Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 20:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maldives Ahoy... A Picturelogue !!!

Tanks Lejhoom for an interesting insight to the country. IMHO bans must be respected when there is an element of religion involved to it. Yes under wraps and under the veil of darkness, many fanatic beliefs do get tossed out of the window but that is for those who adhere to it and those, from amongst them who dont. We are not supposed to follow these beliefs.

Yes i did go snorkeling and have made an extensive mention of it. Seems you have just browsed the pictures and not read the text Unfortunately an underwater camera that i had borrowed from a friend, meant to capture such beautiful pictures decided to act truant as soon as we hit the water. Needless to say we got no underwater pictures at all.

Interestingly, i saw no animal in the country save a few birds and aquatic creatures. There were no animals on the island and absolutely none in the city.

I agree with you when you say if you've seen one you've seen them all. But going there once is a must. I dont know if id want to go again though as theres nothing but the same stuff to do in all the islands.
Old 8th March 2012, 15:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

I've been glued to this thread for the last one hour, devouring the pictures and every line of text. The way you narrated the story, it seemed like we were there with you partaking of every experience that came your way. Excellent!

You will find this funny. Some days back at a party I met a friend's friend who had honeymooned in Maldives. An excellent narrator, he told us stories of the place he stayed in and his snorkelling experiences. When I read your travelogue today, it seemed an EXACT repetition of what he told me, down to nuances like the hole in the room floor and the barbeque experience! Maybe you guys stayed at the same resort .

He finished by saying Maldives is extremely expensive and I should have a good budget in mind if I'm thinking of a trip. After finishing your travelogue I went to the W Resort website and got a shock! Lets say the place will remain a dream for some years to come, and the desire to go will be whetted only by revisiting your travelogue till then .
Old 9th March 2012, 19:29   #48
BHPian

Very good travelogues. One quick question.
What are the options for vegeatarian communicty in Maldives ? I am 100% pur veg and finds it diffcult to goto any south-east asian county becaue of this.
Can we also survive there ?
Old 8th May 2012, 12:07   #49
BHPian

Required Information on political situation in Maldives

I was planning for a trip to the Maldives Island in June for some time now but a colleague just told me that it might not be a good time as he heard about some political unrest off late. Can anyone familiar with the situation throw some light on it. Need to finalize the bookings soon so really appreciate all your help. Is it fine to travel to Maldives in June?
Old 9th May 2012, 15:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I would budget a minimum of US$ 100 per night, per room including of breakfast, excluding taxes and service charges.
I saw this and went into W website. Did you miss a "0" . Lowest price I saw was $800 a night

Photos look lovely, hope to find a sweet deal to go there.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep joshi View Post
Very good travelogues. One quick question.
What are the options for vegeatarian communicty in Maldives ? I am 100% pur veg and finds it diffcult to goto any south-east asian county becaue of this.
Can we also survive there ?
SInce the staff there is mostly from India and with the Taj group also owning a hotel there, the concept of vegetarianism is very well known in the Maldives. Worry not, rest assured you will survive very well in the Country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
I was planning for a trip to the Maldives Island in June for some time now but a colleague just told me that it might not be a good time as he heard about some political unrest off late. Can anyone familiar with the situation throw some light on it. Need to finalize the bookings soon so really appreciate all your help. Is it fine to travel to Maldives in June?
June would be heavy rains if im not mistaken. You wouldn't want to go near the sea in Rains as you would not be able to enjoy any part but the rates will be rock bottom im sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
I saw this and went into W website. Did you miss a "0" . Lowest price I saw was $800 a night

Photos look lovely, hope to find a sweet deal to go there.
Well i did say it was expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks