Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 08:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Scorpio Mhawk BS4 VLX Automatic 4x4 with Airbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
hi , congrats on your 4x4 scorpio , your will sure enjoy more in the years to come , i have been living the same dream since 3 months . however your booking to delivery seems to bit long any particular reason.
Thanks rm_arjuna. My delivery took long because I wanted a 2011 manufactured vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
Get the steering hub cover removed and the airbag also during your next trip to ASC.Inside you can find three rectangular microswitches , one each below the horn press impressions on the hub cover and one at bottom.Top cover of this swich is secures with locking flaps. Open these flaps carefully. and you can find two springs each inside.Either replace these springs with ball point pen springs or give few hard press with a plier.Assemble back and you will find it comfortable with the switch.
Thanks rayygeorge. That's cool about replacing the original springs with ball point springs. I wish there was a DIY site for Mahindra Scorpio where something like this could be put (something like Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY)

Last edited by mbhangui : 28th March 2011 at 08:23. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 28th March 2011, 08:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Have you encountered any situation where you needed to climb a 45 degree slope on a muddy road? I was wondering whether an automatic 4X4 would easily climb up in such a situation.

I was in such a situation in my Alto (800 cc Lxi manual gear, 2 wheel drive) last week. The tires were rotating freely on the mud on first gear, but the car couldn't climb up the 45 degree slope. Finally I aborted on the second attempt when the car was sliding to the side-wall. I left the car in a near-by house and walked home. Had to wait 2 days for the road to dry up and then drive up again.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 28th March 2011 at 08:56.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:29   #18
BHPian

Manny, excellent review. Am too lazy to write anything for my new possession.Now that tomorrow is the last Exam, when do we plan for a Long drive.. And also a Really Long drive...!
Old 28th March 2011, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
Manny, excellent review. Am too lazy to write anything for my new possession.Now that tomorrow is the last Exam, when do we plan for a Long drive.. And also a Really Long drive...!
Use the assembly line feature. You can write at your own pace and whatever you write is visible only to you and the moderators. Will call you and plan a long drive.
Old 1st April 2011, 17:20   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your car.
I would love to ask you a few questions about the autobox.
1) at what rpm do the gears shift up and when do they shift down?
2) does the upshift/downshift RPM change with the amount of throttle input
3) how smooth are the upshifts / downshifts, as in slightly jerky, noticeably jerky, very jerky?
thanks a ton in advance.
My dad and I refrained from going for a 4wd autobox and opted for a manual, not knowing how it would perform offroad and a fried clutch is easier to replace when compared to the auto box.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new buy! Even i have been looking at an automatic transmission SUV and your review is going to help a lot.

Also does anybody here in NCR own a Scorp Automatic, as it is not available at the showrooms for a TD and i was wondering is a BHPian here in NCR could help me about this...

Cheers..
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Congratulations on your car.
I would love to ask you a few questions about the autobox.
1) at what rpm do the gears shift up and when do they shift down?
2) does the upshift/downshift RPM change with the amount of throttle input
3) how smooth are the upshifts / downshifts, as in slightly jerky, noticeably jerky, very jerky?.
Thank you Off Roadie. The changes are quite smooth. I feel that the gear changes are linked to the vehicle speed rather than the push on the throttle. Though sometimes it does feel that there is a slight struggle or lag to pick up speed. However, I being a sedate driver, I don't feel a problem with the AT. At least on one occasion, I needed to overtake and I pushed the accelerator and though there was a lag of around 2 secs, the vehicle did pick up speed. During some occasions, I have noticed hunting. Most of the occasions, I have not noticed the RPM because I usually concentrate on seeing the traffic. Next time, I will make a note of the RPM

All I can say is that I am quite satisfied with the AT. It has brought back the fun of driving in a city like Chennai where the majority of the drivers are indisciplined

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Congratulations on your new buy! Even i have been looking at an automatic transmission SUV and your review is going to help a lot.
Thank you. Will be putting up more of my experience as days go by.

Yesterday I have managed to stick my IPOD dock on the dashboard with a double side velcro. There are two velcro strips with both having adhesive on one side. One strip is fixed on the dashboard and one strip fixed on the ipod dock. The output of the dock is connected to the Nippon HU using a short stereo cable with 3.5mm jack.

The velcro tape is something like this

Using an IPOD is quite useful. I have created a smart playlist using itunes. The smart playlist ensures that, i don't hear the same song more than once in 6 months. This ensures that I don't get bored of hearing a song again and again.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:51   #23
BHPian

@mbhangui: congrats on your new Scorpio and thanks for the great review and the details, very helpful...

I am just about to book Scorpio AT - waiting to decid on the 4x4, wondering if it works well with this AT box waiting for response from the local M&M rep'
Old 28th October 2011, 01:16   #24

Congrats on your buy and it is good to know that you enjoy your Automatic. All the cars owned till date, were automatics. In fact, any Automatic transmission car is smart enough to figure out, if you are an aggressive or a non aggressive driver. And all this is derived, from your throttle response only. Hence down-shifting while overtaking can be done by just sharply stepping on the throttle and up-shifting after O/T by lightening your foot, off the throttle. Try it out and you'll start enjoying your drive better. Have a good one
patrack1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 07:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrack1in View Post
Congrats on your buy and it is good to know that you enjoy your Automatic. All the cars owned till date, were automatics. In fact, any Automatic transmission car is smart enough to figure out, if you are an aggressive or a non aggressive driver. And all this is derived, from your throttle response only. Hence down-shifting while overtaking can be done by just sharply stepping on the throttle and up-shifting after O/T by lightening your foot, off the throttle. Try it out and you'll start enjoying your drive better.
That is a good tip. For me, automatic has bought back the joy of driving. I do not think I will ever again buy a car with a manual transmission.
Old 28th October 2011, 13:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations.

Great colour choice. Have you tried flooring the throttle? I am sure the mHawk will take you by surprise!
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 22:35   #27

If you are from Chennai, We'll help you fit your camera over a coffee, if you didn't mind. Give me a call 09840269274. The name is Patrick.K / Moderator / Jeep thrills, Chennai.
patrack1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 20:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hearty congratulations.

Great colour choice. Have you tried flooring the throttle? I am sure the mHawk will take you by surprise!
Raj,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks to you, I have discovered the art of overtaking vehicles. I use this quite often now. This was a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrack1in View Post
If you are from Chennai, We'll help you fit your camera over a coffee, if you didn't mind. Give me a call 09840269274. The name is Patrick.K / Moderator / Jeep thrills, Chennai.
Patrick, Sure. I will give you a call over a coffee. Apologize for such a late reply, but off late have been extremely busy with my work. Glad to know that you are a moderator and learned. Nothing like to learn from a guru.

Last edited by mbhangui : 12th February 2012 at 20:51. Reason: mostly grammar
mbhangui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 19:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hows the vehicle doing now ? I am planning for AT Scorpio, do share your inputs now that its more than 2 years of driving.
Old 4th March 2013, 21:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hows the vehicle doing now ? I am planning for AT Scorpio, do share your inputs now that its more than 2 years of driving.
Hi tanwaramit,

Sorry to butt in, but please have a look at the thread given below before you take the plunge.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks