Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2015, 21:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drive to Gangtok, Nathu La, Lachung & Yumthang in my XUV500

My apologies for seeing this so late. I salute your spirit. Those who started life in the 70s with a Jawa are a breed apart :-) . Keep traveling and keep posting.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 17:28   #47
BHPian

North-East is one trip which is pending since long with me and my XUV. Right at the top of the wishlist.
Old 9th December 2022, 16:27   #48

Hi,
I am planning to go from Gangtok to Lachung on 31st Dec. and will be driving in my own car. Needed advise from experts on whether it will be okay to drive during that time. Since snow is expected, is it safe to drive? Also any inputs on permits would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th May 2023, 17:39   #49
BHPian

Hello Everyone!

I am planning a trip to Gangtok in June 2023. We plan to take a Zoomcar from Siliguri, and drive on our own.
Can anybody please tell us what is the situation with regards to Permits required for visiting Nathu La.
Also, I heard Tsomogo Lake, Kupup Lake & Zuluk are also worth visiting. Should I add anything else in the itinerary as well. Also, do any of these locations require a permit.
Lastly, are we allowed take a rented (self-drive) to these places?
if anyone has any source who could help with the permits, it will be great.

Thanks in advance...
Old 29th May 2023, 09:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am planning a trip to Gangtok in June 2023. We plan to take a Zoomcar from Siliguri, and drive on our own.
Can anybody please tell us what is the situation with regards to Permits required for visiting Nathu La.
Also, I heard Tsomogo Lake, Kupup Lake & Zuluk are also worth visiting. Should I add anything else in the itinerary as well. Also, do any of these locations require a permit.
Lastly, are we allowed take a rented (self-drive) to these places?
if anyone has any source who could help with the permits, it will be great.

Thanks in advance...
Self drive cars are not allowed in Sikkim, period. You can take your own verhicle but make sure that your id, licence and rc have the same names.

Just completed Bangalore to Sikkim and back in the first half of May. Had to get the permits for North Sikkim. You get the permit for North Sikkim in Gangtok via any tour operator. For Nathu La/Zuluk you need to go physically to 3rd mile checkpost and get the permit (for own vehicle). You can not drive your vehicle to Nathu La. You can go to Baba Mandir and Zuluk though.

It was snowing in North Sikkim in Mid May. We were not able to goto Zero Point as army had blocked the roads due to heavy snow. And I was advised not to venture into Zuluk as the roads were very slippery and it was still snowing
hsprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks