Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 23:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded

I am starting this new thread in which I am covering my pilgrimage to our holy Gurudwara Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib at Nanded.

Actually I had planned to visit Gurudwara Sri Hazur Sahib and Gurudwara Nanak Jhira locted at Bidar in Karnatak state. But due to bad and worse condition of roads from Nanded to Bidar I cancelled my plan to Bidar.This information was given to me by many people in Nanded itself.
Gurudwara Sri Hazur Sahib is dedicated to our tenth guru Sri Guru Govind Singh Ji,who left for his heavenly abode here in this city.
Here there is a huge Gurudwara constructed with more then thousand rooms with AC and fully furnished beds, fancy lights,bathrooms with hot and cold water,beds with blankets,etc etc. Full complex of Gurudwara as well as accomodation blocks are backed by full load D.G.Sets.
Gurudwar complex is very huge and each every corner is having Marble flooring with water fountains,colour lights,full complex is well illuminated,
There is a laser show in the evening also.
The rooms with full all facilities are not given to pilgrims FREE,but a nominal charge of rs.450/- for A.C. Room with 6 beds are charged.Rooms are as good as a good 3 star hotel.
Photography inside the gurudwara is not allowed , in the evening ,but I managed to click some in the Gurudwara.
I started from Mumbai in my Alto K10,at 5 AM.First halt was at expressway toll and food plaza.After this halt and top up of petrol which is at a cost of Rs.68.80 per ltr.My second halt was at Second toll plaza ,I was told to take first lane and go to Chakan and Nagar Road lane.
Then started my drive on the Chakan nagar Road which you may call it as mini Expressway.Road is as smooth as glass.
We drove till Aurangabad ,reaching at 1.30 PM.
We had planned to stay at Aurangabad for the night.
In the evening I and my family went out to see Bibi ka Makbara, which is a replica of Taj Mahal at Agra.
We also saw the Panchakki which is a grinding mill driven by constant flow of water which drives a impeller and the grinding stones.
We left Aurangabad at 7.AM and proceeded towards Jalna,Parbhani,Jintoor
The problem started after Jalna, then came end of smooth road and patch work type road started.
This type of road increased our travel time frame to cover 300kms by almost 4 hrs.
On the way we stopped for a sugarcane juice, but the extraction was done by a unique method.A bullock was made to go in circular path and with this were moving two wooden round blocks,Ihope the pictures will tell the truth.
Coming back to Gurudwara we saw that at night it was a total different feel.There was the closed glass walled truck which was used to travel all over India to celebrate Gurtagaddi,and 300 yrs of sikhism.
We slept tight at night ,so that we can start a very early morning drive back to mumbai directly and covering the distance of 689kms.
We reached home at 7 PM ,coveing total of 1468kms.
Car was travelling at various speeds like 60-80,100-110kms/hr.
Igot a very good F.C. of 24kms/ltr with AC,and 29.13kms/ltr without AC.
Kindly enjoy the photos, I am sorry for posting poor quality photos as I had forgotten totake my camera along,these are the results of my cell phone camera.
I shall post remaing photos in my next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-091.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-090.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-088.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-087.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-086.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-085.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-083.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-084.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-082.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-081.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-080.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-077.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-074.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-071.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-069.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-o-066.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-133.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-132.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-127.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-126.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-122.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-120.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-119.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-117.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-114.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-113.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-112.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-111.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-109.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-106.jpg  

IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 10:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji Nanded.

oye sirji,
you went to Nanded, i have not seen any post regarding your trip in route query section or do i missed something?

Right now, best route to Nanded is via pune-indapur-barshi-latur.

Regarding Bidar route.. You can go to bidar from nanded via two route one via Ahmadpur, another via Deglur. Nanded-a'pur-udgir-bidar is good road except some niggles at karnataka border.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 17:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded

Hi, every one here I am posting another set of photographs. I had about more then 80 photos but I sorted them and posted the same. Ashish ji, Bidar roads were very bad as every one said in Nanded, and secondly I was worried about Karnataka state traffic police.I was carrying only photocopies of my car documents.Maybe next time I may go to Bidar first then to Nanded. Rubb Rakhaa.....
Attached Thumbnails
Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-127.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-058.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-060.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-088.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-063.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-116.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-117.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-119.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-122.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-065.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-126.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-102.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-103.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-100.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-113.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-112.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-111.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-106.jpg  

Yatra Sri Hazur Sahib Ji @ Nanded-h-104.jpg  

Old 7th April 2012, 20:30   #4
BHPian

Iqbal Veerji there was a time when I was seriously thinking of converting to Sikhism at
Nanded Gurudwara.

Regrets due to many pressures I could not !!

Now I am an atheist!!

Excellent write up and great pictures.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 21:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Iqbal Veerji there was a time when I was seriously thinking of converting to Sikhism at
Nanded Gurudwara.

Regrets due to many pressures I could not !!

Now I am an atheist!!

Excellent write up and great pictures.
Nandu ji, thanks a million, Nanded I visited last was in 1990. It was a visit to pay my respects to my fast freind who had his parental home in Nanded.
He was non other then Police Sub Inspector Lakhmer Singh of Mumbai Traffic Police, he was shot dead in december 1990 by sikh terrorists in Ghatkoper. He was trying to follow these terrorists on his Bullet m/cycle when they killed him on the spot.
Nanded Gurudwara was not that as it is today, it was very modest.Pilgrims rooms were very few and were very very modest.
I could see drastic change in the city itself. But the pollution level is not improved,Traffic regulations are not followed.
Sikhs of Nanded are Dakhni Sikhs, they speak hindi, marathi and very rarely speak PUNJABI. The gents can be identified by proper turban, beard, and all 5 K's . the ladies wear saris and very few wear Salwar kameez as punjabis wear.Both put a tikka on their foreheads,which punjab sikhs dont.Even the prayers in the gurudwara is different then those in Goldentemple Amritsar.I would not go into details .Pls bear with me.To know more about Dakhni Sikhs you may visit web sites by search on google.Rubb Rakhaa.....
Old 8th April 2012, 08:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dear Iqbal Veerji,

It was a good write up and photologue of Nanded and the surrounds.

Nanded, once a small town once has grown like most Indian cities. Yes the Sikh's there and in some parts of Hyderabad do not speak Punjabi but the local languages.

Nanded, like Aurangabad was once part of the Nizam (Hyderabad) state until 1947, there is a mixed cultural influence. Though your phone camera managed some good shots, one should be armed with the right gear.

Loved the serenity at the Gurudwara and the Bibi ka Maqbara.
Hope to pay my respects at the Harmandir Sahab...someday.

Wahe Guru di fateh
Wahe Guru di kripa.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:06   #7
BHPian

Hazursahib Gurudwara is serene and blissful. Sacred place to visit for anyone who wants to know part of the glorious history of Sikhs and guru gobind singhji.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks