Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:33   #91
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mumbai cheetah goes to greet the Sasan Gir Lion (A Gujarat travelogue)

With all the not-so-good drivers that get spotted with TBHP stickers in the "Bad Drivers" thread, I have always believed that TBHP stickers need to be "earned".

Although I got my set before I got the XUV, the first sticker "Got BHP?" was put on after ~4 months, after I got really comfortable with the vehicle (and the chances of featuring in Bad-Drivers thread went down substantially).

I had decided that if the GJ trip is successful, that would be the "start" of my long-drives. So I have earned the "Live to Drive" only after the successful Gujarat drive.

Here's how Duma looks now:
The Mumbai cheetah goes to greet the Sasan Gir Lion (A Gujarat travelogue)-img00200201212141420.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 22nd December 2012 at 23:37.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:25   #92
BHPian

I got you this evening at IIT signal, around 5:15.

The Mumbai cheetah goes to greet the Sasan Gir Lion (A Gujarat travelogue)-image3154635759.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 18:48   #93
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I got you this evening at IIT signal, around 5:15.

Finally!

Yes, that is indeed my car. Because of 31st, started early from office.

Did you see the traffic jam on the eastern-express - on the opposite side ? Looked like a tempo carrying many sheets of glass collided with something. Anyways.

Thanks sa_kiran for the spotting and sharing the pic!

Have a very happy new year!! Drive safe!
Old 31st December 2012, 18:51   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Finally!

Yes, that is indeed my car. Because of 31st, started early from office.

Did you see the traffic jam on the eastern-express - on the opposite side ? Looked like a tempo carrying many sheets of glass collided with something. Anyways.

Thanks sa_kiran for the spotting and sharing the pic!

Have a very happy new year!! Drive safe!
Yes, saw the jam. I wonder what those idiots who caused the jam contributed to clear the mess. There was a similar accident on the other side, about 2 months ago, at peak time in the morning. People should realize that parking vehicles in the middle of the road and watching accidents causes inconvenience to other road users.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 12:26   #95
BHPian

SDP, great guide to Gujarat. Probably better than what will be provided by even Gujarat tourism
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 15:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Re: 5.5 Sasan Gir - Afternoon safari

More than the lion this is a rare prized catch. Jungle Cat, an elusive & nocturnal animal. It gave a good pose to you. Lucky bloke..!

Quote:

5:15pm -> We spot a wild cat. Its noticeably bigger than domestic cats.
Attachment 1024516

It looks straight at us and gives a nice pose.
Attachment 1024517
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 08:13   #97
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: 5.5 Sasan Gir - Afternoon safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
SDP, great guide to Gujarat. Probably better than what will be provided by even Gujarat tourism
Thanks for the compliment, tachobells!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
More than the lion this is a rare prized catch. Jungle Cat, an elusive & nocturnal animal. It gave a good pose to you. Lucky bloke..!
gd1418, you are the 2nd person who has said that! Even I do believe that, we got lucky that day. The cat was very close to the road and we got a good look at it before it decided to move on. Surprisingly, most of the guides underplay the jungle-cat.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:33   #98
Senior - BHPian

SDP: A wonder ful T log with lovely pictures. You have capture the color, tone and mood of each place including the temperature!! Well thought out and presented. I know it takes a lot of effort and time to organize and write a T log. Thanks for sharing.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 7th January 2013 at 14:35.
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 18:43   #99
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
SDP: A wonder ful T log with lovely pictures. You have capture the color, tone and mood of each place including the temperature!! Well thought out and presented. I know it takes a lot of effort and time to organize and write a T log. Thanks for sharing.

--Ramky
======
Ramky sir, thanks for the kind words.

In fact it is your t-log http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...wed-booty.html which helped me a lot to learn about places like Modhera, Patan and Sidhpur. I remember taking notes from your log. Also I read parts of your log to my parents while giving them information about the places. Without your log, there was 0% chance that we would have looked out for the Salvi family's home in Patan.

So thank you Ramky for all the help! I am going through rest of your travelogues as well. They are a treasure trove of knowledge and would definitely help me in my future trips as well.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 18:55   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ramky sir, thanks for the kind words.

In fact it is your t-log http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...wed-booty.html which helped me a lot to learn about places like Modhera, Patan and Sidhpur. I remember taking notes from your log. Also I read parts of your log to my parents while giving them information about the places. Without your log, there was 0% chance that we would have looked out for the Salvi family's home in Patan.

So thank you Ramky for all the help! I am going through rest of your travelogues as well. They are a treasure trove of knowledge and would definitely help me in my future trips as well.
Very motivating to see you say that my logs were useful! Just tipped my inclination to start another one

You make it looks so simple, while you must have done so much planning and research to delete many places. I think places like Gir are overplayed in Gujarat, what people get to see inside the interpretation center / bus tours are more domesticated ones, the wild ones are seen on the safaris conducted by private organizers!! Places like Narara Marine Park are unique and deserve more time and attention.

In the meantime, there's a shaking minar in Kalapur Railway station, people see it almost daily and ignore it, it's supposed to be another relic. The Heritage walk is highly rated by shutter-bugs, many who are under the spell of camera-witch take this walk to test out photography.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 7th January 2013 at 18:56.
ramkya1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:
With all the not-so-good drivers that get spotted with TBHP stickers in the "Bad Drivers" thread, I have always believed that TBHP stickers need to be "earned".
]
Hi SDP,

Let me tell you firstly that your travelogue was awesome beyond limits. Its because of it that I made my plan to travel to Gujarat. I took all your inputs and planned my trip too close to your plan except hotel reservations.
Thank you so much! I wanted to thank you earlier but I was not a registered member then.
DipakDZireLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:53   #102
BHPian

@SDP. Well Written Travelogue with excellent narration and photographs. Good to see your whole family take part in the trip and enjoy. Gujarat is on my list of places to visit and will use this travelogue as a ready reckoner. If it is possible can you summarize the expenses - apart from the hotels - so as to give anyone planning such a trip a good idea about the costs involved.
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:07   #103
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
Hi SDP,

Let me tell you firstly that your travelogue was awesome beyond limits. Its because of it that I made my plan to travel to Gujarat. I took all your inputs and planned my trip too close to your plan except hotel reservations.
Thank you so much! I wanted to thank you earlier but I was not a registered member then.
Welcome to Team-BHP and thank you for the kind words!
Happy to help!

Please do share pics and experiences from your Gujarat trip. Would love to re-live that magical trip.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 16:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what an excellent travelogue. I was mesmerized! Kept reading this in whatever free time I had in over last few days!

It's time to plan a GJ trip
Your details on travel timings and duration required at each attraction is going to be very helpful for everyone. Usually these details are difficult to get...
ST7677 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hello SDP,

Just read in Gujarati Newspapers today that 700 acres of Laxmi Vilas Palace are worth approx Rs. 5,000 crore today.

Actually there was a property dispute going on between Gaekwad family since last 23 years which was finally settled yesterday.
(Source:
1. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/24629153.cms
2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newrep...te=1&p=3199121)

Though the above link does not provide the details of the property, I read in local Gujarati newspapers that the total list of the property (land, Diamonds, Gold, Silver, Paintings, Artworks, etc) runs almost into 1000 pages. Infact the total valuation of the property of the family is approximated more than Rs. 20,000 crore.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks