Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 13:17   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Desert Storm Travels (Travails?)

@all : So it would seem that the culprit is the valve stems. See the picture where the valve is being pressed to a side and shows cracks. By this time the internal stem had been removed (de-bonded).
Old 24th January 2012, 20:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

On the valves, cirtainly its very strange.

In UAE, on all my 4x4s so far I never had such an issue. With new set of tyres, I also change the valves and then it stays for the life of the tyres - say around 50-60 K or 4 years whichever comes first.

The case for better roads her is offset by the etensive off road use I do and the over 50 deg Centi road temperatures during 3 months of summer.

So either the quality of valves is suspect or its really Murphy at his best.

My two bits worth on this

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 24th January 2012, 21:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Guys,

On the valves, cirtainly its very strange.

In UAE, on all my 4x4s so far I never had such an issue. With new set of tyres, I also change the valves and then it stays for the life of the tyres - say around 50-60 K or 4 years whichever comes first.
Exactly Nair Saab, more so because they are stated as being used with an OE rim, I would take that with a pinch of salt. For someone who has seen how stringent tire assemblies are (safety norms wise), I would conclude something is fishy with this problem. Valve quality for a few cases is understandable, this is definitely abnormal. I would discount Mr. Murphy for time being.

As a customer I may think the valve was faulty, but the engineer within me does not.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 24th January 2012 at 21:27.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:02   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyre problems apart the day was one long pleasurable drive with lunch at a Gujrati dhaba. They do serve awesome "lasoon chatni".

The night was already booked at Garha Resort (aka Kutch Safari Lodge), about 15 kms from Bhuj going North on State Highway 45. ( Google Maps )

Desert Storm Travels (Travails?)-20120111-09.46.16.jpg

Situated on the banks of artificial lake created by Rudra Mata Dam. The lake was full this time unlike last years and early morning sunrise were treat to watch each day while sipping early morning tea in chilly wind. And the same chilly wind made for a stupendous evening chatting and sitting around bonfire.

See the two vies of lake. First in May this year and second now. The island in middle of lake has completely disappeared under water.
Desert Storm Travels (Travails?)-100_4433.jpg
Desert Storm Travels (Travails?)-dscn1644.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks