Team-BHP - Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/99403-driven-2011-volkswagen-passat-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by charan23 (Post 2547465)
Test drove both the Passat Highline as well as the Superb 2.0 Tdi CR. its actually hard to select one.Does a 2 lakh rupee difference have any justification between the comfortline and the highline.? Please advise seniors.planning to book the car in a weeks time.

Well the 2 lacs does get you full power seats with memory. I think the black interiors look better on the highline. Also you get the reversing camera, park assistant, cooled front seats, keyless entry with the start button. Maybe a few more things. If it is in your budget then get the Highline.

Are there any plans to launch Passat MT? Whatever happened to their trendline variant?

Finally took delivery of my beast on the 23rd of December. Driven it about 500km's within the first week itself. Been an absolute joy to own and drive so far. This is apparently the 2nd Silver Highline in Calcutta according to the Sales-personnel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 2656357)
Finally took delivery of my beast on the 23rd of December. Driven it about 500km's within the first week itself. Been an absolute joy to own and drive so far. This is apparently the 2nd Silver Highline in Calcutta according to the Sales-personnel.

Congratulations! Please do a post an ownership review for the benefit of fellow members :)

-----------

Bsmotoring has reported that the petrol Passat is going to be launched next month - with the 1.8 TSI motor. Here is the relevant link (click here)

nice car, congrats..

Hope vw launch the passat with a 2ltr tsi instead of 1.8tsi, 1.8tsi is in to many platforms now..

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 2656357)

Congrats Fordfreak,Passat is a brilliant car indeed,incase I missed it,could you please outline the reasons you chose the Passat over the Superb and the "trinity"(BMW,MERC,AUDI)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2659260)
Congratulations! Please do a post an ownership review for the benefit of fellow members :)

-----------

Bsmotoring has reported that the petrol Passat is going to be launched next month - with the 1.8 TSI motor. Here is the relevant link (click here)

Thanks! I will post a proper review once I'm back in India. (Probably after 6-7 months).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berj79 (Post 2660713)
nice car, congrats..

Hope vw launch the passat with a 2ltr tsi instead of 1.8tsi, 1.8tsi is in to many platforms now..

Thanks! I agree that VW should get a bigger petrol engine instead of the 1.8. The Passat will be even more fun to drive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINI (Post 2660721)
Congrats Fordfreak,Passat is a brilliant car indeed,incase I missed it,could you please outline the reasons you chose the Passat over the Superb and the "trinity"(BMW,MERC,AUDI)?

Thanks! We finally decided on the Passat after a lot of thought. We loved the Superb also, but I didn't want a Skoda after reading the numerous horror stories here. Moreover, the Superb is bigger than the Passat in size and would not fit in our parking-spot (all of our 4 assigned spots are horrible and an absolute nightmare to park in).

We were initially thinking of a BMW 3-series/Audi A4, but wanted something more understated. Also, the Passat is great value-for-money compared to the other 3 (if you're not bothered about the badge that much). Obviously the Passat is not as 'fun' to drive as a 3-series nor does it have the snob-value of the 'big-three'. But it seems to be more exclusive compared to the other 3 cars. For instance, you see many more 3's, A4's and C-classes on the roads compared to a Passat's :D

Other than that, its an amazing car. 168 bhp is adequate for Calcutta roads :p. Also, the DSG transmission is amazing for the smoothness of gear-changes. Lastly, features such as cooled/heated front seats, auto-park, reverse-cam etc etc, made us fall for the car.

Compared to the older Passat, the new one looks a lot more matured and sharp (in my opinion atleast). Overall its been a great car to live with so far and I can't wait to drive it again once I return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by androdev (Post 2598035)
Are there any plans to launch Passat MT? Whatever happened to their trendline variant?

It has been announced.
The engine should still be the 170ps one, but one never knows, specially given that the price difference between the Passat M/T and A/T in the same trim will be Rs. 3L apprx.
According to the dealer here, the car will be launched in Comfortline trim, which will have reduced features as well. Some of the missing elements are:
- Sunroof
- No Bi-Xenons
- No RCD 510
- No LED light treatment
However, this has not been confirmed, and the handout the dealer gave us listed the comfortline with all these features present. These changes are pure word of mouth from the sales guy.
Expected price is 24.2L OTR Mumbai. Should be starting Feb 1st week.

I have bought a Passat Comfortline Auto last year in October.

I have already done about 12,000 Km's and the car is an absolute beauty.

In case anyone is interested I can post a detailed ownership review with pictures.

On drives to Delhi - the car returned an FE of 18-20.....which is just amazing for an Automatic transmission car of it's size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driven646 (Post 2806336)
I have bought a Passat Comfortline Auto last year in October.

I have already done about 12,000 Km's and the car is an absolute beauty.

In case anyone is interested I can post a detailed ownership review with pictures.

Congratulations! Please do post a detailed ownership review for the benefit of fellow members. I don't think we have an ownership review of the Passat available in the forum.

I own a Passat TDI highline 2009.I have done about 35000 kms.in past two had half years.I am 63 years old and the passat is self driven.I use this car basicaly for long drives bet Mumbai and Bhopal.I make about 4 to 5 roundtrips in a year,the driver comfort in this car is amazing,you do not feel uncomfortable at all even after a eight hour nonstop strech.There are lots of fetures which are very useful for the drivers,(AutoHold is one of them) are not available even in 50lacs plus cars.I get appx.bet 15.5- 16.5 km/l.I use to drive honda CRVs before,which was a good car but not as drivers comfot-centric as passat

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasant3 (Post 2806512)
I own a Passat TDI highline 2009.I have done about 35000 kms.in past two had half years.I am 63 years old and the passat is self driven.I use this car basicaly for long drives bet Mumbai and Bhopal.I make about 4 to 5 roundtrips in a year,the driver comfort in this car is amazing,you do not feel uncomfortable at all even after a eight hour nonstop strech.There are lots of fetures which are very useful for the drivers,(AutoHold is one of them) are not available even in 50lacs plus cars.I get appx.bet 15.5- 16.5 km/l.I use to drive honda CRVs before,which was a good car but not as drivers comfot-centric as passat

I am sure you must be enjoying your car as the older Passat handled even better than the 2011 Passat. BTW did you own a white CR-V and reside at Prabhadevi by any chance??

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 2660977)
It has been announced.
The engine should still be the 170ps one, but one never knows, specially given that the price difference between the Passat M/T and A/T in the same trim will be Rs. 3L apprx.

Have you driven the MT car yet?? Would be great if you could write up a small review of the car. I still remember your first impressions after TD'ing the Passat and wanted to TD the old Jetta the next day after you knew it was a step ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 2806891)

Have you driven the MT car yet?? Would be great if you could write up a small review of the car. I still remember your first impressions after TD'ing the Passat and wanted to TD the old Jetta the next day after you knew it was a step ahead.

Haven't driven the Passat M/T.
Not in the market any longer, and have my hands full with work and the old cars.
Not very excited by it either, the DSG should be significantly better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driven646

On drives to Delhi - the car returned an FE of 18-20.....which is just amazing for an Automatic transmission car of it's size.

Sir please post a detailed review along with lots of pictures of the Passat. There are hardly any new Passat reviews in the forum.
Thanks.

Was driving my friends Passat some days back the car has done around 70K miles and suddenly I found that check engine lights came on was quite surprised, took it to a local mechanic as the car has just crossed its warranty and VW dealers are rip offs.

Looking at the codes he said the fuel pump needs to be replaced, was wondering how come there is a fuel pump failure, generally pumps outlast the life of the car.