Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 15:45   #31
BHPian

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangal

Hi All,

I did the Bangalore - Sringeri - Bangalore on 24-25 Dec 2011, I could do the same in 6 Hours of driving time with a 45 min break at Kamath Upachar at Channarayapatna.

The road condition is good to very good, with small patches of about 5-10 kms bad in a total of 380 Kms from Home in Sarjapur Road.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:53   #32
BHPian

Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi All,

I did the Bangalore - Sringeri - Bangalore on 24-25 Dec 2011, I could do the same in 6 Hours of driving time with a 45 min break at Kamath Upachar at Channarayapatna.

The road condition is good to very good, with small patches of about 5-10 kms bad in a total of 380 Kms from Home in Sarjapur Road.
Thats good to hear. Please post the TL with snaps
Old 31st January 2012, 15:27   #33
BHPian

Did a trip to Chikmagalur and Sringeri last weekend. Route taken BLR-Hassan-Belur-Chikmagalur-Aldur-Balehonnur-Sringeri and back.
  • Took the NICE and Neelamangala Toll road to join NH48.
  • NH48 is 4-laned for about half way to Hassan. Rest work is going on but road condition is pretty good.
  • Hassan to Belur is very good as well.
  • Belur to Chikmagalur is patchy at one or two places, not a problem though.
  • Chikmagalur to Aldur is rough for about 10-15 kms
  • Aldur to Sringeri is generally good though most of it is through hills so quite twisty. Not pleasant for motion-sickness susceptible passengers.
Stopped over at Shravanabelagola on the onward trip.

Driving time from Sringeri to B'lore was about 6.5 hrs.
Old 27th June 2012, 18:20   #34
BHPian

Updates to the Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe thread

travelled in June 2012 3rd week

Route - Bangalore, Hassan , Belur, Chikmaglur, Sringeri, Agumbe, Return

Road conditions - Excellent till Yeduyur on Hassan NH. Road work in progress for about 50-60 Km till Hassan
Good roads Belur till Chikmaglur
Good roads with some bad patches from Chikmaglur- Balehonnur- Sringeri
Average but driveable roads Sringeri - Agumbe

Stay Options in Sringeri - Advaith Lancer 1650 with taxes non ac double room

Sringeri - Agumbe is amazing in the monsoons and best time to visit. No crowds and awesome climate.

Pleasure to drive on curvy roads.

Tips - Drive back before 6 PM as you donot want to get caught in the rains
Watch out for leeches

River Tunga in full flow
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...3&d=1340801196

River bhadra in full flow
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1340801196

Agumbe sunset point
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1340801196

Enroute Green roadshttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=948040&stc=1&d=1340801 196
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-sringeri-064-reduced.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-agumbe-sringeri-014reduced.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-agumbe-sringeri-038-reduced.jpg  

Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-sringeri-022-reduced.jpg  

Old 7th July 2012, 10:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
Updates to the Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe thread

travelled in June 2012 3rd week
Nice pictures. Would love to see and read more about your trip. Please do post them.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
The best route is via Bangalore - Hassan - Chikkamaglur - Aldur - Balehonnur -Jayapura - Sringeri.
All,

I am driving to Sringeri in the next 3 days.
Has anyone used the above route, and is it still good?
Or could you please suggest good alternative?

Many Thanks!

Last edited by vishnu-man : 10th November 2014 at 16:17.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu-man View Post
All,

I am driving to Sringeri in the next 3 days.
Has anyone used the above route, and is it still good?
Or could you please suggest good alternative?

Many Thanks!
Budget about 2 to 2.5 hours from Chikkamagulur. Winding and twisty roads via Aldur/Balehonnur. Totally enjoyable and to be driven at leisure !
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 21:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Budget about 2 to 2.5 hours from Chikkamagulur. Winding and twisty roads via Aldur/Balehonnur. Totally enjoyable and to be driven at leisure !
I was anticipating your reply here, ampere!
Thanks, I'll go ahead and enjoy the above route as you described.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't able to drive last weekend, but I'm heading out tomorrow morning for a 2 day drive.
Was in need of another info
Which would be the right place to visit first - Horanadu or Sringeri?
If it is Horanadu, then I'd heard that the road between the two is not that great. Could you please confirm?

On a side note - How many kms would I be twisting around on those roads?

Many Thanks!
Old 17th November 2014, 15:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Which would be the right place to visit first - Horanadu or Sringeri?
If it is Horanadu, then I'd heard that the road between the two is not that great. Could you please confirm?

On a side note - How many kms would I be twisting around on those roads?

Many Thanks!
I had done Sringeri first and then come to Horanadu. Route was Sringeri – Kachige - Jayapura (Bypass) – Makkikoppe – Halehalli – Horanadu. This trip was done in April 2013, so not sure of the road conditions now. More details can be found here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html

I'm sure someone will give latest info.
prashkul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 10:10   #41
BHPian

Update here:
All - I did this ride on 18-Nov and 19-Nov and here's my route:

Bangalore - Sringeri on Day 1:
Bangalore - Hassan - Chikkamaglur - Aldur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri (340 kms)

Road Conditions - Twisty roads after Aldur; you'll also find a couple bad patches here and there; but as ampere suggested, you'll enjoy the drive if driven at ease.

We also stopped over at Bhadra Stop (a coffee place) in Balehonnur. This guy makes the best coffee, I must say.

Finished my Son's Aksharabhyasa next day morning at about 8 am and left to Horanadu.

A good place for breakfast you'll want to visit:
Maruti Tiffin Center - It's a home-run small mess run near the exit door of the main temple. The food here is just too good.
All you'll get is only - Idli, Vada, Poori, Tea/Coffee.
Highly recommended!

Sringeri - Horanadu on Day 2:
Sringeri - Agalagandi - Basarikatte - Balehole - Kalasa - Horanadu (58 kms)
This was a good route with slightly single-lane-narrow-roads till Balehole and then the roads got a little broader (single-lane) and smoother there-after.

We got the darshana here and had yummy lunch at temple and started back to Bangalore, tried visiting Kalasa on the way, but the temple was closed and would've opened at 4 pm. So we drove away from there and had to reach Bangalore sooner.

Horanadu - Bangalore on Day 2:
Horanadu - Kalasa - Balehole - Kottigehara - Mudigere - Ballenahalli - Belur - Hassan - Bangalore (320 kms)
Roads are good from Horanadu till Mudigere and a few broken patches near Ballenahalli and it will get better after Belur.

Google Navigation would recommend the same route too.

Have a good one
Old 21st November 2014, 10:36   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Horanadu - Bangalore on Day 2:
Horanadu - Kalasa - Balehole - Kottigehara - Mudigere - Ballenahalli - Belur - Hassan - Bangalore (320 kms)
Roads are good from Horanadu till Mudigere and a few broken patches near Ballenahalli and it will get better after Belur.
Did you go back to Balehole/Magundi on the way back to Bangalore? Because if yes, there is no need. There is a direct route back which joins the Balehonnr-Kottegehara road bypassing Balehole/Magundi.
Old 21st November 2014, 10:43   #43
BHPian

Vihanu> thanks for the update.
I'm planning to visit Sringeri/Horanadu next week. Always I take while coming back also Horandu/Balehonnur/CKM/Hassan/B'lore. Is this Kottigehara route better than Balehonnur road?
Old 21st November 2014, 10:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Did you go back to Balehole/Magundi on the way back to Bangalore? Because if yes, there is no need. There is a direct route back which joins the Balehonnr-Kottegehara road bypassing Balehole/Magundi.
Oops, that was a typo there... My bad

I messed up while copying place names.
The correct route:
Horanadu - Kalasa - Kottigehara - Mudigere - Ballenahalli - Belur - Hassan - Bangalore (320 kms)

Thanks for pointing that ampere!

Mods: Could you please update the route for me, as it would really help others who may be referring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Vihanu> thanks for the update.
I'm planning to visit Sringeri/Horanadu next week. Always I take while coming back also Horandu/Balehonnur/CKM/Hassan/B'lore. Is this Kottigehara route better than Balehonnur road?
Like I said, roads are good here and scenic too, except for a few rough and manageable patches here and there.
But you'll save good time if you avoid CKM.

Last edited by Stratos : 21st November 2014 at 14:25.
vishnu-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 12:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Thanks for your inputs friend. Have taken a note of this and will surely dropy by during our next outing in that route.

Hello Kiran,

I am planning to visit the eagle eye holiday resort tomorrow but I am unable to locate the same in my MMI device or in the Mapmyindia web app. Do you have any reference items for locating the same in MMI?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks