Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 22:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Kaziranga - The pride of Assam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
We too stayed at Wildgrass and I must say I loved their hospitality.
Where else in India, apart from 5 star hotels, do waiters reply "Welcome" when you say "Thank You" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
You only visited the Konhora i.e. the central range? We visited all the 3 ranges and surprisingly I loved the eastern range (Agaratali range, which is ignored by most of the tourists) most, in terms of scenic beauty and also the sighting was very good there.
Thanks for sharing the pics and the log.
Agoratoli range is good for bird watching. Personally even I wanted to visit all 3 ranges but after 2 safaris, everybody was tired. Also we were short on time and had to be back the next day. Hence, it was decided to visit the Kohora range as it contains all types of forest - Grassland as well as dense evergreen type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
How is the encroachment problem there at present?,last time I went,was disgusted to see all those huts and people right inside the park territory.
Encroachment problem is not that much evident. At least not on the paths that tourists take. Most of the huts that you might see actually belong to forest guards and mahouts, etc. On the other hand, one serious problem is poaching that has mounted to alarming proportions. Rhino horns are sold in lacs in Chinese markets and now when Bhutan and Nepal have made poaching harder on their grounds, poachers have turned to these soft targets. According to some reports, 26 Rhinos were killed in 2012 alone and 8 have been killed this year till March so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirupam View Post
The shot of Elephant in the water body is marvelous. You are really lucky to see animals in the afternoon Jeep Safari as the noise of the Machines and crowds often distracts the animals.
Actually shot this one from quite far, from atop the watch tower in the next photo. These are the times when even 800 mm (eqv.) zoom lens seems inadequate.
dutta_d1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks