Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 10:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Corba Ke Heere – Drive to my School town Korba (C.G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
What is approx toll amount you paid from Bangalore to Hyderabad ? Actually I am planning to drive to Bangalore from Hyd and back so I am generally curious.
Between BLR-HYD we paid ~ INR 375 in toll, just totaled all the receipts which i have preserved for sometime. Even if the total toll was INR 500 i would be happy to pay as this sector has the best roads that i have driven on, at the same time meager traffic.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 14:04   #17
BHPian

Hi Mayank,

Nice pictures. Don't know, how I missed this thread.

One of your snap reminded me of my last trip (Dec 2010) to this area. I did Nagpur - Gondia last year, in my relatives Punto.

Corba Ke Heere – Drive to my School town Korba (C.G)-deori.jpg

There is a restaurant (dhaba) on the right side of the highway before we turn for Gondia on left side, we had our dinner there. My relatives stay there in a village near Gondia and also in Raipur and Corba. Seems like I must visit them very soon.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 20th January 2012, 16:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
One of your snap reminded me of my last trip (Dec 2010) to this area.
Thanks, yeah the road is memorable. I still remember me passing through Deori in past with my Dad when we used to go to Gondia and Balaghat with my Dad. Although we did not stop anywhere for food (as were eager to get home to get home cooked food) but i do remember eating at Deori long time back.

Yeah please plan for the visit as this place is lovely in winters. Next winter (December) we are planning again because i would again have about a week of shutdown and daughter will also have holidays.
Old 20th January 2012, 19:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quite a drive!
Which route from Raipur to Korba - not via Bilaspur? Road looks great, but only Hindi signboards?
How were facilities on the Raipur-Korba road?
Where did you stay in Raipur?
Old 20th January 2012, 21:18   #20
BHPian

Nice little travelogue mayank.
I always wanted to go visit my native place which I had left over 20 years ago, and show my kids our old house, the schools I went to, the neighborhood I grew up in. Feeling pangs of nostalgia after reading abut your travel.

Did you notice that in the fishy toll booth, even the Prime Minister is not exempted?

-From another avid reader of Phantom comics. Long live the Ghost Who Walks. BTW, haven't read those in a while now, but are we still on the 22nd generation or have Kit and Heloise grown up?
Old 21st January 2012, 01:07   #21
BHPian

One more thing I wanted to add in my previous post but forgot: such high speeds of 190 kmph can be quite dangerous even if done for a minute or two. Imagine what would happen if you had a flat during that window, especially with your family in the car. Even with tubeless tires, the car can go out of control very easily.
Not preaching, just out of concern for safe driving. Please don't take otherwise.
Old 21st January 2012, 05:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Quite a drive!
Which route from Raipur to Korba - not via Bilaspur? Road looks great, but only Hindi signboards?
How were facilities on the Raipur-Korba road?
Where did you stay in Raipur?
Yeah quiet a drive, I was wondering about RPR-KORBA route question, until i opened the map and it does not mention Bilaspur at all (Thought it would have been obvious in the map). Anyways yes it was ROR-Bilaspur-Katghora-Korba.

Decent felicities if one is looking for eat out places, Bilaspur is a major town and the full drive is ~4hrs so we did not stop for mean or anything except water.

Raipur is my in-laws place and my nanihal. We stayed at home .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
I always wanted to go visit my native place which I had left over 20 years ago,

-From another avid reader of Phantom comics. Long live the Ghost Who Walks. BTW, haven't read those in a while now, but are we still on the 22nd generation or have Kit and Heloise grown up?
Yeah, Korba was one place where as a child i have done many mischief hence its very close to my heart. I have fond memories of everything in this town, including dad. When we left Korba i was already grown up to start worrying about money/career etc and hence never felt so nostalgic about Jabalpur (Where we moved later).

Not sure where they are with the Kit and Heloise, the last i bought for reading to my daughter at night had the same generation. Might order the bigger one later (The full album) to see if the story has moved .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Not preaching, just out of concern for safe driving. Please don't take otherwise.
Point taken, will be careful and dont think we will touch such speeds anymore. Thanks
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 19:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a fantastic break-in drive for your Civic. Congratulations! 1400 km in one day is impressive.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 00:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent drive. Now a days if one has to travel ~1500 Kms one way, sure there is option for self drive. At many place self driven car is faster than train and way economical than air. Roads have improved a lot in India with GQ and EW, NS corridor, driving through all these roads are very easy and safe option.

Still, at my hometown, people do not believe that I can cover 1200Kms+ in single day in car. I was talking to one of my friend about my day travel to Bangalore - Nagpur also Mumbai - Bangalore. He simply said, you are talking white lie and I cannot believe it. For me there was no method remaining to convince him and I gave up.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 05:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Seems like a fantastic break-in drive for your Civic. Congratulations! 1400 km in one day is impressive.
Thanks Nilanjan for stopping by. Yeah this was most challenging and interesting at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Excellent drive.
Still, at my hometown, people do not believe that I can cover 1200Kms+ in single day in car.
Thanks Anuj, yeah you will be able to find such folks everywhere, just ignore them .

In hindsight, i think its good that we did it, but driving like this would be useless if i was going someplace other then home, as it tires you out completely and in all probability it leaves you almost inactive for the next day (or maybe next two days depending on stamina). I knew this but as we were coming back home it was ok.

I am planning next December trip to Jabalpur and Kanha, and might do something similar as we are again going home and can take rest for the whole next day.
Old 29th February 2012, 16:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sometime in June we might end up doing a similar trip again for another marriage in hometown. This time we might club it with Kanha trip as well so as we can get some Jungle experience. I am not sure if June is a good time to spot Tigers but nevertheless the place itself is an experience hence plans might get finalized sometime in May.

Anyone has taken their Civic in these areas?
Old 7th June 2012, 12:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

June has come and while trying to book flight tickets i see it will cost me close to 40K for four. Driving down works out half the cost even after petrol price rise.

Any latest updates on Bangalore - Nagpur? Is the road laying work going on in patches complete, also 100Kms before Nagpur the road conditions had gone really bad, has it improved?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks