Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2006, 16:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Samurai. Just one word. It is spelled - A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!

Really nice write up. And how did you manage to find this place? Please post your forest pics too.
Old 27th March 2006, 12:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Really nice write up. And how did you manage to find this place? Please post your forest pics too.
As usual it was my wife who digged up this place in the Internet. The forest pics were not good enough to be posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Now there's somewhere I'd love to go! Looks beautiful! I think Samurai san should become the official T-BHP Traveler. He's off on a trip every weekend!
Well, I hardly get leave to go on long vacations, therefore I stick to these weekend trips to relax. Surely, it is not every week, barely once a month.
Old 27th March 2006, 13:51   #18
BHPian

kudos to you guys !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
As usual it was my wife who digged up this place in the Internet. The forest pics were not good enough to be posted.

Well, I hardly get leave to go on long vacations, therefore I stick to these weekend trips to relax. Surely, it is not every week, barely once a month.
Hey Samurai..

i myself was near Waynad district for close to 2 yrs and yet never heard of this place...really wonder how ur wife discovered this resort thru net !!!

and with the amount of travelling u do evey week...i think it is time for you to exchange your baleno for an altura really soon...what say ??

~A
Old 27th March 2006, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
i myself was near Waynad district for close to 2 yrs and yet never heard of this place...really wonder how ur wife discovered this resort thru net !!!
This is a place frequented by foreigners - normal local holiday-makers would crib at the lack of facilities and having 'nothing to do'. Thats why the local advertising is non-existent. They manage with a web presence.

There are many such hideouts in Kerala - Philipkuttys Farm is one such place and there are others like Tranquil Heights, Thani Illam, etc. They're all small properties with a non-commercial atmosphere catering to a different sort of tourist. Needless to say, most of them are frequented by foreign tourists looking for an off-the-beaten-track sort of experience.

Vagamon, now ambitiously called the "Scotland of the East" used to be one such place till the resorts started off there. Thankfully they've restricted the number of resorts and kept it exclusive to 'organic' and environment-friendly resorts.

There are also semi-commercial properties like Cicadia Haven in Idukki, which is modelled around the same sort of concept that Cherian Ramapuram used in Orange County.
Old 27th March 2006, 17:10   #20
BHPian

Wonderful trip u seem to have had.
Nice write-up and pics too.

Those in Mumbai dreaming of something similar closer by, could visit this site.
http://www.naturetrailsindia.com/sajantop.htm
http://hotels.samsantravels.com/plac...ajan/sajan.htm
This is a resort where I've been.
Although it is no-where in comparasion to the beauty of the resort Samurai went too. U could give it a try.
It is a little difficult to find and there is no cage to take u up the hut, just a ramp.
Actually it is not really a hut on top of trees, but rather built on stilts.
Just thought I'll bring it to your notice.
It does have an isolated and serene lake / dam near by.
Old 27th March 2006, 17:13   #21
BHPian

Nice write up dude!! There are more places in kerala to be explored guys.a boat ride from alleppy to kottayam will be a good experience...Next time dont regret to call mallu bhpians in need of any help out here in kerala..
Old 27th March 2006, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yup! ... Its interesting how many such nice "tucked-Away" places exist in Kerala! Some of them are very esoterically priced!!
Old 27th March 2006, 20:18   #23
BANNED

Hey,

Excellent writeup and lovely snaps. Would sure like to go there at least once.

Viper
Old 27th March 2006, 20:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

samurai ...how much are the prices for the tree houses/cottages ...sorry i coudnt find it in 2 pages as well as there websites ..
how is food ..do we get veg food ...how are the rates ??
Old 28th March 2006, 12:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
samurai ...how much are the prices for the tree houses/cottages ...sorry i coudnt find it in 2 pages as well as there websites ..
how is food ..do we get veg food ...how are the rates ??
The price was quite steep, it was Rs.8000 per night including all meals and jeep transfer. I was initially not willing looking at the price, but then the unique treehouse experience was too much to resist.

The food is primarily veg, with a non-veg side dish if required.
Old 28th March 2006, 17:43   #26
BHPian

samurai, got smitten by the place, planning to go next month...
Old 30th March 2006, 21:04   #27

Samurai -- Nice writeup. Sure brings back fond memories of my stay in calicut. I used to travel frequently to bangalore (through wayanaad) in my baleno. There are places in wayanaad worth visiting like chembra peak, pookkode lake, soochipara falls, thirunelli temple, and edakkal caves.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:02   #28
BHPian

we are planning to do chennai-wayanad trip this weekend. Enroute to wayand we are planning to stay overnight between bangalore and mysore.. preferably around 50kms from bangalore.. where to stay??? any contact numbers...

help
Old 13th June 2006, 11:31   #29
Team-BHP Support

There is a nice resort right at the turn towards KRS at srirangapattana. Very close to KRS, Ranganatittu and Tipu's place. It is a river side property. Don't have phone numbers.

Last edited by Samurai : 7th December 2020 at 10:27.
Old 13th June 2006, 11:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice write-up Samurai and awesome photos (especially the first few forest snaps).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks