Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2011, 16:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

What were your driving speeds for the amazing mileage you got ??
Old 4th June 2011, 16:56   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Well, what do I say! It took me 5 Minutes to believe them.

Those are Average figures; See the pic again: The MID reads "AVG FUEL". When showing instant consumption the MID reads "INST FUEL".

Hope that clarifies.
So all that extra money going into the Aria is actually returned with Interest

Try getting that FE in any of its equally priced counterparts.... Anyone......?

And some people call the Aria Expensive.

When is the 2WD variant coming..?
Old 4th June 2011, 17:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Ops missed it...thanks for clarifying.
No sweat!

Quote:
I just couldn't look beyond those amazing figures. The figures are truely Wow!

Quote:
Hats off to Tata
The Driver also deserves credit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
What were your driving speeds for the amazing mileage you got ??
Quote:
I really did not bother to check the FE while driving.
See this statement; I had planned to do another experiment with the FE the last time I hit this stretch I had managed 18.7 km/l.

The experiment with speeds was simple; The idea was to alter my driving style and see what I could achieve. All this while I did not allow myself to check the mileage. At the end of the journey I checked the figure.

Now coming to your question; The last time I did not use the cruise control. This time however I decided to use it whenever possible. I ended up using it for the major part of the journey.

The speeds were 90-100 km/h for the major part; I did not exceed 100 km/h even once. It was a really pleasant drive and the roads were fairly empty. When checked with my GPS the speedometer error recorded was 5-7 km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
So all that extra money going into the Aria is actually returned with Interest
Err...not exactly; But I wish that was true!

Quote:
Try getting that FE in any of its equally priced counterparts.... Anyone......?
I get your point; But what are you referring to by saying "Equally priced" counterparts.

Quote:
And some people call the Aria Expensive.
Well, You get what you pay for. But Aria is "expensive" isn't it?

Quote:
When is the 2WD variant coming..?
If the speculations are true it should be here by the end of this year.

PS: 2WD reminded me that this FE was achieved with 4WD and AC "ON" 100% of the time.

Last edited by Zappex : 4th June 2011 at 17:34. Reason: PS
Old 4th June 2011, 20:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Great FE figures Zap ! Well done indeed.

In most of the 'Heavies' the 80-100 KMPH band is the sweetest with the gears and vehicle humming away in the fifth gear.
On the TFort running it for a long time at 100 KMPH (2K RPM) in the fifth gear, on the expressway, throws up some amazing FE figures as I discovered. But of course nowhere close to what you've seen.

But then how long do you reserve your patience and run it at that speed is the Q !

Incidentally what kind of FE figures does Toothless return in the city ?
Old 4th June 2011, 20:09   #80
BHPian

An AMAZING review of an equally amazing vehicle. The ARIA seems to be leaps ahead of Safari, the earlier (and still i blive) horse from the TATA stable. I hope its a joyous ride all the way. Though never a TATA fan, i am now tempted to have an ARIA if things work out sometime.

The ARIA was showcases as XOVER a long time ago in one of the Auto EXPOs, if i correctly remember. Liked it then, Loved it now.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:25   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh !! Thats unbelievable !! Kudos to the man & the machine in achieving this feat ! Looks like your car loves you a lot.

Guess you have been getting some nice averages on long runs. Have you bothered to re-confirm the MID values with tankful to tankful as well? [Sorry for this question, not intending to spoil the fun].

Also the 4x4 is on-demand right [we can switch it OFF also]? Or is it ON always?

PS:: Have you mailed this pic to TATA guys? I believe you should do it and probably you & your car will be featured in some mags / newspapers. And all bhpians will be proud of it as well.
Old 6th July 2011, 18:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

@Zappex - I am really late on this thread. I am not sure how i missed this mind blowing review. I guess its still not very late to congratulate you on your Aria.

FE figures are amazing. So you would not mind government removing the subsidy on Diesel

Now i would be following both your and ACM's ARIA - i mean following up on the thread for updates. Now that 4 X 2 is also getting released by this month end i am waiting eagerly for its pricing.
Old 6th July 2011, 19:55   #83
BHPian

I really must say that is just one hell of a review!
Even the pictures are just perfect.

That being said below are some niggles I have been facing:
  • From day one the USB port of the music system is not working.
  • Rattling noise from the boot.
  • Creaking noise while opening/closing the bonnet.
  • The panel behind the rear wiper where there is a provision for the sub-woofer has come off.
Something's never seem to change with Tata.This coming off loose. that rattling sound there. Something that most tata owners can always relate to.Happy motoring.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:47   #84
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Zapex - I too have been able to manage values in excess of 18 kmpl for short runs with cruise control with 4X4 and AC on but just don't have the discipline to stay below 100 and then give up and for a long run the best I manage is about 15 kmpls and the average for me ends up being close to 13 kmpls - but that is just due to my driving.

I salute your patience to make 21kmpls possible over a long run.

Keep the updates going.
Old 16th September 2011, 03:58   #85
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been busy for quite some time thus the late replies. I have attached this HQ pic which will hopefully make up for my absence:

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-finalr.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Great FE figures Zap ! Well done indeed.
Thank you general!

Quote:
In most of the 'Heavies' the 80-100 KMPH band is the sweetest with the gears and vehicle humming away in the fifth gear.
Very true.

Quote:
On the TFort running it for a long time at 100 KMPH (2K RPM) in the fifth gear, on the expressway, throws up some amazing FE figures as I discovered. But of course nowhere close to what you've seen.
Even the Aria his nearly spinning around 2k RPM around 100, This was a one off incident with idealistic conditions. Normal FE figures don’t stretch by that size.

Quote:
But then how long do you reserve your patience and run it at that speed is the Q !
Exactly! So on the normal runs I can expect around 14-15 Km/l out on the highway.

Quote:
Incidentally what kind of FE figures does Toothless return in the city ?
It has settled around 10-12 km/l with traffic getting notorious day by day the lowest dip has been till 9.5 km/l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
An AMAZING review of an equally amazing vehicle.
Thank you!

Quote:
The ARIA seems to be leaps ahead of Safari, the earlier (and still i blive) horse from the TATA stable.
Yes, the Aria is pretty much in a league of its own when compared to the safari.

Quote:
I hope its a joyous ride all the way.
Thanks again, But I have been facing minor irritants (More on that later)

Quote:
Though never a TATA fan, i am now tempted to have an ARIA if things work out sometime.

Quote:
The ARIA was showcases as XOVER a long time ago in one of the Auto EXPOs, if i correctly remember. Liked it then, Loved it now.
Yes it has its styling cues derived from the concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Gosh !! Thats unbelievable !! Kudos to the man & the machine in achieving this feat ! Looks like your car loves you a lot.
Thank you! I do love my car a lot. I guess it likes me too.

Quote:
Guess you have been getting some nice averages on long runs. Have you bothered to re-confirm the MID values with tankful to tankful as well? [Sorry for this question, not intending to spoil the fun].
A very valid question, I have not done this very frequently as I use Auto cut-off and I believe that the FE calculator should do its job. I mean why have a feature and not use/ trust it? But that said the values that I rechecked were fairly accurate.

Quote:
Also the 4x4 is on-demand right [we can switch it OFF also]? Or is it ON always?
Yes there is a 4x2 switch on the dash, refer to pics on page one. When pressed the front axles get disconnected.

Quote:
PS:: Have you mailed this pic to TATA guys? I believe you should do it and probably you & your car will be featured in some mags / newspapers. And all bhpians will be proud of it as well.
No I haven’t mailed it; the purpose to update here was just to show how capable the Aria is I had no intention of promoting the vehicle! Tata motors are doing a great job at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Zappex - I am really late on this thread. I am not sure how i missed this mind blowing review. I guess its still not very late to congratulate you on your Aria.
Thank you, Amit for the kind words. Glad you liked my effort. You are never late!

Quote:
FE figures are amazing.
Thanks but, this was a one off incident where I reserved my patience like anything. On usually drives the FE reduces considerably.

Quote:
So you would not mind government removing the subsidy on Diesel
I won’t comment on that, but let’s enjoy our drives while it lasts.

Quote:
Now i would be following both your and ACM's ARIA - i mean following up on the thread for updates.
Glad to know that.

Quote:
Now that 4 X 2 is also getting released by this month end i am waiting eagerly for its pricing.
The pricing has been released; I would love to know your views on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
I really must say that is just one hell of a review! Even the pictures are just perfect.
Thanks Abhishek! Glad you enjoyed the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Something's never seem to change with Tata.This coming off loose. that rattling sound there. Something that most tata owners can always relate to.Happy motoring.
True. But I own 3 Tata vehicles currently and I must say that the Aria shatters wrong perception. The Aria still has niggles on which I would like to comment after I have the 15k service done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Zapex - I too have been able to manage values in excess of 18 kmpl for short runs with cruise control with 4X4 and AC on but just don't have the discipline to stay below 100 and then give up and for a long run the best I manage is about 15 kmpls and the average for me ends up being close to 13 kmpls - but that is just due to my driving.
Spot on. These figures are close to what I achieve on a regular basis.

Quote:
I salute your patience to make 21kmpls possible over a long run.
Thank you!

Quote:
Keep the updates going.
Sure, I will wait for the 15K service to complete and then update as it will be a fulfilling update. Currently my car has completed 11.5K.

Until then; Stay tuned folks!

Zap

Last edited by Zappex : 16th September 2011 at 04:02. Reason: Arranging content
Zappex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 07:20   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The pricing has been released; I would love to know your views on it.
I was disappointed with TATA not launching 4 X 2 in the Pride variant. Cannot really understand the reasoning behind it considering that the difference between PRIDE and PRESTIGE is only in the lack of ESP, Traction Control and Reverse Camera in PRESTIGE. Also there is only a difference of 60K between the 2 PRESTIGE variants so not a big difference.

Not that i am immediately thinking of a upgrade but whenever i do it in the next 2 years it would be a MUV. Currently the 2 choices that i am thinking is Innova or Aria and the preference is towards Innova. But 2 years is a long time and things can change.
Old 16th September 2011, 13:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I was disappointed with TATA not launching 4 X 2 in the Pride variant. Cannot really understand the reasoning behind it considering that the difference between PRIDE and PRESTIGE is only in the lack of ESP, Traction Control and Reverse Camera in PRESTIGE. Also there is only a difference of 60K between the 2 PRESTIGE variants so not a big difference.
Very true. Well product differentiation might be the reason. But they have kept the Pride version safely above all. What I know is that the 4x2 variants have some structural changes so cant qualify for crash tests. While the Pride I have has a 4 star crash test rating. Cost cutting does have its downsides.

Quote:
Not that i am immediately thinking of a upgrade but whenever i do it in the next 2 years it would be a MUV. Currently the 2 choices that i am thinking is Innova or Aria and the preference is towards Innova. But 2 years is a long time and things can change.
Indeed 2 years is a long time and things will only improve for buyers across all segments.

Thanks for visiting!

Zap
Old 16th September 2011, 17:08   #88
BHPian

Excellent review and an awesome vehicle. Congratulations. Recently while accompanying a friend on a PDI of his new Safari GX we visited the dealer's showroom for some paperwork. A Pure variant of the Aria was on display. The feel of sitting in the car afer closing the door really is amazing. One's pre-concieved perceptions of a TATA piece gets thrown out of the window and all that money though high suddenly begins to make sense.
I feel the Aria has better presence up front than in pictures.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:32   #89
BHPian

Mods please delete this post.

Last edited by Zappex : 16th September 2011 at 17:39.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:51   #90
BHPian

I have few pics to share, These were taken on a weekend jaunt to Lavasa earlier this year. The Aria performed beautifully returning FE of around 14-15 km/l

Made a Mum-Lavasa-Pun-Mum run. It was good fun. Let the pics do the talking;

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0148x.jpg

As you enter Lavasa you cant miss Ekaant

Beautiful Vista's and the Aria go well:

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-31.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0143.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0144.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-2.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0145x.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0146.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0147.jpg

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0151.jpg