Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 15:05   #76
BHPian

Re: Travelogue: Bangalore to Jamshedpur and Back - 4000+ km

Awesome travelogue ST. Your drive through Orissa reminded me of my own monthly trips to Konark from Bhubaneswar when I used to stay there a decade ago. The place still retains the same charm as seen through your pics
Old 15th July 2011, 15:13   #77
Senior - BHPian

Lovely and crisp travelogue.Loved the pictures as well.Brought back memories of my drives through Orissa a couple of years back.

You should have tried the sweet stalls in between Cuttack & Bhubaneswar,they are just mouthwatering!Thanks for sharing.

Could you please share details of hotels that you stayed in enroute?
Old 11th November 2014, 19:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Thanks.
Yes, I will be covering the return journey also, though route details will be brief as most of it is already covered. Will write this tomorrow.

As per my GPS records the avg speed from morning starting to evening destination is about 57 kmph (going) -55 kmph (returning) on GQ stretch (incl all breaks in between), and 27 kmph between konark and Bhubaneshwar.
I know it is low for GQ, but these roads are not really where you can drive fast, too many uncertainties or too much traffic at most places.

No bottoming issues with all that load. I am quiet happy with Civic suspension, it is very comfortable for long journeys on Indian roads.
We had very minor under chasis scraps at 2 places though, I just about heard it, nothing to be concerned about. (will get the underbody coating refreshed again during next servicing).
I have been reading that the road from Balasore to Kharagpur is bad, so I was thinking of going to Patna via Balasore-Jamshedpur route. Could you please help me with any fresh inputs on the road condition from Balasore to Jamshedpur. Is it safe to go with family? What is the route one should take, and are there any particular landmarks one needs to be aware of. I used to take NH5 and NH2 earlier but due to reports on bad road conditions, I have decided to look for other options.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
What is the route one should take, and are there any particular landmarks one needs to be aware of. I used to take NH5 and NH2 earlier but due to reports on bad road conditions, I have decided to look for other options.
There is an alternate route from Balasore to Jamshedpur via Baripada-Bisoi-Rairangpur-Hata. The road though narrow was in good condition last year, but I do not have any idea about the present condition.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:18   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
There is an alternate route from Balasore to Jamshedpur via Baripada-Bisoi-Rairangpur-Hata. The road though narrow was in good condition last year, but I do not have any idea about the present condition.
That route is still very good. I would recommend it any day. Though it is a state highway, but the surface is very good and it sees minimal traffic. You can check out this link for a glimpse of the road condition and the route. This is from my bike travel that I undertook a few months ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-2-wheels.html

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 12th November 2014 at 16:23.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 17:23   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That route is still very good. I would recommend it any day.
Thanks Saket for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingWheels View Post
I have decided to look for other options.
I hope the above information does help in your planning.
Sommos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 22:38   #82
BHPian

I will be driving down to Jamshedpur next week, after browsing through HVK page concluded below route is the best option.
Planning single halt at Vizag but not sure if this is doable considering I have a German Shepherd along with me and I will not be doing more than 100KMPH at any given point.
Need inputs on a hotel which allows pets for night halt.
If I am unable to reach Vizag please suggest a backup halt location.
Any input is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Travelogue: Bangalore to Jamshedpur and Back - 4000+ km-untitled.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks