Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 15:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Favourite Travel Pictures

Folks,

We all travel and take pictures when we do. We turn our albums and savour the nostalgic memories of our wanderlust. We always keep talking about those "WOW" moments we captured on our cameras for eternity which happens to be our favourites.

It may be capturing a tiger in wilderness or a small insect on a flower. A waterfall in full glory or a sunset in desert. A glorius sunrise behind Kanchanjunga in Sikkim or on the shores of Kanyakumari. Of train crossing Godavari bridge as the sun set in the horizon or a snap of sun rise captured from a plane. Blooming flowers in Kaas plateau in Sahyadris or Valley of flowers in Himalayas. Memorable moments are many!!

One of my WOW moments was watching the sun going down slowly into horizon between two small hillocks from the beach of Devbagh in December fifteen years back. I cherish it forever. So are many other moments like seeing two fresh water turtles mating on a half submerged tree in Kaziranga!!

You might have your own favourites. The ones you cherish. Which are those? Can you share with other BHPians?

Let us restrict it to two pictures. Tell us why you consider them your favourites.

Let me start.

This was taken as we took off from Leh to Delhi last year. It was very early in the morning and sun has just risen from horizon. As the plane climbed up, i looked out and was amazed at the sights and started clicking from my Sony Cybershot. This was the best of the lot. The snow capped mountains providing a background to floating clouds with early morning rays of sun carassing them. A WOW moment indeed!!

Favourite Travel Pictures-dsc00408.jpg

This was during our trip to Sakleshpur last month. We didn't have too much of expectations as we started driving around. It had started raining and the sky was over cast with low hanging clouds clinging to mountains. As we looked around we saw these beautiful meadows basking in the rays of sun peeping through the dark clouds. This was the best of the pictures we took. The meaodws strectched for miles. The tracks provided right contrast and the valley view was awesome. To top it all the clouds provided brilliant bacakground. Another WOW moment was born.

Favourite Travel Pictures-dsc_0740-ppp.jpg

Let us have yours now.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 20:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Favourite Travel Pictures

That is real brilliant capture, one in Leh another in Sakleshpur, one suggestion though is to water mark such lovely pictures. I hope to get to see some more photos in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/142872.jpg
Old 9th September 2011, 20:59   #3
BHPian

Favourite Travel Pictures-tree-neil-.jpg
This wooden bench at Neil Island, Andamans affords fantastic views of sunset and is a beautiful spot to relax any time of day or night. Neil is a 12 km x 5 km Island in the Andaman Sea, 25 miles NE of Port Blair. Ferries available thrice a day from Port Blair fetches you there in about an hour and a half. My favourite amongst all my travels.

Favourite Travel Pictures-chalte-chalte-cafe.jpg
Chalte Chalte Cafe enroute to Rohtang from Manali is set in picturesque surroundings and offers you hot cup of tea to warm you up to the climb ahead.

Last edited by rajcs : 9th September 2011 at 21:00. Reason: verbo
rajcs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 21:05   #4
BHPian

badami.doc

Fauji I am uploading one of the clear pictures of Badami which is my all time favourite

baratang.doc

Another picture we took during our trip to Baratang in Andaman Nicobar Isle, there is an uncanny resemblance to the famous robin hood
Old 9th September 2011, 21:41   #5
BHPian

Favourite Travel Pictures-baratang1.jpg

The above picture was shot in Baratang, Andaman and Nicobar Isle, Check out the uncanny resemblance to the ex Robin Hood

Favourite Travel Pictures-st-marys-409.jpg

Kite competition in Panambur beach
Old 9th September 2011, 23:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

View of the tea plantations below from Rajamalai, near Munnar, Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Favourite Travel Pictures-s6000144.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 9th September 2011 at 23:35.
Old 10th September 2011, 02:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Note From Support Team - Please post your travel images in individual Travelogues. In case of a beautiful picture like posted earlier, please use the Non- Auto Images thread. Thanks

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks