Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 00:31   #1
vak
BHPian

My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd

On saturday 05/03/2011, I took delivery of my new Bolero DI 4wd from TVS motors. I had waited for 6 months for this vehicle. My booking was done in August of 2010. I had the option of getting the Thar CRDe and the sale executive was willing to give me Thar instead of Bolero. But I thought Bolero is more practical vehicle than Thar.

Coming to Bolero DI 4wd. It is the only Bolero model available with 4wd. It doesn't come with A/C or power steering. It is a 7 seater model with slightly longer wheel base than the SLE,SLX or VLX model. Longer wheel base may prove tricky in offroad situation but it gives very good leg room at the rear.

I painted the front bumper and grill in white before taking delivery of the vehicle. The first picture is how the vehicle came fron the factory, you can see that the front bumper and grill are in black.

Modification Planned
1. Tyre upgrade to 31-10.5-15. I have finalised on Geolander ATS as it suits my driving style. OE tyre is Ceat Formula One of 215/75-15 Size.
2. Fittment of A/C and Power steering. I plan to fit these at the dealer itself as after market fitment in other places will void my warranty. These will cost me 1.1 to 1.2 Lakhs.
3. Custom made front bumper with provision for winch and rear bumper with spare tyre carrier.
4. Electric Winch
5. Auxilliary driving lamps- perhaps Hella Rallye 4000s
6. Custom made side foot steps.

Expert opinions and suggestions are solicited.

A detailed review of the vehicle is coming up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd-1.jpg  

My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd-2.jpg  

My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd-4.jpg  

My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd-5.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th March 2011, 10:59   #2
BHPian

Re: My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd

Let me be the first to congratulate you!!!!!! Awesome machine you got there !!!

Put your full report soon, before the mods lock it

Last edited by powertrain : 7th March 2011 at 11:00.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Brand New Bolero DI 4wd

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, please view this announcement.

Your thread is temporarily closed. Please report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving & ownership report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks