Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 22:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Monsoon Trips :: Starts off with a trip to the origin of the Bhima River

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
The route we took : Pune - Manchar - Bhimashankar

Attachment 583764

We did enquire about going via Wadi but were told that the roads were not good.

If you are not carrying food, you need to buy food or have food before you leave Manchar. Once you leave Manchar, you will not find any place to eat food except things like vada pav, misal pav etc. We saw the boards of a resort close to Bhimashankar but did not explore that option. May be someone who has stayed at this resort can give more details. I cannot even recollect the name of the resort now.

Luckily for us it did not rain until the time we started back. I am told that dense fog can descent on Bhimashankar making the return journey difficult if one stays back late.
Biju how about a Tbhp meet here for punekars and mumbaikars, its been very very long since we all were togather. Regards.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Monsoon Trips :: Starts off with a trip to the origin of the Bhima River

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Excellent snaps with vibrant colors. I would love to learn that. Excellent Narration...
Thanks Sushant. For some of the shots, I did keep the camera in vibrant film mode to get a more saturated look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
good narration, wonderful pics and great place for a one day picnic.

thanks for sharing the experiance with us.
Yes. A wonderful place for a one day outing. In these parts this magic only unfolds itself during the monsoon. If you go late in the monsoon, the roads could be quite bad. A couple of weeks after the rains start is a good time to visit such places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
biju lovely pictures capturing the beauty of nature during the monsoons man. The compositions are brilliant like always. Made for a nice soothing Thursday morning looking at those pictures.
Thanks Riju. What are your travel plans for this season? Looking forward to see your monsoon magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Beautiful Snaps, Always wanted to go to Bhimashankar.
Infact there was this one time where we reached halfway.
But it was getting late and so we decided to turn back.
Your crystal clear snaps. Are very tempting indeed.
It's and all rounder trip isn't it. you get temples, some wildlife, beautiful flowers and spectacular waterfalls.
Hope to finally visit Bhimashankar soon.
BTW are the roads good enough for an ANHC?
and BBTW Met up with a friend of yours at Big Flix Viman Nagar Yesterday.
I spoke about Team-BHP and he mentioned your name. and recent posting of Bhimashankar trip. And so i rushed to this thread today to read your lovely TL.
Thanks for Sharing & Drive Safe!
The roads as of now are very good. Would be a piece of cake for the ANHC. You know what, I too had been planning to go to Bhimashankar for a number of years. It never materialized. This year it finally happened. I hope I will go there again. Who is the friend you met at Big Flix? You could PM me his name if he is not a Team-BHP member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Brilliant pics ! Loved the orchids [?]. Those look so gorgrous ! And of course crystal clear too. Nice to know there are places which are still so clean and green !! Hi-Five !!
Thank you. Even I am not sure what those flowers are. I believe they are wild flowers growing well in that region. I should have taken a few more pictures of them. Hi-Five!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Biju how about a Tbhp meet here for punekars and mumbaikars, its been very very long since we all were togather. Regards.
Iqbalji, that is not a bad idea. I think we last met at Lavasa. It's been a long while since then.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely TL. Wish more and more beautiful places of India like this are put on map.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Precautions to be taken while getting into water bodies like streams, rivers, canals, lakes and ponds.
  • If the water body you are getting into is not familiar to you or anyone else in the group, be extremely cautious. Enquire with locals about the depth, undercurrents, jutting rocks etc. of the waterbody.
  • Swimming in still water bodies is very different from swimming in rivers/streams i.e., flowing water bodies. It is easier for a person who has learned swimming in flowing waters, to adapt to still water bodies than for one who has learned swimming in still water bodies to adjust to flowing waters.
  • It is easier to swim in flowing waters than in still waters. The flowing water actually aids you in moving in the water. So even if you are a good swimmer in flowing waters and can cross a river of 100m width comfortably, you will require much more time and effort to cross a 100m wide lake/pool. In a river/stream you start from one side and while crossing the river/stream, you usually end up at a point lower down on the other side because the water current takes you downstream. You can of course swim againt the current if you are a strong swimmer and reach the same point on the other side.
  • So if you are swimming in a stream/river/canal for the first time, be prepared to get pushed downstream by the water current. If you struggle against the current, you will spent a lot of energy and could get tired easily.
  • If you are crossing any water body, be sure there are places on the other side where you can scramble up the bank. On some canals/rivers/streams you may find nothing to hold onto on the other side. You may not find any way to climb up. Since you have actually gone downstream, you need to walk up the stream to be able to get back to your starting point while crossing the stream again. If you do not find anything to hold on to and get enough rest before swimming back, you could simply get tired and drown. This is true for lakes too.
  • Do not let everyone jump into the water body as soon as you spot it. Someone should check out the area where people plan to get into. This includes:
    • Depth of the area
    • Path to get down and get out
    • Check how slippery the rocks are
    • Check for sharp objects like broken bottles etc. at the bottom of the stream (if you can check it). If this cannot be checked, it is better to ask people to wear their footwear while getting in.
    • If people plan to dive in, check for jutting rocks, tree stubs, shrubs etc.
    • Check if there is slush at the bottom of the water body. People could get stuck in this.
  • See if the water is clean. Usually they are when you are away from cities. Still water bodies are more likely to have dirty water than flowing water.
  • Do not let people drink the water unless you know it is potable.
  • If possible provide some floatation devices to people who cannot swim. Some of them are very small and can easily be carried around.
  • Rocks can be very slippery, even those that are without any visible moss. People brought up in cities, especially kids can be completely ignorant of such dangers and could run, skip and fall.
  • Keep a strict watch over your folks, especially kids.
  • Do not get into streams/rivers close to waterfalls even if the waters are very shallow. If someone slips and falls, it could be fatal.
  • Over smaller streams, sometimes farmers/villagers create small check dams. During the monsoon, when there are heavy rains, these could break on their own or could be broken by the farmers/villagers to protect themselves from flooding. This (or heavy downpour/cloud burst upstream) could cause flash floods. So one should be vigilant against such things. Checking with locals will always help. Also walk up and down the stream from the spot you plan to get into the water. This will help you to get an understanding about the area and of any danger spots.
  • Rivers can be very deceptive. It may look that the water is almost not flowing when you look at large rivers. Usually these rivers have strong undercurrents. They also could be very deep. So do not venture into rivers unless you are familiar with it and the spot that you are getting into the river.
  • Lakes/ponds etc. could be very deep even near the bank. It may not have a gradually sloping bottom at all the places.
  • The water during monsoon/winter could be very cold and can easily give you cramps if you are not used to it. And if you get cramps, it becomes almost impossible to swim. So be careful about this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Lovely TL. Wish more and more beautiful places of India like this are put on map.
True. The Incredible India is in her villages and interior parts. And many Team-Bhpians help us enjoy and admire these places through their TL. Ever since you, Ramkya and tsk put up travelogues on the Rann of Kutch, I am dying to visit those places.
pjbiju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 21:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Thanks Sushant. For some of the shots, I did keep the camera in vibrant film mode to get a more saturated look.

Yes. A wonderful place for a one day outing. In these parts this magic only unfolds itself during the monsoon. If you go late in the monsoon, the roads could be quite bad. A couple of weeks after the rains start is a good time to visit such places.

Thanks Riju. What are your travel plans for this season? Looking forward to see your monsoon magic.

The roads as of now are very good. Would be a piece of cake for the ANHC. You know what, I too had been planning to go to Bhimashankar for a number of years. It never materialized. This year it finally happened. I hope I will go there again. Who is the friend you met at Big Flix? You could PM me his name if he is not a Team-BHP member.

Thank you. Even I am not sure what those flowers are. I believe they are wild flowers growing well in that region. I should have taken a few more pictures of them. Hi-Five!!

Iqbalji, that is not a bad idea. I think we last met at Lavasa. It's been a long while since then.
Yes sir its been long time , Punekars meet very often nowadays.
We mumbai guys also should do the same in future.
The meet Iam requesting must be in the monsoon only.Regards.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks