Team-BHP - White Toyota Fortuner Delivered
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   White Toyota Fortuner Delivered (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/94620-white-toyota-fortuner-delivered.html)

hey all,
took delivery of a spanking new toyota fortuner from nippon toyota cochin. its been a while as i was travelling and didn't get time to jot a proper review for u guys at team bhp.
anyways my initial thoughts:
I like :
spacious and massive interior space
the huge wheels and go anywhere attitude of the machine
the torque and effortless engine revs!
the permanent four wheel drive
the driving view and ease of manageability in the city

i dislike :
the bumpy and lumpy ride at low speeds
the rattles at 3k
i miss the automatic
spirited driving tends to be unsettling especially in the city traffic dodging
the front overhangs tends to scrape the stationary low lying objects while parking and reversing
build quality not upto the scratch as compared to the camry i own.
the audio system sucks. got it changed

overall i love it after driving almost every suv in this segment except for the aria which is a different class altogether.

accessories added:
front headlight chrome strip
rear tail lamp chrome strip
in dash pioneer 4250 dvd unit with reverse camera.
tints all around

i went to almost all the car accessory shops in Cochin before i settled for these guys in vytilla called car land. they do a awesome job and listen to u if u need any specific things to be done. they r short staffed but they offer best value for money and quality service. all the other guys were just over quoting the prices plus the attitude sucked.

if any of u guys need some help with ur fortuner upgrades in cochin pm me.

Congrats on your purchase. The T-Fort is indeed one of the best SUVs in the country today. When did you book it? How was the delivery experience?

hey devdath,
i had a swell experience with these guys at nippon. being a previous customer helped. i had a elaborate test drive and was fully satisfied with the car. already i have completed 3500 kms in a month.the 1k came in like 5 days after delivery.need i say more ..

Congrats on the new purchase. More pictures of the beast please. Drive safe.

Congrats for this awesome vehicle. Please post pictures of the interiors.

well guys i am including come more pics of the exterior.

pics of the ice installation including the rear view camera and tints !

ice installation including camera
pioneer 4250

Congrats on your Fortuner.

How long did Nippon Toyota took to deliver your car??

ICE setup was very nice, was there any speaker upgrade also??

BTW, what did you do with the OE system??

Congrats racing4cure, that is a beast, drive carefully. BTW, any idea what the D4D means in Toyota parlance ?

Congrats on the Beast! Looks monstrous.

BTW I would not install sunfilm on a rear windscreen that has a demister. Sun blinds are a better option.

@esteemlover : D-4D stands for Direct injection-4 stroke common rail Diesel

Quote:

How long did Nippon Toyota took to deliver your car??
1 month and 3 days
Quote:

ICE setup was very nice, was there any speaker upgrade also??
not yet on the anvil
Quote:

BTW, what did you do with the OE system??
exchanged it !

BTW I would not install sunfilm on a rear windscreen that has a demister. Sun blinds are a better option.
it wouldnt go with the overall theme of the car. also i dont think the demister would have a problem working with the film on
@esteemlover : D-4D stands for Direct injection-4 stroke common rail Diesel

It will work. Chances are that bubbles would form due to the heat generated. Plus, if you are looking at changing your sunfilm sometime, the removal and re-installation is bound to cause damage to the circuitry.

Congrats on the Fortuner. Massive is one word for this beast. Looks fantastic and i love the color. The chrome work on the lights will look even better at night. ICE looks good. Drive safe and hope the ICE doesn't distract the driver !!!!

Congrats, the fortuner has the best looking exteriors and a great stance. One feels like one is in a fortress within the fortuner.

You are the third example of someone getting the fortuner relatively quickly on T-BHP.

Lead times seem to be lowered if one either has contacts or haggles enough? did you have to pay extra for this faster delivery or is it now just the normal time that one has to wait?