Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2011, 15:28   #1

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!

Hi All,

After much debate over choosing my first car, my first two contenders were i10 and Beat, which soon lost out to the i20. Yes, it was way out of my budget, but when I sat in the car for a test drive, I knew this was it and my search had ended.

To confirm my choice, I logged on to Team BHP to search for ownership reviews and was delighted to find highly positive feedback about the car. Special thanks to Mubeen for posting such well written reviews right from the buying experience to the 4000 km update.

I booked it through Blue Hyundai on Mysore Road. I must commend their quality of interaction and customer service. A very amicable team! .I love the finish of the car inside out. The little chrome touches given to the gear shift and door handles look sleek. The dashboard is super cool with a humongous, cooled glove box. The sheer ergonomics of the car is amazing. My husband is 6'3" and fits quite comfortably in the back seat! Kudos to a spacious hatchback. I took my family of 5 out and we had a nice , comfortable drive.

Although I must say, after driving the Palio 1.9 Diesel + The Chevy Optra Magnum Diesel , I do feel the need for a little more power, but the Lady-i20 is zippy and conducts herself very well in heavy traffic. Gear shift feels like butter & I could possibly operate the steering with a finger (just kidding). Switching from Petrol to Diesel is growing on me! (But certainly not the petrol prices!)

Got the delivery on Jan 7,2011. I now own a spanking new i20 Sportz (1.2 Petrol) in Silky Beige with the following accessories added in:

(1) Basic reverse parking sensor (Since it’s basic, the sensors have been fitted only on left and right hand sides)

(2) Sunflim on passenger doors AND windscreen. I would highly recommend the windscreen film. It really does keep the cabin cooler, even if it's parked out in the sun. We all know how painfully hot it can get.It cost me Rs.4,300 but it's totally worth it.

(3) Alloy wheels

(4) Alternate horn. The factory fitted horn is just too soft for heavy traffic driving.

Here are few pictures.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-dsc_2156.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-dsc_2157.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-dsc_2170.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-dsc_2163.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-p1050904.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-dsc_2173.jpg  

The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!-p1050892.jpg  

Old 17th January 2011, 21:26   #2
BHPian

Re: The Uber Cool i20 - She's here!

Congratulations on the New Car . I strongly believe that i20 completely justify its price tag .
Lovely color , Can you please post the cost breakup along with the cost of the accessories ?
Do post some interior pics of the car , dashboard and all .

Congrats once again , Drive hard and drive Safe

Regards
Old 17th January 2011, 21:48   #3
BHPian

Congratulation on the new car, I20 is a fabulous hatch and you would love it everyday.

Were you able to get some discounts on this model?? Also please mention the OTR price.

O.T. - "Happiness reloaded.." sticker in the rear, was it from the dealer or you have pasted it??
Old 18th January 2011, 07:14   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on your I20.

Nice colour choice.

Drive safe and have fun.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 18th January 2011, 08:36   #5
BHPian

Congratulation! The car looks cool . Please tell me about luggability of i20. I mean will the car be able to pull uphill with 5 people at 20Km/s speed (maybe in second gear)? I need to know as I am frequent traveller to hilly regions and the luggability is important.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Uber Cool Hyundai i20 - She's here!

Hello Lady-i20
Welcome to TBHP and many congratulations on your new drive. Good alloys and classy colour. Wishing you and your family unlimited safe and happy miles with the i20.

So is this a replacement car? Or addition to your Palio and Optra Diesels?
Old 18th January 2011, 12:39   #7
e46
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. I suppose Bluse Hyundai, has come uprecently in Bangalore. Nice choice of color.

One thing intrigued me however. Didnt you like the stock alloys (AFAIK, spotz version comes with them factory fitted). The Neo aftermarket ones, look good however.

Happy mile crunching.
Old 18th January 2011, 14:12   #8
BHPian

First and foremost: CONGRATS Lady-i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady-i20 View Post
My husband is 6'3" and fits quite comfortably in the back seat!
Well - hope that stays like that! Just Kidding

Quote:
Although I must say, after driving the Palio 1.9 Diesel + The Chevy Optra Magnum Diesel , I do feel the need for a little more power, but the Lady-i20 is zippy and conducts herself very well in heavy traffic. Gear shift feels like butter & I could possibly operate the steering with a finger (just kidding). Switching from Petrol to Diesel is growing on me! (But certainly not the petrol prices!)
A TRUE BHPian seems emerging within, are you now thinking of switching from Petrol to Diesel?

Quote:
Here are few pictures.
thanks for the pics and DRIVE SAFE. Keep updating this thread with your driving impressions
Old 18th January 2011, 14:28   #9
BHPian

Hello Lady, Welcome to T-bhp and Congrats on your new buy i20. It is the most VFM car in its class for the features it offers.

Drive Safe and Happy MileCrunching
Old 18th January 2011, 14:43   #10
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks