Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 19:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blore -> Ooty, Bandipur, Mudumalai and Coonoor - Photologue

If you share your budget, whether you prefer luxury vs. wilderness, whether you want room service, what you and your kids would like to do etc. then I can give specific recommendations. I visit those jungles pretty often. Note that it will be raining now, so staying in a cottage far away from the dining area and walking there with a kid could be tough. No need to worry about insects.

Then I suggest you usend Google or Tripadvisor for further validation.

Fyi, I had taken my 5 month daughter to Jungle Retreat during the rains. If I knew what I know now, I would have chosen a different place where they allow room service and where the rooms are closer to the dining area.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 12th July 2012 at 19:37.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:49   #17
Ice
BHPian

Mudumalai/Bandipur Forest route still closed at night?

I'm planning to leave Coimbatore around 8 PM and drive to Mysore. Is the Coonoor-Ooty-Mudumalai-Bandipur route open in the nights?
Old 6th May 2013, 12:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mudumalai/Bandipur Forest route still closed at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I'm planning to leave Coimbatore around 8 PM and drive to Mysore. Is the Coonoor-Ooty-Mudumalai-Bandipur route open in the nights?
No,it is closed from 9pm to 6am.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Madhumalai and the Bandipur route is close from 9pm to 6 am. On an alternative, you could try the Coimbatore - Satyamangalam - Chamarajanagar - Najangud - Mysore Route which has no night restriction.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 08:10   #20
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Madhumalai and the Bandipur route is close from 9pm to 6 am. On an alternative, you could try the Coimbatore - Satyamangalam - Chamarajanagar - Najangud - Mysore Route which has no night restriction.

Thanks! How is the road? Is it safe at night?
Old 7th May 2013, 08:28   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dimbam section has 20+ hairpin bends. So you need to be careful about that.
Old 7th May 2013, 09:35   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is quite safe at night as there would be truck traffic movement. So no risk involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dimbam section has 20+ hairpin bends. So you need to be careful about that.
Hairpin bends + traffic jam in case a truck breaks down at the hairpin bends. Other than this, the route is far better than the boring Salem route.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

The road will be desolate but not more than the closed Bandipur route. Same precautions apply regarding not stopping in lonely stretches, being on the lookout for elephants etc. I remember there were a couple of sharp curves near Chamrajanagar. Sharp as in a sudden bend after a long straight stretch that encourages one to speed.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:07   #24
Ice
BHPian

Re: Blore -> Ooty, Bandipur, Mudumalai and Coonoor - Photologue

Thank you all for your inputs. I just completed the trip. Left Coimbatore at 6.15 AM, and went by Sathi--> Bannari --> Dimbam --> Chamrajnagar --> Koligal --> Kanakpura --> Bangalore. My plans changed at the last moment, and the Mysore trip was called off. I reached Bangalore at 11.45 AM at the end of a non-stop run.

The trip was very smooth, and traffic was acceptable. The usual rules of engagement on a dual carriageway aside, I was able to maintain a brisk pace, never exceeding 110 kmph. I faced a traffic jam at hairpin # 24/27, with four trucks vying for the same patch of road. The Innova performed splendidly with the Pete's kit, and I estimate a 11.5-12 kmpl return. And I spotted a wild boar!

Blore -> Ooty, Bandipur, Mudumalai and Coonoor - Photologue-whatabore.jpg
Old 13th September 2014, 11:11   #25
BHPian

Banglore - Bandipur - Ooty - Wayanad trip

Mods if a thread for this exists please merge with it.

I am planning a week long trip to Bandipur - Ooty - wayanad in Second week of October.

Will be landing in Bangalore on Tuesday/ Wednesday morning. I plan to drive to Bandipur on the same day, followed by Ooty - Wayanad - Mysore - Bangalore

My few queries are:

1. What time I would be reaching Bandipur if I start from 10 am from Bangalore Airport on a week day? Can I get the 4 pm safari at the park?
2. Any good resorts to stay at Wayanad? friendly for an infant.
3. Good hotel for a night stay at Mysore on way back from Wayanad. Plan to visit Vrindavan garden there for the light show.
4. Driving time from Mysore to Bangalore Airport?
5. Any additional tips and information for self drive rentals from zoom car.

Please help.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 13th September 2014, 12:45   #26
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Banglore - Bandipur - Ooty - Wayanad trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Will be landing in Bangalore on Tuesday/ Wednesday morning. I plan to drive to Bandipur on the same day, followed by Ooty - Wayanad - Mysore - Bangalore

My few queries are:

1. What time I would be reaching Bandipur if I start from 10 am from Bangalore Airport on a week day? Can I get the 4 pm safari at the park?
2. Any good resorts to stay at Wayanad? friendly for an infant.
3. Good hotel for a night stay at Mysore on way back from Wayanad. Plan to visit Vrindavan garden there for the light show.
4. Driving time from Mysore to Bangalore Airport?
1. You will have to negotiate Bangalore city traffic and even getting to NICE Road from the Airport will be a similar situation so just drive through the city and get onto Mysore Road. Give yourself about 5-6 hours from Bangalore Airport to get to Bandipur. It may be touch and go for the 4pm safari.
2. Vythiri resorts, Rain Country resorts are couple of them, plenty of resorts in Wayanad, being a long weekend do check availability. Check the other thread on recommended places to stay.
3. Mysore has several hotels, I remember seeing recommendations for Mango Suites. There is also a Misty Rock hotel in Gundlupet on the highway itself opposite the Coffee Day outlet, do check that. Location is very convenient but no idea how their rooms are.
4. Mysore to Bangalore Airport will also depend on the time of the drive. Typically, early morning starts by 5am will take about 3 hours to reach Bangalore and then another 1 hour or so to the airport, estimate about 5 hours. Peak hours will mean you negotiate Bangalore traffic when entering from Mysore Road and again when going to Airport.

Last edited by NPV : 13th September 2014 at 12:46.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 12:58   #27
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2014 at 12:58.
pushkark is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2014, 13:05   #28
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought you were looking for a place to stay overnight on your way back from Wayanad hence suggested Misty Rock is an option since it is in Gundlupet much before Mysore.
If you do plan to visit Brindavan gardens (KRS Dam) and maybe other places in Mysore you will be better off staying in the City.
AFAIK, Mango suites is inside the city, do look that up. Hotel Siddartha, Regalis, Sandesh the Prince are some other good hotels in Mysore.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2014 at 12:59. Reason: Quoted post deleted
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks