Team-BHP - Pics & Video : A Team-BHP Moderator Weekend @ Pawna (MH)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Pics & Video : A Team-BHP Moderator Weekend @ Pawna (MH) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/117423-pics-video-team-bhp-moderator-weekend-pawna-mh-3.html)

well, it was a mad weekend

Friday, running around getting some paperwork down, buying stocks, packing - headless chicken mode. I was apprehensive since Jaggu painted a bleak picture about the journey and I (the grumpy old car snob) was wondering whether the little Figo will wear me down.

Jump into car and am about to point towards Viddy's house when I am told that I need to make a detour to Indiranagar to pick up Suhaas. Go there and I need to convince his mother about who we are. Get to Viddy's house and we take off 45 min behind schedule. We get delayed on the NICE road toll and again in Peenya when we miss the bypass toll.

Am in the back seat till Davanagere but short backrest apart, I am amazed how smooth and stable the Figo is. We stop in Davanagere for a Dosa and I take the front seat and find it quite comfortable. Reach Belgaum at 10.30 and get a dinner in before we sleep.

Old Man has been keeping tabs on us and advises us that we should be around Pune by 4.00pm We calculate backwards and decide to leave around 10.30 am. We sleep leisurely although Suhaas sees spiders and slugs in his dreams! After a hearty breakfast, I drive up till Kohlapur. I find the Figo's highway manners impeccable but Viddy finds my turbo style driving despicable! We stop for overpriced, under par coffer and Viddy torques through to Pune. Noopster advises us on eateries on the way.

We then establish contact with Rush when on the Pune expressway and find we are 10 min from each other. The glint of the old man's car navigates us there. Next to it is the Scorpio and some unidentified german rip-off (it had no logo) but it looked, sounded and went like a BMW 3

Got back on the expressway and ended up on some rough roads but then Pawna appeared, we then drive into the house. We were mesmerised!! Next minute, our baggage was in our rooms and we then plunged into the pool. Noopster appeared a little later.

We then had a discussion about forthcoming evolutions about BHP and then it was time for an excellent Pav Bhaji. Noopster sang for his supper. Was up till 1.00 am and then it was the cold and the journey that hit me.

8.00am - was up, about to hit the pool when Rush told us that morning was fast paced. We then drove to Pawna in the Scorpio and cruised around the lake in the Verna. After a round of tea, we get a call that the paragliding will be nearby so we hit the pool and then a quick lunch. Us Bangalore boys also pack since we plan to head out after the paragliding!

Arter a bit of a wild goose chase and graffitti practice on Rudra's car, we land up on top of the hill. We observe penance and bake ourselves in the heat to appease the wind gods but it was all for nothing. We decide when in trouble, hit the pool. Viddy and I decide that we will leave around 5.30. I have booked two hotels in Kolhapur and Belgaum and we will decide at 10.00 pm where we will hunker down. Things worked out well since we were relaxed and alert. We coped with the Pune traffic and Viddy surprised a Skoda Laura 140 on the Kamhati Ghat. With the exception of a diesel top up, we reached Kolhapur at 10.30, had dinner and indulged in a Baskin Robbins~

We left at 8.00am and were in Belgaum at 10.00 where we refueled the Figo (known quality retailer). I took the wheel at 10.30 and we were passing Tumkur at 3.30. The Figo cruised at 120 most of the way. We stopped for a bite in Tumkur at a cafe day (I dont know if they are in the coffee business or sugar business). Reached Sarjapur by 4.30

A great drive and a great weekend. the logic of a 3 day drive for a one day meet adds up!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 2716166)
Boss, pics here are from everybody. I didn't go there to shoot as you know.

I know everyone contributed to the pictures but, some of those pictures are distinctly yours and even if its clicked un-professionally will leave most gasping:D

Nice travelogue for mods group and hope many new refreshing updates are on the way.

By the way Is Pawna dam is not deep enough? I can see no one wearing life jackets while enjoying motorboat ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2716191)

Edit : Whose Scorpio was it?

-------------------------------------------------------
I too would go for a SuperBike sub section under Motorbikes.

Scorpio belonged to the Supercar dude Manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2716481)
By the way Is Pawna dam is not deep enough? I can see no one wearing life jackets while enjoying motorboat ride.

All of know how to swim and besides it was no speedboat.

awesome place and location! and I am really impressed by the video! nice editing and that song... man... perfect! never heard this version of country roads! where can I get it? good job rehaan... looks like a pro work!

Edit: found the song: Pretty Lights - Country Roads (Remix) [2011 Remixes] (John Denver) :D

And!!!! Welcome to travelogues GTO!! :)
Awesome location and a perfect weekend. I'm sure you guys had a blast.
The pool is to die for. Awesome!!

Sorry for nitpicking but I want to request the mods to kindly remove the pics where you're smoking.please:

Thanks GTO for this awesome travelogue and pictures. Very Nice place.:)

Any guidelines for nearest place to stay or any hotels nearby? Would love to visit some day. Also, would like a route map.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!

Finally get to see the faces behind the names (akin to the moment from 'The Matrix' where Neo/Morpheus/Trinity are revealed) :) good to see The Team behind all this bhp.

Boy! What a treat it is to watch the pics! excellent clarity and good compositions too (kudos to the all the lensmen)

Acoustic strings/ shutterbugs/ Pools/ Intoxicants and add to that CAR TALKS all around? All the right ingredients for the "IT" life.

Nothing 'moderate' then about moderator meet i guess..

HATE! that is all I have to say, I am green (the darkest type) looking at this! The next time you guys do it without me you are all dead meat! he..he..(how does this sound hollywood style?).

Great place and guys! So what's coming in the future? Can we get some spy shots!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2716044)
what is mr flying spur doing there

Well, Flying Spur is a Moderator, currently on a sabbatical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 2716222)
Rush if I were you, I would work from that pool ONLY !

Where I work from, the view ain't too bad either :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by A M (Post 2716724)
I want to request the mods to kindly remove the pics where you're smoking

Smoking isn't against the Team-BHP rules :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joy (Post 2717525)
Any guidelines for nearest place to stay or any hotels nearby?

There is a brand-new Club Mahindra right across from where we were staying. I guess it's the only decent option in Pawna.

Posting a week late. Still in a bit of denial that such an awesome place exists, I guess! :D

I as the last to arrive at the house, since I had a family thing to finish in the afternoon. Took the old highway route and turned off from Kamshet, as the Pune gang that had driven to Pawana just weeks ago had advised. The road from Kamshet to Pawananagar is awesome! A little ghat section with nice twisties, no traffic to speak of and in the dying dusk it was a solo ride to remember.

Old man Rudra was on the horn anxious that I should not lose my way- also keen to remind all and sundry that his Airtel from Bangalore was the only one with full coverage at the bungalow! He and GTO drove up to Pawananagar town to pick me up. I was impatient to join the festivities and the 20 minute wait was a drag. Plus I was attracting all kinds of attention since everyone was closing shop for the day and my city attire and flashing hazards were conspicuously out of place in that little hick town. But they arrived soon enough, hugs were exchanged, and soon I was at the party pad.

I could hear the others before I saw them, notably Manson lol: I was ordered by GTO to change to swimwear and take the mandatory dip in the pool. It was COLD and I am not the most enthusiastic swimmer at the best of times. Someone switched on the lights in the infinity pool (that's right IN the pool!) and the choice got a lot simpler. Manned up and dived right in. Then stayed in the pool for most of my short stay there!

I had met everyone except Viddy and suhaas before so it was like catching up with old friends. We swam and sang and ate and lazed and talked and then talked some more. Viddy pointed out that they'd driven close to 3 days to spend the one day at the house. But it was so totally worth it.

One last pic to add to the already wonderful collection posted so far. I call this "One last look back"

Pics & Video : A Team-BHP Moderator Weekend @ Pawna (MH)-22.one-last-look-back.jpg

Hi Team,
Looks like you guys had great fun there, the pool and the view from the pool is really spectacular..
Waiting to see what's coming next in Team-BHP!

Please pardon me if this has been discussed and dropped ... I am curious to know if there are some thoughts on making Team BHP stickers for Bikes only ? :)

-Srikrishna

As i stated before, no-one would ever want to leave the company and the place. The RVM picture is nostalgic!

That said, its a great travelogue coupled with wonderful pictures. Really enjoyed reading!

Good to know that you guys had loads of fun instead of policing us. That's a pretty nice place to be in.

Which was the underwater camera and what was the protection used? Thanks.