Team-BHP - Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/99403-driven-2011-volkswagen-passat-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoopmenon (Post 3323334)
Dear friends,

Finally VW India has seen my problems as genuine agree: and offered to give an assurance that any sensor problems to my car in future, they will fix it free of cost (Parts & Labor) through out the life time of this car.

I truly respect the decision from their side, understanding once in a while one car can come up with issues like this. It also shows that they care about their customer which builds confidence for me to buy again from them or their subsidiaries. I got very good support from Trivandrum EVM all through out the process.

Only funny thing is unlike all other brands, VW will operate only through the dealer and never talk to the customer. May be it is what it is. I am happy that I don't need to worry about any sensor issues which is the only issue I have seen in this car for the past 2 years.

Thanks to my good friends in Team-bhp who shared their comments and advises on how to go forward in this case. It also shows that when you knock with genuine reasons repeatedly, the manufacture will listen to you.

Thanks,

Anoop Menon

I have been following up for wrong entry of dates in the extended warranty certificate. After 2 months of follow up with the dealer, I got an email from VW asking for scanned copy of the documents. Its more than 2 weeks now and have sent reminder to them. Hope they revert on my mail. I am ok corresponding through the dealer or on email as long as they resolve the issues faced by us.

Regarding their commitment on future sensor failure, it is a good development and I guess, the feedback of several workshops must have reached them and may be on that basis , they would internally circulate a guideline to workshops to take care of the other customers also. Nevertheless, we have folks here who know how and when to knock where to elicit a response from them unless, Skoda is their ideal ( hope its not the case).

Had a very silly question.

What does the circled position on the ORVM control panel do? The top-left position is for folding, the top-right is for opened + heated and 'L' & 'R' positions are for adjusting the mirror.

Haven't been able to understand what the central 'O' position is for. The mirrors remain open here and do nothing else. Would be great if someone could enlighten me. :)

PS: Does anyone have any update about the launch of the refreshed Passat?

Thanks!

The O position AFAIK is for Opening the mirrors, without the heating function.
The Superb & The Jetta have a similar control for the mirrors.

‘O’ indicates the universal power off symbol (wiki) IINM. :)

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-1.png

All the VAG cars have a similar rotary knob for the ORVM controls except that the entry level ones (Polo, Vento, Fabia and Rapid) do not have the electric folding and heating functions but the knob is similar. The position ‘O’ is where the knob is parked when you do not intend to rotate either of the mirrors. Even if you rotate the knob at this position, the mirrors will not rotate.

Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-p1040840.jpg

In the Passat (and similar cars), both the mirrors fold when you rotate the knob from 'L' to the folding symbol position. And both of them get heated when you rotate the knob from 'R' to the heating symbol position.

I am back after long time :)

Completed 22000km so far, no major issues. 2 minor problems.

AC smell - It doesn't have climate control and somehow catches misty smell.
Asked servicemen to clean, they just replaced cabin filter :eek:
Most of them don't know!
Ordered AC cleaner foam, problem solved for 2 months, back again.
Finally I am switching off AC manually a minute before stopping!

Rear Bumper repair - A small tempo scratched rear bumper. Being a CKD car, it took 2 weeks to get the bumper imported.
Another 10 days to paint and fit the parts :Shockked:

Since they have stopped selling it now, god knows how it would be in future.
VW is Following Skoda!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'AL' (Post 3115462)
hey FF,

Regarding my curiosity, Blaupunkt has launched a new head unit(Philadelphia 835) made specifically for VW cars that provides compatibility for the CAN system and i was wondering whether anyone had installed it and had some reviews or pointers. What i am interested in is the UI compared to that of the RCD 510 since most aftermarket touchscreen systems have really crappy UIs.

Cheers.

I did not see a reply to your question on Philadephia 835. Did you get further information on this?
I have RCD310 and interested to change it to a very good touchscreen unit, but scared about fit, finish and installation!

The new passat coming end 2014 as per todays news has a 10 speed DSG, 2 litre twin turbo , common rail at 3000 bar , 240 odd BHP engine option in the line up , god knows what torque this diesel will give, maybe 450 Nm + ? WOW !!! Wonder who the pigeons will be.

Hi Folks,

I am a new member of this forum and a proud Passat Owner. My car is 2013 2.0 TDi Trendline M/T (170 Bhp). With the Trendline VW has robbed us of some luxury feel but still its an enticing package. The car has good underpinnings which clearly shows in the way it deals with everyday situations.
I would like to connect with other Passat owners (more so with the Trendline Owners) and share experiences. I am so jealous of the Highline ones, The car is just too well loaded. :thumbs up
As Trendline isnt very well loaded, I am soon going to upgrade some specific features in the car, like the Head unit and Head Lamps. Not too sure as of now. Anyway, Keep Revvin, 170 PS is plenty. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3434225)
Hi Folks,

I am a new member of this forum and a proud Passat Owner. My car is 2013 2.0 TDi Trendline M/T (170 Bhp).
I would like to connect with other Passat owners (more so with the Trendline Owners) and share experiences. I am so jealous of the Highline ones, The car is just too well loaded.

Welcome to the T-BHP family Crazy_Bean!

I don't think you should be too jealous of us (Highline owners) :p . Your car has something ours doesn't - a Manual Transmission.

Do put up a review of your car if possible. I am curious to know how the manual Passat is to drive. Btw, the Passat looks really smart in that colour, (referring to your display picture). What is the shade called?

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3435300)
Welcome to the T-BHP family Crazy_Bean!

What is the shade called?

Cheers!

Hi fordfreak, Thanks.. The shade is called Light brown (More like Cashmere Brown). Looks very elegant I must say. Still for the Passat lineup, Mocha Brown is my favorite.

I had a small Question for you, As the Passat Highline has a single Bi-Xenon Projector, How do you flash on coming traffic during the Day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3435304)
As the Passat Highline has a single Bi-Xenon Projector, How do you flash on coming traffic during the Day?

During the daytime, as you may know the DRLs are switched on (you can turn these off too through the MID settings) and the main headlights are off.

A simple pull back of the left control stalk on the steering column does the job if you need to flash the lights at oncoming traffic. Hope I understood your question correctly.

fordfreak

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3435310)
A simple pull back of the left control stalk on the steering column does the job if you need to flash the lights at oncoming traffic. Hope I understood your question correctly.

fordfreak

Ok, I assumed that Xenons also have a warm up time. Actually I am in the market for Replica Head lamps, Stumbled across this
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-Eu...540566132.html

This also has a single Bi Xenon Projector just like OEM. I am contemplating buying these. I am not sure though. Please help me decide.please:

These are basically a 100% copy of the OEM lights, (Non OEM quality of course). I have been in touch with the seller, and he is assuring me that the projectors are good quality with a 6 month warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3435315)
Ok, I assumed that Xenons also have a warm up time. Actually I am in the market for Replica Head lamps, Stumbled across this

This also has a single Bi Xenon Projector just like OEM. I am contemplating buying these. I am not sure though. Please help me decide.please:

These are basically a 100% copy of the OEM lights, (Non OEM quality of course). I have been in touch with the seller, and he is assuring me that the projectors are good quality with a 6 month warranty.

Have you tried pulling the head lamp stick up when the head lamps are OFF to see if the head light flashes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3435330)
Have you tried pulling the head lamp stick up when the head lamps are OFF to see if the head light flashes?

Yes, and Yes it flashes. My concern is that currently my car has Reflector Headlamps (Separate for Low and High Beam) and not Projector.

As the aftermarket option i am planning to take has HIDs which have a warm up time, I am worried i might lose the flashing ability. It will work fine in the night but not in the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean (Post 3435315)

I haven't faced an issue with the Xenon's taking time to warm up.

Personally, I would steer clear of Non-OEM headlamp clusters. Especially since your car will still be under warranty. Adding Non-OEM equipment will surely void the warranty. Also, since you pointed out that the lights aren't of OEM quality; that is all the more reason to stay away.

Try speaking to your VW dealer and ask them if they could swap your current units for the units on a Highline. I'm not sure if that is possible or not, but you could try that. This option will be more expensive surely, but atleast you will have peace of mind as well as a valid warranty :p