Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic 2010 S/MT Initial Ownership Report

@fuel_addict: I agree. I also do not think our climate is really conducive to a sun roof, except maybe in some hilly areas. Also, it may start leaking at some point in the monsoon downpours.

They could have done better with other things like audio controls, additional power outlets in the rear and the boot, etc. I had a very tough time adding a socket or even buying a 2 in adapter with adequate rating for my Car Fridge.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:18   #17
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknicsand View Post
@dot: Sorry I'm ignorant about modding cars, so not sure how a DSP hack is done. Dampening the front doors is a good option though if it results in audible difference in sound quality.
Here is a link to the hack
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...st-dos-91.html.

As AceF355 says, we probably need to maintain caution at high volumes.

Damping the doors does result in better bass, it removes rattles also. Further, it's a pretty inexpensive mod. There are many Civic threads on ICE modification which describes this aspect in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
dot, for all those who are using DSP hack, I would like to mention not to pump up the volume too much! I believe 12-14 should be fine but volume levels higher than that seem to damage the speakers permanently! Happened with a friend of mine! Just a suggestion.
Don't like music too loud, so it works fine, I guess. But thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Drove dot's Civic AT recently and fell in love with it! Those interiors! That handling! The Honda City is so gareeb in comparison.
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I also do not think our climate is really conducive to a sun roof, except maybe in some hilly areas. Also, it may start leaking at some point in the monsoon downpours.
Agree on this. Our Altima had a sunroof. After the initial craze died down, I started wishing that it was not there since the sunroof was a source of road noise.

Last edited by dot : 18th March 2011 at 15:19.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is true rr_zen. It is a much complicated task than what it seems like. The problem is, putting everything in the connection through the steering wheel. You always gotta remember that steering moves and so is the internal wiring system wrapped around it!!!
I agree. Maybe I have little choice but to live with it. All the more, as I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I hate touching the airbag as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Does the Civic with the sunroof even sell? I am yet to see one on the roads here. Its appalling that Honda chose to go with the sun roof rather than adding the steering controls and few other features that are sorely missing in a Civic.
When I had been to install the illuminated side step garnish for my Civic, I saw an Urban Titanium Civic with sunroof on display. When I checked with the sales person (who got me my car) if such cars are sent by the factory to them only basis order, he replied saying that there was no such mandate and every now and then they end up getting a car with sunroof which they are supposed to push for sale. The same goes for different colours of cars dispatched as well is what he added.
Old 18th March 2011, 16:55   #19
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
every now and then they end up getting a car with sunroof which they are supposed to push for sale.
Probably shows that customers are not terribly interested on the sunroof. Really what is the big deal on providing steering mounted audio controls.

Realized from Admiral Togo's thread that Toyota folks are reading TBHP review. I hope Honda folks are also reading.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Honda India website link:

Honda Car India :: Civic

See the left side of the steering! It is just a mesh.

I think you are confusing City and Civic together. City has audio controls and Civic has cruise control. None of these cars have both of them!
Yeah, makes me feel better in a way that none of the Civic's have it.

Will the Honda guys do the dampening of doors for me, or will I have to get it done somewhere else?
Old 18th March 2011, 23:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Probably shows that customers are not terribly interested on the sunroof. Really what is the big deal on providing steering mounted audio controls.
Honestly, I would have loved to have sunroof in my car, but not an after-market one! I may not open it very often in the city, but an extra piece of glass will surely add to the airy feel of the car! I have used my Mazda's sunroof very generously.

Honda is real stingy about providing features to their cars in India. I hope next gen Civic has these controls as standard, here as well.

Quote:
Yeah, makes me feel better in a way that none of the Civic's have it.

Quote:
Will the Honda guys do the dampening of doors for me, or will I have to get it done somewhere else?
Get hold of a good after market audio installer and they should be able to dampen your car!
Old 18th March 2011, 23:50   #22
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get hold of a good after market audio installer and they should be able to dampen your car!
Right, Bangalore has quite a few good ones. Moreover it does not void the warranty as far as I know.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:10   #23
BHPian

I drove upto Chamarajnagar yesterday on NH-209 and back home on a full tank. Here's the odo reading at the end of it:

Honda Civic 2010 S/MT Initial Ownership Report-img_20110321_113955.jpg

Honda Civic 2010 S/MT Initial Ownership Report-img_20110319_112200.jpg
The "Ganesha" in the car!! Didn't go for the 'OEM' model :P

Honda Civic 2010 S/MT Initial Ownership Report-20032011070356.jpg

The road after you leave Bangalore is great in most parts. Newly laid in a lot of stretches. It a two lane road with no median which is a pain if you are stuck behind a slow-mover, and specially at night, with these morons driving with high beam

Roads have nice gentle curves and bends to throw your car around, and I did. It was great and reassuring to see the car handle well and I was confident of doing that even with my mom sitting beside me and she did not remark about being uncomfortable at any point. The horn is woefully inadequate I think for the car. Might replace it soon. I'm not a fan of loud horns, and neither do I use horns incessantly like people do here in Bangalore, but its good have a strong horn to move people off the lanes if they're blocking it.

A loaded (with people) Zen overtook me aggressively, and I was tempted to step on the gas to put him in his place, but better sense prevailed, as the two-lane road is not really an ideal place for aggressive driving.

The place I visited, a farm, off the highway, had a typical non-metaled village road leading to it. The car went over the stones and craters well, and I had no issues with GC at all.

Last edited by teknicsand : 21st March 2011 at 17:41. Reason: Adding another image
Old 13th April 2011, 15:29   #24

Hey all !!!!

Congratulations teknicsand on your new priced possession.

Our story is pretty much the same. We zero'd in on the same set of cars and the last two were cruze and the civic. But, finally went in for the civic.

Now, i really feel the need for seat covers. The ones provided are beige. I don't want them to get too dirty. So, apart from Stanley, whats the best bet for seat covers for a black civic ?

Cheers,
Manas
Old 13th April 2011, 16:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy yourself. Take a look at the Civic maintenance Thread - a bible on the subject.

As for the mileage indicator you will soon find out it is about 10% optimistic. I have no complaints with the economy. On the highway my At is giving me better than my Accent 1.5!
Old 13th April 2011, 16:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have no complaints with the economy. On the highway my At is giving me better than my Accent 1.5!
Same here. My MT gives me better mileage than my Esteem on the highway. And, the FE inside the city has started improving as well !
Old 13th April 2011, 17:15   #27

+1 to that. My civic FE is definitely better than my Baleno FE on the highway.
Old 14th April 2011, 01:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.mys View Post
Hey all !!!!

Congratulations teknicsand on your new priced possession.

Our story is pretty much the same. We zero'd in on the same set of cars and the last two were cruze and the civic. But, finally went in for the civic.

Now, i really feel the need for seat covers. The ones provided are beige. I don't want them to get too dirty. So, apart from Stanley, whats the best bet for seat covers for a black civic ?

Cheers,
Manas
Congratulations on your Civic. I'm sticking with the beige fabric covers for now. Probably after a year, will look to get some covers. Apart from Stanley, I've seen another company which has its shop in Forum mall. Ovium I think its called.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:11   #29

Quote:
Congratulations on your Civic. I'm sticking with the beige fabric covers for now. Probably after a year, will look to get some covers. Apart from Stanley, I've seen another company which has its shop in Forum mall. Ovium I think its called.
Hey thanks, will check it out either tommorow or next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks