Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 19:26   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: The JetŪ learns to make cheese: A farmstay experience in the Nilgiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Karthik,

We just drove around that region last month (Nov). Putting a few snaps with your permission. Hope you don't mind!
Since you mentioned about the beauty of NH209 and Sathyamanglam, I just could not contain myself any more.

Here it goes....
So all in all it was a beautiful day where we did 500km PLUS all the snapping ! It was always : halt; burst mode snapping,
get inside the vehicle (as it started raining), progress further and the repeat the whole process !
Fantastic stuff ampere! Please bring out more of these pics. Simply wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Nice travelogue. Thanks for sharing.
I had been to this place late May this year. Indian Gaur's used to visit the pond every day for water while we were there.
Acres Wild is a very calm and quite place, away from tourist infested Ooty if I could say that way, kind of back to roots type.
Typically in a home stay you would see lost of cost cutting on the general ambiance, whether it is the furniture, kitchen or the rooms itself. But Acres Wild was an exception in every sense, highly recommended place.
Thanks RSimonS, I agree with you. I expected it to be quite noisy, etc but was pleasantly surprised to see it is so laid back and quiet. The only disturbance was some loud bhajans being played out in that town on the adjacent hill. Again, that was for just 15-20 minutes in the mornings so it was quiet at every other time. Very nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Well, i got to admit, you people down south really have some very beautiful countryside and amazing offroading trails. Here up north we do have the himalayas but either they are very big(intimidating), or it is the offroading culture that's missing, barely anybody go offroading here, no trails, nothing. Am jealous of you people living in southern India.
we lust at those Himalayas every time and keep wishing we get enough leave at 1 stretch to be able to plan a road trip up there, and here you are envying us. A classic case of 'grass is greener on the other side' eh??

Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Karthik ,,wow that was quite a travelouge,, thanks for the info about the eatery at chamarajnagar, we had done a trip in last may through this stretch , we went to bannari, mettupalyam kotagiri and then conoor. On our return too we took the kotagiri route which is slightly longer but very litle traffic and amazing roads.

The property acres wild seems wonderful from your description,, thanks once again.

Wont you be getting a mileage of around 18 or so in the linea.
Thanks majumon for the wishes. Glad you liked reading through it.
18 in a turbo petrol? not at all possible in the ghats *lol* with a heavy foot. The overall figure for the trip was somewhere around 14 with A/C on throughout. It dropped to 12 due to the 1 hour snail pace traffic after reaching Bangalore city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Karthik for the wonderful travelogue. Have bookmarked this thread as a possible holiday destination during my next home visit
thanks a lot vb-san. Their website is super-informative, but just in case you have any more queries regarding the place, feel free to PM me in case I can be of any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
KarthikK,

My wife and I spent 1 hour last evening going through the entire travelogue. Liked the narration and pictures very much. In filmy style - awesome screenplay, narration and script.

Now, we know where to stay when we go to Ooty. Thanks for sharing.

Kanth
thanks a lot BusyBoyKK. Glad to know you enjoyed the travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Karthik,
Fantastic Trip Writeup that you have written. Apparently it appears that you have taken the Kalghatti Hill Climb, come on mate that's the road a petrol head should take unlike the other route. Your blog is tempting me to do one myself; how was the roads though? Were they good enough for a SBK?
Thanks Mahesh sir. Kalhatti road was scenic no doubt, but the Bandipur - Masinagudi road is in horrible condition. I don't know how it is for a superbike's rear suspension to take this beating, but I can easily assure you that the vehicle cannot touch 40 kmph *lol*. The roads were that bad. Until they repair this stretch, I wouldn't advise this shortcut for now, at all.

Quote:
What do you do to keep the car shining like that all the time"? Sajan and you...both make me bonkers over your cars
Nothing at all. Just some Jopasu duster action, and a monthly visit to 3M car care. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile
Very nice photos Karthik! All your photography skills on display here!
I think everyone of us should make it a point to visit 'desi' beautiful places and encourage others to do so instead of salivating over 'countryside' in Europe.

Well deserved 5 stars.
thanks kkstile. totally agree with you on visting these relatively unknown yet beautiful places right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Karthik, Fantastic TL as usual!! Its always a pleasure watching your Jet.

For the very same reason, you took the cliche'd route while going . Lack of knowledge regarding the route. But I think it should be kept as a secret to avoid transferring the traffic from the cliche'd route to NH-209
Hehe you got me there.
Quote:
I simply love the NH-209. Once while going to Bandipur, I took the Mysore road and was completely frustrated with the travel. That's when I started looking out for alternatives. And came upon NH-209 on this very forum. Since then I have travelled twice on this stretch, once to Ooty and next time to Wayanad. In fact, I would take this route even if I am travelling to Mysore, Malavalli-Bannur-Mysore. And both times we have stopped at Nijaguna Residency, for breakfast while going and lunch while coming back. Excellent food, I must say. In fact, we love the Veg Biryani so much that we pack one extra on our way back to have for dinner at home.
Totally agree with you, I will start cultivating your habit of using this road for all south / south-west travels. Nijaguna residency was a very nice place and located conveniently at halfway point to Wayanad/ooty/CBE, a huge boon for Nh-209 travellers isn't it? I only wish they maintain the quality of food over time.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 19:47   #32
BHPian

oops Karthik , sorry I had mistook it for a diesel,, cheers maju
majumon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 10:26   #33
MYB
BHPian

Awesome pictures! Amazingly captured and processed. Yet to read the narration but the pictures do so much talking that I am itching to finally go here with family. Its been on the table for quite some time now. Talking about the pictures again, you made that Linea look amazingly sweet! Nice capture angles. Keep it rolling. Rated the post 4 stars. Cheers!
MYB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 17:16   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYB View Post
Awesome pictures! Amazingly captured and processed. Yet to read the narration but the pictures do so much talking that I am itching to finally go here with family. Its been on the table for quite some time now. Talking about the pictures again, you made that Linea look amazingly sweet! Nice capture angles. Keep it rolling. Rated the post 4 stars. Cheers!
Thanks a lot MYB! It is a really nice place to go with family. Quiet, peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of the town.
Old 12th July 2013, 15:43   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Very neatly written. Quite a gripping read, supplemented with ample pictures and videos. Very well done. I specifically like that snap of the sky before the sun rose on the last day.

Beautiful shots by ampere too who chipped in with his shutter skills.

Looking forward to my Ooty outing next weekend.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 18:43   #36
BHPian

Ah! Pics of Coonoor. Stayed there for a year. In Wellington actually, which is where the Golf Course is. Loved the place and Wild Acres cheese was a staple at home, specially the Haloumi!

The thorny plant in question looks like Poison Envy to me. Did anyone try to touch it? Would have known the answer immediately!
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 18:50   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Ah! Pics of Coonoor. Stayed there for a year. In Wellington actually, which is where the Golf Course is. Loved the place and Wild Acres cheese was a staple at home, specially the Haloumi!

The thorny plant in question looks like Poison Envy to me. Did anyone try to touch it? Would have known the answer immediately!
The name you were attempting to capture is actually Poison Ivy. Causes terrible painful rash if one touches it.
Heavenly place is right.
I will always have a soft spot for the Nilgiris as I grew up there.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 20:22   #38
BHPian

Loved those pics karthik. The entire Travelogue makes me feel as if i am myself a part of it. Wonderful narration skills.

Which way do we take for diverting to Nanjangud from Blore-Mysore road. I am always confused on this. Mind clarifying ?
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 09:33   #39
BHPian

Just loved the entire post. waiting for more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Karthik,

We just drove around that region last month (Nov). Putting a few snaps with your permission. Hope you don't mind!
Since you mentioned about the beauty of NH209 and Sathyamanglam, I just could not contain myself any more.
Outstanding pics Ampere
Mysticeyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 10:12   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Outstanding pics Ampere

Thanks @Mysticeyes. That area never ceases to surprise me. Every time I go there, I see it in a different light !
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks