Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 11:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Monday morning; "Aria"

Lovely profile and quite a stance it poses. I like its shrewd diamond cut eyes.

I couldn't believe me eyes when I read the FE of 18 and re-read it. Cool. Hope it stays so, rather improves 11-12kpl in city also looks quite good for this kind of vehicle.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:55   #62
BHPian

I first read this thread last week but somehow wanted to research on something before congratulating zappex for this great review. Anyways, Zappex - you have set a great precedent with your opening post in the thread and now you have a reputation to keep. However looking at your daily snaps (I know it is not daily, may be I could encourage you ) you seem to be on the right path. Keep it up

Coming back to the thought that piqued my curiosity - Is it possible to put a GPS tracking device on the car and track the car's location over the web.

After some preliminary research, it seems like there are quite a few devices, but one has to either "add a sim card with data plan" to the device or "subscribe to a plan from the device provider" to do realtime tracking.

Are any such devices available in india and is anyone using them?

Last edited by gshanky : 25th April 2011 at 12:57.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Lovely profile and quite a stance it poses. I like its shrewd diamond cut eyes.
The headlight design is certainly a head turner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I couldn't believe me eyes when I read the FE of 18 and re-read it. Cool. Hope it stays so, rather improves 11-12kpl in city also looks quite good for this kind of vehicle.
The FE is really good, For an odd 2.7T vehicle I couldn't expect more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I first read this thread last week but somehow wanted to research on something before congratulating zappex for this great review.
Was expecting some feedback from your end. Thanks for the wishes, Better late than never!

Quote:
Anyways, Zappex - you have set a great precedent with your opening post in the thread and now you have a reputation to keep.
Reputation is a big word you've used out there. Hope it remains!

Quote:
However looking at your daily snaps (I know it is not daily, may be I could encourage you ) you seem to be on the right path. Keep it up
Glad you liked the snaps. Will try to put up new snaps as and when possible. The last one I put was not that good in quality. Blame me for using my phone.

Quote:
Coming back to the thought that piqued my curiosity - Is it possible to put a GPS tracking device on the car and track the car's location over the web.
Yes, it is very much possible. But requires fidgeting with electricals. For the Aria however I am not very keen on getting one.

Quote:
After some preliminary research, it seems like there are quite a few devices, but one has to either "add a sim card with data plan" to the device or "subscribe to a plan from the device provider" to do realtime tracking.
Yup, you are right. There are many such systems (Sim,GPS etc.). Few of them require subscriptions. But cell phone-jammers and well equipped thieves will always be a matter of concern.

Quote:
Are any such devices available in india and is anyone using them?
It is available in India and many have been using these devices. But as discussed earlier; No method is fool-proof. Still, I have been considering the GPS tracking for the 'Aria'.

Linky: MapmyIndia VT1 Vehicle Tracking) : With India's best maps and driving directions | Turn-by-turn directions | Travel across India
Old 25th April 2011, 22:21   #64
BHPian

Wonderful review there! It was an awesome read. Thanks! Enjoy the beast!
Nice photography too. Loved the 'Signature Photograph'
driveanddrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 05:47   #65
BHPian

@ Zappex, Congratulations on your new car purchase. Your detailed review was a pleasure to read. I read your post fully but need one thing clarified. Did you say that this vehicle does not have central locking? You mean each and every door has to be locked separately. If that's true this is a serious omission. The engineer responsible needs to be zapped.

Last edited by pamiboy : 26th April 2011 at 05:49.
Old 26th April 2011, 09:56   #66
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

pamiboy

The Aria does have central locking.

1) A speeds above 10 kmph all the doors get automatically locked
2) By moving the locking knob up down on the main door all doors can be simultaneously locked / unlocked at any point of time.
3) All doors can be unlocked manually by pulling the lock knob upwards (this is located next to the arm at the bottom left of the window glass. The Door Latch is different and is located in another spot.
4) The two rear doors have child locks so that they cannot be unlocked manualy from inside.
5) Unlocking the doors also unlocks the fuel flap.
6) All door can be locked and unlocked simultaneously by the remote key (there are two remote keys provided - these are integrated with the ignition key as a single unit each.

Nope the engineer does not require to be zapped.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 18:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Wonderful review there! It was an awesome read. Thanks! Enjoy the beast!
Thank you for the kind words. Glad you liked the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Nice photography too. Loved the 'Signature Photograph'
Glad you liked them! I am trying to improvise on the photography front. Expect better shots soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
@ Zappex, Congratulations on your new car purchase. Your detailed review was a pleasure to read.
Again; Really glad that you enjoyed the review. Thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
I read your post fully but need one thing clarified.
I guess you read the full post but missed out on a word. Posting what I posted earlier:

Quote:
However on the Aria one has to pull up the door locks again and again. The absence of a Central lock/unlock button worsens this further.
Hope this clarifies.

Quote:
Did you say that this vehicle does not have central locking? You mean each and every door has to be locked separately. If that's true this is a serious omission.
Refer to the above quote. Rest is the same as ACM mentioned above.

Quote:
The engineer responsible needs to be zapped.
Not exactly, But maybe tortured for not designing proper conveniences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Aria does have central locking.
Yes it does. But I wish the knobs used to unlock the doors were easier to use. It requires quite an effort to pull them up.

Quote:
1) A speeds above 10 kmph all the doors get automatically locked
2) By moving the locking knob up down on the main door all doors can be simultaneously locked / unlocked at any point of time.
3) All doors can be unlocked manually by pulling the lock knob upwards (this is located next to the arm at the bottom left of the window glass. The Door Latch is different and is located in another spot.
4) The two rear doors have child locks so that they cannot be unlocked manualy from inside.
5) Unlocking the doors also unlocks the fuel flap.
6) All door can be locked and unlocked simultaneously by the remote key (there are two remote keys provided - these are integrated with the ignition key as a single unit each.
A 10/10 explanation! But when coming from your side this is expected. Thanks for contributing.

Quote:
Nope the engineer does not require to be zapped.

Last edited by Zappex : 26th April 2011 at 18:35. Reason: Addition
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 00:42   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Okay, so they must have adjusted the flap in first service.
Keep a look out for this problem. you may face this again when driving on dirt tracks where lot of dust gets kicked up by the wheels.
The reason i asked you this question is this picture

the console does seem to have a lot of dust. Or maybe it was cleaned with a dirty cloth.
Many safaris I have seen have this same kind of dust around instrument cluster, even though the users drive with windows closed.
Check around your AC vents after a dusty road drive and you will easily get to know whether you get dust or not inside the vehicle.

TSK, have to agree with you with a small but lasting niggle on the lack of a sealed cabin in a safari. I've been through 12 services on my safari 3.0 and have pointed this out to TASS on every single one of them. Most Indian cars seem to suffer from this issue but the safari feels like theres a 1 sqft hole somewhere behind the dash!!
At the end of each week I have dust like i've returned from participating in the desert storm rally. add to that the fact that i live in noida and cross the toxic drain we call the yamuna twice a day.. the "sweet" smells are quite overpowering. what i've also noticed is when im driving with the a/c during the monsoon season and it starts to rain, one can actually see the water vapor blow out of the vents (with the windows rolled up) - a clear sign that external air is leaking in.

That said, Zappex - absolutely BRILLIANT review. Wish you all the best and many happy miles in the new car! It was team-BHP that helped me chose my truck way back in 2007 (3 cheers to Steeroid) and i today swear that it was the best decision ever.
Cheers!
Old 11th May 2011, 10:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Zappex: Kudos on your buy and good choice. This review looked like one written by our mods. How much time did you take to write this?

One query i had was in the range of pricing how would you convince someone to buy an aria instead of the standard SUV fare in this price range?
Tata Take a bow. Good job
Old 11th May 2011, 11:59   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase.

The first front-end picture is super ! Tata has really out-done itself on the exterior design front atleast this time.

I am waiting for DC to spruce up the Aria like he has done with the Innova. The Aria give a greater opportunity for interior mods.
Old 14th May 2011, 06:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atapsall View Post
Zappex - absolutely BRILLIANT review. Wish you all the best and many happy miles in the new car!
Thank You for the kind words & wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Zappex: Kudos on your buy and good choice.
Thanks.

Quote:
This review looked like one written by our mods.
That says a lot; Thanks again!

Quote:
How much time did you take to write this?
Well, I really don't know! I was so engrossed that I lost count. But like I said earlier; 9 months in the making!

Quote:
One query i had was in the range of pricing how would you convince someone to buy an aria instead of the standard SUV fare in this price range?
Hmm, Interesting question. But to be truthful it depends on the requirements of a person. You must have read the grueling thought process I had been through. Basically put if one has to buy the Aria one has to look beyond the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks Sahil!

Quote:
The first front-end picture is super !
Glad you liked it; here is an HQ version of the same:
Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0074.jpg

Quote:
Tata has really out-done itself on the exterior design front at least this time.
Very true.

Quote:
I am waiting for DC to spruce up the Aria like he has done with the Innova. The Aria give a greater opportunity for interior mods.
I disagree here; The Innova has bulletproof reliability and very plain interiors with minimalistic use of electronics. The same goes for the T-fort. These factors make the DC lounge practical for Toyota products. On a Tata where reliability is a concern; I for one would never go for such a modification.

I don't see much scope in modifying Aria interiors; Simply put they are great the way they are!

UPDATE:

ODO reached the 4.5k mark. 1st service done & 2nd service due next week. Car is running trouble-free as of now. I have had quite a bit of small issues; Which tentatively seem to be sorted out. Loving the ownership so far!

I will soon update about the service experience and small issues I had faced. Just waiting for the second service to get over.

Coming Up next: Service Experience & Better pics.

Until then,

Zappex

Last edited by Zappex : 14th May 2011 at 07:08. Reason: Signing out
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 15:45   #72
BHPian

It has been a long time since I updated this thread. As I type Toothless has completed 6k on the ODO. Second service done.

Quote:
Coming Up next: Service Experience & Better pics.
Sorry folks I had promised this; But past few weeks have been extremely hectic. Nevertheless will update with the same soon.

Well as of now I just wanted to share this with you'll; Needless to say I Will update this thread more frequently.

I had made a Pun-Mum run recently and I have something to share that will interest many. That being said the driving experience has been mind blowing so far. The car grows on you and feels smoother in driving as each day passes.

While returning from Pune I happened to come across the fact and if driven well the Aria is very efficient. I was amazed at the FE I managed to get! This drive was a memorable one the weather was perfect; I really did not bother to check the FE while driving. The result?

A picture says more than a thousand words; I should let this picture do the talking:

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-04062011474-copy.jpg

PS: My Innova never managed more that 12Km/l on the same route.

Until the next update,

Zap

Last edited by Zappex : 4th June 2011 at 16:10. Reason: Typo
Old 4th June 2011, 16:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
A picture says more than a thousand words; I should let this picture do the talking:

PS: My Innova never managed more that 12Km/l on the same route.

Those are amazing figures - really unbelievable.
I hope those are not the instantanous MID figures. Because instantanous figures show the current engine consumption and then extrapolate mileage over it. The instantanous figures can show such unbelievable numbers but they fade soon enough in the overall run.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 4th June 2011 at 16:12.
Old 4th June 2011, 16:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Those are amazing figures - really unbelievable.
Well, what do I say! It took me 5 Minutes to believe them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I hope those are not the instantanous MID figures. Because instantanous figures show the current engine consumption and then extrapolate mileage over it.
Those are Average figures; See the pic again: The MID reads "AVG FUEL". When showing instant consumption the MID reads "INST FUEL".

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited by Zappex : 4th June 2011 at 16:21. Reason: Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 16:17   #75
BHPian

Ops missed it...thanks for clarifying. I just couldn't look beyond those amazing figures.
The figures are truely Wow!
Hats off to Tata

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks