Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2020, 08:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Matheran in Monsoon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
It's quite safe to park your car near Dasturi naka. However off late there were a few car burglary cases.
Thanks for your valuable tips.

Going by train is the last resort and we are more inclined to go by our own car, that's why the concern regarding parking. Any idea about the parking charges and is it govt. controlled or managed by some private contractor?
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 09:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Any idea about the parking charges and is it govt. controlled or managed by some private contractor?

Check this Tbhp thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...rk-thread.html (The "Where do I Park" Thread)

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 18th January 2020 at 09:36.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Hi

Me and my friends are planning to go to Matheran during the coming week. What are the car parking charges and is it safe to park the car there?

Any recommendations for good hotels?
Divadkar hotel is old and famous , Rangoli is also good and just opposite station.

Not sure about parking charges, should be around 100/50rs per day.I have personally never faced any issues , but its good not to keep anything inside car which is visible to thieves ( As you would do in any other place ).

Problem with parking in dasturi is there is no demarcated parking, its very haphazard. Try not to park too far from entry point so that car doesn't stay in isolated parking area.

Do take you car to Matheran, since roads have improved tremendously and you will really enjoy the Ghat drive.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed