Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 10:03   #61
BHPian

Re: Humbly & Totally Tadoba-ed

Ranjit, beautiful travelogue, loved the writeup.
Tadoba is due for me for too long and I wish to do this year.
Liked the resort you stayed in, will refer to this when plan matures.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 5th July 2013 at 10:28.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Ranjit, beautiful travelogue, loved the writeup.
Tadoba is due for me for too long and I wish to do this year.
Liked the resort you stayed in, will refer to this when plan matures.
Thanks.Tadoba is teeming with wildlife and post rains it is going to be a wonderful sight.A new resort has opened up which is better,you could check that out as well http://iraisafariretreat.com
Old 5th July 2013, 20:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks.Tadoba is teeming with wildlife and post rains it is going to be a wonderful sight.A new resort has opened up which is better,you could check that out as well http://iraisafariretreat.com
Rather expensive. As long as there is an ac I personally couldn't care much about other facilities, if the safaris are taken care off. Perhaps MTDC would be the best bang for the buck?
Old 5th July 2013, 23:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Rather expensive. As long as there is an ac I personally couldn't care much about other facilities, if the safaris are taken care off. Perhaps MTDC would be the best bang for the buck?
I have no clue if the mtdc eco huts and other mtdc accomodation is bang for the buck,but yes they are definitely inexpensive.Irai is on par with Svasara,people who are considering svasara can consider irai as well,the latter is far superior.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

I have no clue if the mtdc eco huts and other mtdc accomodation is bang for the buck,but yes they are definitely inexpensive.Irai is on par with Svasara,people who are considering svasara can consider irai as well,the latter is far superior.
Well we did stay in MTDC in this trip it is ok kind of place. Not bad really - just don't go by outer look. AC runs and rooms also have TV and most of the time you spend in safari. So is ok.

watch out for my Tadoba update. I will resume it after completing R'bhore thread. Have some interesting narrative to share on MTDC
Old 26th March 2014, 14:46   #66
BHPian

Bump!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Well we did stay in MTDC in this trip it is ok kind of place. Not bad really - just don't go by outer look. AC runs and rooms also have TV and most of the time you spend in safari. So is ok.

watch out for my Tadoba update. I will resume it after completing R'bhore thread. Have some interesting narrative to share on MTDC
Am on the look-out for a good getaway in the first week of June for me, wifey and my infant daughter. I have 4 days at my disposal and am looking at places which are less than 14 hrs drive from Hyderabad. I had initally thought of Horsley hills but fellow BHPians advised against it as there seems to be an issue with drunk stags during weekends. Araku is done and dusted and so am on the look out for good places. Chanced upon this thread and it instantly caught my attention. Some questions.

1) Any news on the present road condition. Which route to take? since Karimnagar route is also quite good now.
2) Good accomodation. Any update on the MTDC accomodation. How good is it?
3) How is the weatehr there in June. I am basically looking at mild weather and we also want some wildlife thrown around for this trip (another reason Araku was ruled out).

Pls help guys.
Old 26th March 2014, 18:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
I have 4 days at my disposal and am looking at places which are less than 14 hrs drive from Hyderabad.
Tadoba is just a 7-8hr drive

Quote:
I had initally thought of Horsley hills but fellow BHPians advised against it as there seems to be an issue with drunk stags during weekends.
Horsley is not worth a trip imo!

Quote:
1) Any news on the present road condition. Which route to take? since Karimnagar route is also quite good now.
Roads are all good.I dont know if the Chandrapur Karimnagar stretch has been done up.Its always bad that section.If your destination is Kolara gate then then Chandranagar route makes no sense as you would have to drive close to 3hrs to reach the Kolara gate from Chandrapur.

Quote:
MTDC is just basic no frills accomodation,if you thats the one you have in mind then its bang for a buck.book via the mtdc website.

Quote:
3) How is the weather there in June. I am basically looking at mild weather and we also want some wildlife thrown around for this trip (another reason Araku was ruled out).
It depends on the monsoons.If the monsoons start by then,it would be heavy rains,else it should be quite warm.Summers temp reached arnd 46 last year.But then the best time to sight tigers and other wildlife is also the summers.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 14:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:

3) How is the weatehr there in June. I am basically looking at mild weather and we also want some wildlife thrown around for this trip (another reason Araku was ruled out).

Pls help guys.
MTDC is not a fancy accomodation - and in my view - if only suitable if you are a wildlife buff. If you are looking at it from a vacations point of view - go for Svasara, it is expensive but i liked it.

Weather in June is dicey with rains in the later part of June - it was very rainy last June when we were there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks