Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 11:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Update on upgradation of ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
After a brief thinking I decided to go with option 2 and upgraded with Focal Amp (4 Channel) and components.
Hi Ramesh, can you please give the model number of the Focal amp. Also how was it connected to the OE music system? Line-in or PnP? This happens to be the biggest question when upgrading Linea/Punto ICE.
Old 1st March 2011, 22:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: My own T90, the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit_jain_usa View Post
Hey brother i have a 76HP punto its good giving 15-16kmpl FE on Highways + City coz need to pust it more bcoz of low power. Rather i had it tuned to 90 HP & now life is better.

For ICE i just upgraded the speakers to Hertz Millie Series 5 1/2" (OE fitment type) Components with Sosche Dampening to all four doors trust me its super amazing effect u dont need a AMP to power them and crisp bass like a small woofer has been installed. Will be upgrading to a Small woofer very soon.
Thats great.

I was very much happy with my setup in the previous car. I had alpine HU and JBL components at the front and JBL coax's at the rear. But, somehow I was not convinced with the output of HU in Punto.

I may soon add a Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
"calorose felicitazioni " (italian for hearty congratulations),the punto is definitely a good car,i always had an attraction towards fiat,i was about to buy the fiat punto,but dad is a hardcore maruti loyalist,so opted for the swift vdi(best of both worlds,maruti with a fiat engine),the multijet is a league of its own.

Happy dieseling.
Thank you very much rakesh.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:56   #33

Congrats on you new car! i must say, the more you run it, the better it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

Through out my journey to Salem, I was able to spot only one Punto (a KA registered 90 HP version) on the highway.

sorry for the late reply, but just in case you wanted to know, that car was mine.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihmisohjus View Post
Congrats on you new car! i must say, the more you run it, the better it gets.

sorry for the late reply, but just in case you wanted to know, that car was mine.
Thanks ihmisohjus.

Great. I never expected that I will get a reply for this. If I am not bad in memory, your car color is medium grey right?
Old 15th March 2011, 00:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Update on ICE

Here's some update on the ICE in my Car.

After two weeks of usage (with Amp and front components), my mind was in search of something more out of this system. Decided to upgrade my setup with a Sub-Woofer. Headed to Power zone again and discussed with Saravana. Finally, decided on installing MB Quart 12" Shallow Sub. This will not occupy much of my boot space. This costed me Rs. 10,500 with enclosures and the installation. Now, I would say that I am totally satisfied with the output.

Here are some pictures of the Sub installation.

My own T90, the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP-f1.jpg
My own T90, the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP-f2.jpg
Old 9th August 2011, 15:05   #36
BANNED

After joining Team BHP for a long time, I was thinking of ordering the stickers for my Accent CRDi. However my wish has been fulfilled, a car with Team BHP stickers on it. Thanks Ramesh for the Punto with Team BHP stickers.

All this happened while browsing the classifieds 13 days before, the car listed in classified with 13K on ODO and less than 6 months old attracted me. Mailed and received a confirmation message back, fixed next morning for personal inspection of the vehicle. Impressed on viewing the car.

Next convincing the family (wife, son & daughter) to go for the vehicle which took one day. After getting a green signal, an initial payment was made and then started working for loan with Kotak bank. Entire loan processing went off smoothly.

Yesterday morning I was able to settle the te payments and take possession of the car (with Team BHP stickers).

A pooja was performed for the car at Adayar Anathapadmanaba Swamy temple and then upgraded speakers, with JBL components at the front and JBL 2 way co axial at the rear. Retained the HU. Upgradation was carried out at Sakthi Cars in Radhakrishna Salai.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
After joining Team BHP for a long time, I was thinking of ordering the stickers for my Accent CRDi. However my wish has been fulfilled, a car with Team BHP stickers on it. Thanks Ramesh for the Punto with Team BHP stickers.

All this happened while browsing the classifieds 13 days before, the car listed in classified with 13K on ODO and less than 6 months old attracted me. Mailed and received a confirmation message back, fixed next morning for personal inspection of the vehicle. Impressed on viewing the car.

Next convincing the family (wife, son & daughter) to go for the vehicle which took one day. After getting a green signal, an initial payment was made and then started working for loan with Kotak bank. Entire loan processing went off smoothly.

Yesterday morning I was able to settle the te payments and take possession of the car (with Team BHP stickers).

A pooja was performed for the car at Adayar Anathapadmanaba Swamy temple and then upgraded speakers, with JBL components at the front and JBL 2 way co axial at the rear. Retained the HU. Upgradation was carried out at Sakthi Cars in Radhakrishna Salai.
Would you please like to share the Vitamin M?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 9th August 2011, 23:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post

My wishes Giri.
I am confident that the car is in Safe hands now with another T-BHP'ian. I would soon be upgrading and come up with another new ownership thread.

Note to Mods:- Requesting to close this thread as the car is no longer with me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks