Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 20:55   #1
BHPian

New addition to the family - Clear Beige SX4 ZXI

Its a day of mixed feelings today. I traded in my wonderful Ford Ikon 1.3 for a SX4 ZXI. I am really excited about getting the SX4 but at the same time sad to see the Ikon go. There was a situation where I could have kep the Ikon but it was not to be.

Well... all of this started about 3 weeks ago when we decided that our family needed a new car. The Ikon had been with us for 70000 kms and it was showing its age. The repair bills were mounting up and eventually felt that it was going to be hard on the pocket. We short listed the Fiesta S and the SX4 VXI (at that time I did not feel like forking out that extra bit for ABS and air bags).

Last saturday my wife, my mom and I decided to go car shopping. We landed up at Metro Ford to look at and TD the Fiesta S. Neither did they have a car on display nor did they have one to TD. We thought the next best thing will be to look at the SXI. This was not to be either; we finally had to settle for a quick glance through the diesel version. I have driven the Fiesta before and was really impressed with it. it was carrying on from where the Ikon left off. In fact at this point in time I was sure of getting a White Fiesta 1.6 S. So we quickly ensured that we got to experience the seating space and the rest of the interiors. The verdict was that it was not enough for us as we tend to travel quite often and most of the time the car does ferry 5 people and ton of luggage. Also the amount quoted by Ford for the Ikon was a little less than what we expected.

We then moved to Mandovi motors to check out the SX4 VXI. Here again there was no car to TD though there was the newly launched ZDI on display. The evaluator checked out the Ikon and offered me an amount that made me laugh. So we left disappointed. The deaer was supposed to call me back to fix a test drive but its been 3 days and no one has called yet.

Final stop after a quick bite was Pratham motors on Queens road. Guess what? No car on display here as well . As expected there was a ZDI but this was the test drive vehicle so I decided to take it for a spin. My mom and wife completly enjoyed the ride and got down to planning the next family trip. Got back to the dealership and started negotiatng on the price. As a practice all negotiations are left to the wife as I totally suck at it. I normally agree to the first price quoted, whether its vegetables or cars . So this is the deal that we got:

On road price - INR 951315
Less: INR 30000 (cash discount)
Less: INR 125000 (for the Ikon - its a 2003 model and I am the third owner)
Less: INR 25000 (exchange bonus)
Less: INR 4000 (corp bonus - thanks to the wife)
So effective price: INR 767315

Went down to the dealership today to pay the booking amount. While I was there I realised that we wont get the corp bonus as my wife does not have a proof of address. Now the effective price is 771315/-.

Got the dealer to give me the following:
Reverse sensors
Window tinting
Body cover
Steering wheel cover
and some more stuff like mud flaps, mats etc which I assume are standard.

Paid a booking amount of INR 10000/- and blocked a Clear Beige SX4 ZXI which should be in my possession by the end of next week. We wanted to buy a silver car but needed to wait for 5 weeks, as the beige was readlily available (meaning in transit from Gurgaon) and it was our second choice we closed on this. If all goes well I should be posting my first impressions report on March 11/12.

I just realised that I will be mostly getting the car on or just before my B'day (Mar 12). Now I am excited .

Parik
Old 28th February 2011, 21:56   #2
BHPian

Re: New addition to the family - Clear Beige SX4 ZXI

Congratulations Parik! Beige is a good colour for SX4 but I don't see many of them on the roads (its actually a good thing!). Expecting a detailed ownership report with pics.

Last edited by mTorque : 28th February 2011 at 21:57. Reason: Format tags removed
Old 28th February 2011, 22:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New addition to the family - Clear Beige SX4 ZXI

Note from Team BHP Support: Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, please view this announcement.

Your thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving & ownership report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed