Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 12:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Cool Kolavara !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
I am shocked by such coincidence. In order to avoid such shocks, below are the three trips i visited recentely.
April 2012.
I have been to Valparai yesterday. I did not take homestay and preferred a budget option to stay. Travelogue will be coming in the next couple of weeks.
Valparai is a place worth visiting. It was simply stunning. To fully experience the surroundings of Valparai, one would need atleast 3 full days at this place.

March 2012.
Apart from this, I have been to Munnar Last month and stayed at Aranyaka Homestays( The same place where I stayed 1.5 years back). It is a bit expensive (Around 4500 Rs for a cottage which can take 4 people ( 2 bedrooms). However, if one visits this place during rainy or winter season, I will recommend this place. My travelogue to Munnar which I have been in Oct 2010. But in March 2011, munnar was dry and sunny and it is not worth visiting.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...r-vagamon.html

Feb 2012
My travelogue through the jungles of Maredumilli
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...raksharam.html
Thanks Himavanth :

Yes sir, we did Munnar also. Had checked out Aranyaka, but my uncle offered his Sterling Membership. So had a free & wonderful 3 day stay at Sterling Resorts, Chinnakanal during December 2010.

Now, need to follow you to Valparai. Kindly share the budget accomodation details. This is one destination which is on my mind as also Wayanad. Will try to do this by this year end. Will PM you for more details when i decide on the dates.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Planning to visit Kolavara HomeStay during the 3rd week of October. I have sent them a request for booking and also mentioned that I am from team BHP. Do they offer any discounts?

Back to the topic. Is October the right time to visit this place? I will be travelling with my wife and 15 months old son. This trip is mainly to provide some much needed break from the routine stuff to wifey. Also, i dont plan to do too many things around the homestay and would just be lazing around, so is it this place good for that? The plan is to visit Belur on my return to Bangalore.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

I dont think they offer any discounts. Yes. October is the right time to be there. You can either chill out or explore the area around. If you want to explore please take a look at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ve-malnad.html

You can pick and choose the schedule. Even if you chill out, you should not miss out Kundadri, Kuppalli which are very close-by.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 21:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bookings confirmed at Kolavara from Oct 24th to 26th. Planning to leave early morning from Marathalli Bangalore, but with a young one around, I dont think i would be able to leave before 8am. Please suggest the best route possible.

Any other TBHP member visiting kolavara at the same time??
Old 12th October 2012, 20:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Bookings confirmed at Kolavara from Oct 24th to 26th. Planning to leave early morning from Marathalli Bangalore, but with a young one around, I dont think i would be able to leave before 8am. Please suggest the best route possible.

Any other TBHP member visiting kolavara at the same time??
Dass,

I would recommend you to go via Tumkur - Chitradurga - Shimoga - Tirthahalli - Kolavara. The road condition is excellent compared to tumkur - Arsikere - Tarikere route. If you are leaving at 8, you can have BF at Kamat before tumkur.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 20:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Dass,

I would recommend you to go via Tumkur - Chitradurga - Shimoga - Tirthahalli - Kolavara. The road condition is excellent compared to tumkur - Arsikere - Tarikere route. If you are leaving at 8, you can have BF at Kamat before tumkur.
Thank you Fauji sir... I will surely take this route suggested by you. How about the return leg, I do want to cover Belur before coming to Bangalore, please suggest a good scenic route. With the small kid around, it would surely be sedate driving, so time is of no constraint for me.
Old 15th October 2012, 21:30   #22
BHPian

@dass :

Sorry, had not logged into T-bhp for some time due to work committments. No, i don't think they offer any discounts to T-bhp members.

Kolavara is a nice place to unwind with family. You don't have much to see around, but the place itself is calm and serene to relax.

The road upto the turnoff after Thirthahalli is good and after the turnoff it is a single lane road which is in average condition.

Have a nice and pleasant trip and don't forget to put up the travelogue. we will be reminded of our good 3 days stay at Kolavara.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 17:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Kolavara from 24th to 26th Oct. Wil post a detailed TL after few days, its been a little crazy at work due to 'SANDY'

This is a beautiful place and a must visit. I just cannot stop remembering the stay there. The food is AWESOME, no other word describes it any better. And the hosts, both Vathsalya and Nishcal are truly friendly and will make you feel as comfortable as you would feel at your own home. I can vouch for that as with a little kid, I did not face any issues as they were always around to take care of the requirements.

Thank you to all those who recommended this place...I now have it on my must visit every year list.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:41   #24
BHPian

From the reviews, logs and photographs, it really looks a nice place to unwind over an extended weekend for we Hyderabadi's.

Anyone who has been there recently, can tell us the cost for a night's stay with a kid.
Old 31st December 2012, 15:02   #25
BHPian

Kolavara Heritage is a great place. We visited in August this year along with Jog falls. Nice hosts, do not intrude in your privacy. The house is awesome and so is the food. Nature has blessed the place. If you are into birds and butterflies, you will find two nights stay a very short one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks