Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 21:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal

Was my second outing to Munnar with the bhp ian gang. Having missed the last couple of drives, I was determined to make it this time around. Since Bigbrad was driving alone, I decided to ride shotgun in his brand new Polo TDI. The roads to Munnar from Cochin are beautifully laid. The drive was pretty smooth except for some traffic which we encountered after Adimali. The lazily climbing heavy vehicles did not help either. Just as we decided to step on it when the roads cleared, we were flagged down by cops for doing 80 odd kmph in a 70 kmph zone. We saw an Etios being flagged down few minutes after and realized it was some senior police official who moved on after exchanging pleasantries with the inspector there.. Enjoyed the trip, especially the return leg of the drive. Now for some pics from my side:

Morning traffic slowed us down considerably
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0006.jpg

That's deetjohn having some fun on the twisties
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0015.jpg

Couple of pics at the resort. A pretty nice place overall save for the restaurant located at a distance from our cottage as naveen.raju mentioned.
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0038.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0036.jpg

The Creta is one hell of a looker....
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0057.jpg

micro.aubin's GT TSI was the centre of attraction on this trip
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0079.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0092.jpg

The rides lined up..
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0112.jpg

Ending it with a parting shot...
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-dsc_0107.jpg
aswin ajith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 01:08   #32
BHPian

Had a fun filled drive to Munnar with few bhpians and their families. Started the journey on 16th morning. Being a weekend, we encountered some traffic but we were having some fun in the twisties. It was short lived though as two of our cars were intercepted by the cops for over speeding. These scumbags let go of an Etios driven by some senior police officer. Bhpian naveen.raju's Creta miraculously escaped the interceptor cam.

The resort is located in a secluded place and the property is quite big. Rooms were pretty well maintained except for the bathroom in one of the cottage and the staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant is located a bit away from the cottages, but they do provide a jeep shuttle service for the guests. Food was just average in terms of taste and the spread was limited too. Not worth the money paid. But we had to make do with it since there were hardly any other options nearby.

The highlight of this drive for me however was the period when I was driving bhpian microaubin's GT TSI. This was my first ever experience of driving a TSI + DSG car and I had truck loads of fun. The S mode is simply awesome. The car holds on to the gears and never goes below the turbo range. And the sound it makes at 4k+ rpm, I was grinning ear to ear. It just begs you to drive harder and faster. D mode however was a little non-enthusiastic and is best for relaxed cruising and planned overtakes.

A few pics from my end:
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2971.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2973.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2981.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2981_a.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3023.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2987.jpg

The cottage:

Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3026.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3037.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2992.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_2997.jpg

An orange tree:
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3043.jpg

Return journey:

Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3063.jpg
Cochin - Munnar - Kodaikanal-img_3071.jpg

A great trip as usual, looking forward to the next one.
BigBrad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 16:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

It was a sudden decision to try Munnar again as this was the best spot for us to escape the mad rush of Cochin City. Called up few BHPians and asked whether they would like to join. So finally, I had to make some last minute reservations to accommodate the 8 of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Was my second outing to Munnar with the bhp ian gang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Had a fun filled drive to Munnar with few bhpians and their families.
So you guys did put up the log, though as an amendment to the existing one Great snaps. Seems you had good fun including being caught by the interceptor.

Hope the others will also contribute with their share of snaps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks