Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:05   #1
BHPian

Bolero VLX- Spirit comes home.

After months of anxiety and switching from a Thar, I drove my VLX CRDE Bolero home. It has been a decade since I drove a new car and am enjoying the little things like everything working. Lights snap on, stay on while I lock, keyless entry, the whistle of the turbo engine.

Initially, I had been a little spooked by MC's experience but it seems like 'aaal is well'. The car brakes fine, the ac knobs and all are good, it whistles when you accelerate and behaves like a nice young colt. My colour is Java Brown and the tires so far are stock CEAT.

The buying experience had become an ordeal because ICICI really sucks as a bank, please don't fall for the two percent difference in interest. Nothing is worth the 'dragging over a bed of nails' that they put you through.

Secondly, my dealership experience was really absurd. I will not name them because the few, who tried to make a difference, were let down by the many.
Initially my car had Wrangler AT tires then somewhere in the series of snafus it came back shod in Ceat. By now I had spent about four hours trying to get my car.

So after all that the car is naturally very nice. It is pretty advanced compared to my older GLX. Haven't done more than 70 km at the moment, will write a more detailed report after a few thousand more kilometers.
Another nice thing is the ownership manual which actually addresses how the car should be driven, it actually also features some off-roading tips.
Nice touch for mischievous owners like me who think it can really go anywhere.

Thank you for your time Gents, just wanted to let you know.
P.S. Also spied a black Thar parked at the dealership hmmmmm...was that the one that I had booked? Okay...okay the Bolero is the greatest car in the world...repeat...the Bolero is the...blah...blah.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:13   #2
BHPian

re: Bolero VLX- Spirit comes home.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Do write about your (bad) experience at ICICI bank and with the dealer so that others can take due precautions. Since you car had AT tyres, I imagine it is a 4X4?
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:38   #3
BHPian

Congrats..!! Chaunfa on owning the new beast. Could you please post some nice detailed pics of the interiors. Planning any mods ?
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:22   #4
BANNED

Congrats on the new beast. For someone who has clear requirements, the Bolero is a good vehicle. Add the CRDe engine to it and it becomes even more desirable.

I do not think your vehicle is a 4wd. Am I correct?
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:29   #5
BANNED

I am subscribing to this thread.

As another Bolero GLX owner for long, looking forward to the +ves and -ves between the two vehicles.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:37   #6
BHPian

Hi,

Yes Saar it is a 4X2, as it isn't available in that config. Please bear with me till Sunday for the pics. The basic fact is that one really can't go wrong with Bolero unless one gets a lemon. So far it is like driving a faster and smoother version of my ole love. I find the gear slotting a bit different and problematic at the moment. Maybe I need to be more patient and slot it smartly.

Thank you all for reading.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:40   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team BHP Support: Congratulations on the car! For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, please view this announcement.

Your thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving & ownership report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd March 2011 at 12:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks