Team-BHP - Numero Uno : Fiat Uno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Numero Uno : Fiat Uno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/97073-numero-uno-fiat-uno.html)

My interest in acquiring cars has never stopped,inspite of stern warnings from Home ministry !!!
Since many years Fiat UNO ruled my mind and always wanted to own one at some point of time.After recent trip to Paris where i saw an hugr display of UNOs in a carnival,my enthusiasm was doubled.I started looking at every possible form of advertisement and voila..our owm Team BHP classifieds displayed a lovely 1997 UNO.Though from other state,I didnt mind..after its in INDIA!!!
I began negotiations the owner,who is an young Team BHPian himself and first had a visual round of inspection through photographs sent by the owner.Next few days,I planned every possible plan to drive down to other state take a look at the car and drive it back.But my busy schedule didnot permit me.This is where i decided to take a chance and go ahead with the deal,with out even seeing the car,no test drive,not even physical inspection of engine bay.I questioned the owner from all the possible angles to get the comfort factor and i was convinced the yound Team BHPian was sincere and honest.We settled for the price and the car was loaded 2 days back into the transport truck through a courier company and to my surprise the UNO arrived this afternoon in pristine condition,home delivered.
MY eyes met the White Knight and this was possibly the most pristine UNO i had seen.The Engine was smooth and suspension was like a rocking cradle.Keeping aside few glitches,that i didnt expect,the car was good to go.I took it straight to my mechanic,who examined and quickly gave a list of medicines needed for the car.I left the Uno in the trusted hands of my mechanic to fix every possible glitch and make this car a flying horse !!
Once the car is mechanically done,next step would be a complete new Paint job(option to retain white or get Yellow or Orange) which will be followed up installing Pirelli Tubeless tyres and OZ white Alloys.A light decalling of italian motifs will give the finishing touch to suit my style.I will need to install some ICE too to play "Dot Fratrelli" for the first time in the car.
I would say I took a risk in buying a car just a virtual check.But i had full confidence on Team BHP spirit and this Team BHPian didnot let me down.
What a place Team BHP is !!!! This is the second car in my fleet that is coming through Team BHP connect.
I will leave with initial pics and give updates at every phase of refurbishment.Do comment on the colour scheme im going to adopt - White/Yellow/Orange.
Cheers !!!!

Voted for white. It looks best in white IMHO,
but if i get a Uno myself, then it would at the earliest be made into the paint scheme of the initial D, Black and white panda style with chrome ringed black wheels.

Congs on your new acquisition.
I had owned a uno for 7 years and i can vouch that it's among the best car of its time, I even managed it to drive at 145 kmph at delhi jaipur highway once and it felt better then my santro and even the estilo I have at the moment. Mine was petrol one and I paid 35k black to get the 7th car in delhi. I gave it to my sister after 27k kms and she drove it till 75k kms and then sold it for measily amount of 35k due to non availablity of spares and it never ever went in a denial mode. If service was good i would have never departed with it. waiting to see how it turns after a complete health check up and treatment.

I do remember it has FIRE written on its back doors for Fully Integrated Robotized Engine and How can I forget the way it sound. I had my nirvana reviving it to limit.

Congrats Ram! Yet another beautiful acquisition! But I wish you keep the UNO in it's original form. It looks so elegant.:thumbs up

Among FIAT cars, Linea and Uno have got the executive look. Try a photoshop job on the Uno to see how she looks after modding!

Congrats Hillram! time to pimp her?

Congrats Hillram clap:

IMO, try and stick on to its original looks. If you can't resist yourself from getting the paint job, then my vote is for Yellow. The future Eye-Catcher :thumbs up

Thanks for all your comments.
@Sid..the UNO pics look fabulous.
By all means,Im inching towards yellow colour,with skirting.
But if were to stick to white,i want to clone the below version of UNO.

That's what i said initial d style, but with the lower part black too

Congrats :thumbs up

I would have kept it White and clean or at max like in the first Uno pic posted by Sidindica.

Congrats Ram on the Uno!

I suggest you keep it white like your old GTX and do light decalling. May be a Free Flow Exhaust should be good!

Cheers

I got to know about this from a friend of mine. Who happens to be a friend/ classmate of the ex-owner . He assured me the car is in good shape. Good choice Hillram. Its a lovely car.

I voted Orange. I guess it would look pretty funkey. I hope it will be metallic? You aim at White alloys, and I'm not confident they'll look good with a white Uno. Orange should be an eyecatcher.

@hillram. Congrats. I voted for White and that was further reinforced after looking at the pimped up Uno snap that you uploaded. clap:

@sidindica - Those are great pictures of Uno. Sadly mostly i had seen Uno on road only as the AC cab plying between Pune and Mumbai. stupid:These snaps have totally changed my perception

Go for White and clone. Switch the single broad black stripe on the hood for one of lesser width or even two thin ones and I think it will look even better.

Congrats. Somehow I never came close to this car in my life, let alone driving one. But the pictures have changed my perception completely. The fourth picture by Sid with the Uno dressed in yellow looks fantasticclap: hence voted for yellow.
Very classy very italian:thumbs up