Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 14:05   #1
BHPian

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2

I sold off my Palio after using it for more than 7 years and again I was out in the market looking for a small car. Since I have the Linea at home what I wanted was the perfect city hatch. The first option that came to my mind was the Hyundai Santro and without any second thinking I just went and booked it. At the same time one of my friend was going in for the new i10 and somehow he changed my mind to the new i10. Decided to go for the new i10 1.2 Kappa2 magna and got the car delivered on 22 December. The first thing that I would like to say about the car is that its very cute and small looking at the front. Rear some how is not to everyone's taste. The new Kappa2 engine feels refined and punchy. I have driven her for about 200kms and everything has been smooth so far except the mileage. I had given her 25 Liters of petrol during delivery but now just after running 200kms she has come back to reserve. All these 200 kms has been through congested city roads and traffic jams. But I was expecting atleast 10 kms/l. Hoping that it will improve afterwards. Unsettled ride in the i10 has not changed even in the new gen. Gear shift indicator is a new and good feature. So is the integrated indicators on the ORVM's. In my i10 sometimes when I shift the gears the RPM seems to jump. I have not experienced this in any other car so I would like to ask this question to the existing i10 owners. The blue LED lighting looks very cool in the night. Another issue that I face with the i10 is the positioning of the fuel lid. There is nothing wrong with the car. But after using two fiats (which have the fuel lid on the right) I tend to get confused over the positioning of the lid. Don't know why but I am unable to upload the pics. Will try after some time.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:21   #2
BHPian

Re: My new gen i10 Kappa2

Here are the pics of my i10.
Attached Thumbnails
My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1394.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1396.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1399.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1405.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1425.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1432.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1443.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1445.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1447.jpg  

My new gen Hyundai i10 Kappa2-dscn1448.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 14:33   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on the Buy. Your I10 in white looks fabulous. The Interiors in brown are much better in handling the reflections i guess.
Some pointers on how the 'VTVT' thing is performing would be helpful to potential buyers. Keep Driving Safe.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !

How is the gearshift of this car ? Are the throws short and light ?
Old 28th December 2010, 14:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
I have driven her for about 200kms and everything has been smooth so far except the mileage. I had given her 25 Liters of petrol during delivery but now just after running 200kms she has come back to reserve. All these 200 kms has been through congested city roads and traffic jams. But I was expecting atleast 10 kms/l.

. In my i10 sometimes when I shift the gears the RPM seems to jump. I have not experienced this in any other car so I would like to ask this question to the existing i10 owners. .

Congrats ! the white i10 really looks fab.

I get about 10-11kmpl and my car has run about 9k now. all though you will find some members getting much higher mileage ( check the i10 FE thread ) - i have failed to get anything higher than this after trying different styles of driving/petrol pumps etc etc.

but Highway FE can touch about 19-20 if you drive at about 70-80kmph within about 75% AC. This i presume is the strength of the Kappa.

Is the rising rpm when you depress the clutch happening at cold starts ? then its quite normal with any car.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks