few times and took a while to diagnose (it was discussions in team bhp more than service centre guys helped in zeroing on the issue). Done a reprogramming of the keys and is fine for last 1 + year
5. Break failed in hills due to trapped air in the system, due to improper bleeding it failed a second time after descending the hill (scary experience)
I have not faced any issues with suspension and general stability (feel it is one notch above vehicles in the same class). Don’t see any reason to sell your car unless you are looking for an upgrade, it is a matter identifying the right people to take care of your beauty
Old 26th August 2011, 22:43   #17
BHPian

Suspension and more power for my Elantra CRDI

After having owned the car for more than 5 years..managed to keep my car well maintained and really low run..33k so far.

However - I see that the suspension has taken a beating and I can feel all the potholes really well.

Also the power has gone down or so is my perception after having driven a 300hp Nissan Maxima briefly in the US.

How can I improve both in this car. Will 5a pete's mod and suspension do the trick?.

When I spoke to the Carwale dealership about the suspension, they said - "thats a lot of work sir..labor alone could be Rs 25k".

My objective is to enjoy this car for a while after maintaining it stock for so many years.
Old 27th August 2011, 23:16   #18
BHPian

My Elantra Crdi had completed 72k kms till now, also I got the suspension set up changed at 60k kms as the car was always used in rough roads.

The total suspension set up change at HMP costed Rs.40K and the suspension is very fine now.

Next on cards is a clutch overhaul at probably 80k kms. Overall its a very great car for those who want to travel in comfort.
Old 28th August 2011, 08:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have an Elantra GLS serviced with HMP Chennai and haven't had any issues so far. Elantra CRDi & GLS comes with discs all round (no drum brakes) and agree with the 'scuttle shake' at slow speeds when you hit a major irregularity. Do increase the speed on highways and road are dismissed with nonchalance and you can carry higher speeds than other cars due to the SUV like 185mm GC. I have the car for 5.5 years now and haven't spent anything more than 20k rupees for service. It's a low mileage car done 22500kms. My car is stock, don't make any mods to the car since you already have issues, this is an 'itch' faced by most of us before we change the car. It's not going to fetch you much if you sell it anyway. If you want any advice regards performance mods, contact Electra Performance, Kottiwakkam, Chennai.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 28th August 2011 at 08:11.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Hi,
I'm planning to buy a used 2005 Elantra crdi with 77k on the odo. I'll be third owner. The car is to be used only for my daily ride to office~80kms a day and self driven in mumbai traffic. No highway travel at all.
I'm yet to see the car but the car is supposedly to be in good condition.
Owner is asking for 3.5L which i feel is high. I am going to pay not more than 2.5L for it.
I want to know
1. what expenses i should be ready to shell out now ie timing belts/suspensions/etc
2. What is the mileage i can get
3. How is spares availability as i dont want to wait for parts to come for weeks
4. Service interval is 5k or 10k and how much shall i expect to pay every year in regular service

tks

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 17th November 2011 at 10:58. Reason: correction in grammar
Old 17th November 2011, 19:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a used 2005 Elantra crdi with 77k on the odo. I'll be third owner. The car is to be used only for my daily ride to office~80kms a day and self driven in mumbai traffic. No highway travel at all.
I'm yet to see the car but the car is supposedly to be in good condition.
Owner is asking for 3.5L which i feel is high. I am going to pay not more than 2.5L for it.
I want to know
1. what expenses i should be ready to shell out now ie timing belts/suspensions/etc
2. What is the mileage i can get
3. How is spares availability as i dont want to wait for parts to come for weeks
4. Service interval is 5k or 10k and how much shall i expect to pay every year in regular service

tks
Ideally you should have posted this in "What car" section if I am not wrong. Before deciding on the car, please make sure you take the car to a HA$$ and get a checking done. This will help in knowing what are the items which are due replacement and also the cost associated in the near future. After this haggle with the owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks