Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 14:15   #16
BHPian

Re: 2000+ KM Drive: Hyderabad - Vizag - Araku - Vizag - Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Also, how is the road condition and possible speeds from khammam to Rajamundry. I feel I need to be careful only in this route as this is the main border for possible agitations.
Hi Maverick, I am planning a trip to Vizag as well sometime early next year.

Have gone through Nikhil's travelogue but would really appreciate if you can also update us on what route you finally took and the road conditions as well.

Looking forward to it, happy driving
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 14:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hi Maverick, I am planning a trip to Vizag as well sometime early next year.

Have gone through Nikhil's travelogue but would really appreciate if you can also update us on what route you finally took and the road conditions as well.

Looking forward to it, happy driving
For sure mate !
Will surely post it. May be not immediately, but will share the experience along with road conditions. If possible, pics too, if time permits as I am not sure about the photography in this tight schedule adding to the current turbulent situation there.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 15:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post

Also, how is the road condition and possible speeds from khammam to Rajamundry. I feel I need to be careful only in this route as this is the main border for possible agitations.
On this road I could maintain an avg speed of 80-90 Kmph. Car I was driving old Verna Crdi. Very little traffic and the road condition is reasonably good.

You will hit a bad patch for about 7-8 Kms just before Rajamundry.. Once you are out of Rajamundary you will hit NH5 and its a breez. to drive.

Also note there is a by pass road before you enter Khamman make sure you don't miss this else you will end up driving thru the city.. However if you are planning to take a break and snack then go thru the city else avoid it.

At Rajamundary you will drive close to Godavari river, nice time to take a break if you hitting this spot just around sunset time. Which you most likely will.
NikhilReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

If someone is planning to take the Khammam Road to Rajamundry, then is there a road from Jangaon or Warangal to Khammam? One can avoid NH 9 to Suryapet if there is a road that is good.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks