Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 10:15   #16
BANNED

Re: Kudremukh Peak Trekking

I was traveling via Belthangadi to kundapura when I came across a gate leading into the kudremukh park. I was with my kid who usually hates my off road excursions.
So anyway I drove straight inside. Villagers were giving me odd looks. I attributed that to my shiny OHC. I drove in about 5 km deep into the jungle.

Roads were quite bad since they had not been used since god knows when. And extremely narrow with thorny bushes both sides.

Anyway we spent half an hour amidst some of the most peaceful and beautiful mountains. Misty white clouds were blowing across our faces. It was almost like the movie 1942 a love story. At any moment I expected to see Manisha Koirala in a billowing duppatta.

I drove back and stopped for tea and cig. (my only vices) just outside the gate. Then the rustics tell me, "Saar, this place is full of naxals."
I was like, " Really? I didn't see anyone."

I quickly finished my tea and hightailed it to Kundapur.

I extracted a promise from my kid not to mention this off road trip to her mom. It lasted exactly 2 minutes under intense questioning from my wife. I couldn't explain away the scratched car body.

Last edited by hangover : 7th September 2016 at 10:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks