Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 16:30   #61
BHPian

re: Mystical Borong - A Birder's Paradise

Hello Himadri Da,

I came across your travelogue thanks to Samba's post on BlackPearl's recent travelogue on Borong.

Hats off to you !! Your passion is commendable and the pictures are simply magnificent & mesmerizing. Words are on leave and I can't find them around me to comment. All I would say is "Superb" !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 10:41   #62
BHPian

Your pictures of birds are amazingly soothing for the eyes. Every frame appears to be specially crafted and they are simply of highest calibers! Being a member of Team-BHP is often considered to be a privileged and it's precisely because of the contributions from members like you. Thanks a lot.

Best,
Golam
Old 30th May 2015, 10:51   #63
BHPian

Thanks AJ-got-BHP and Gmhossain for such kind words and comments. You guys really inspire me to strive further and harder.
Old 30th May 2015, 11:42   #64
Team-BHP Support

Himadri, you should go back to professional photography. Not pursuing this is a waste of such talent. As the dialogue in the film Three Idiots goes -
Kya ho gaya, agar main photographer ban gaya, kam paise kamaaunga, ghar chota hoga, gaadi choti hogi, par abba main khush rahunga “I WILL BE REALLY HAPPY”
Though the thing about chhota ghar and chhota gadi is not applicable for you
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 08:12   #65
BHPian

Thanks Sumitro for such kind words. I too wish I could follow my dreams but life is a compromise. Sometimes the balancing act makes everyone happy rather than just myself.
Just a small update on Borong, civilization is catching up fast and its no more a secluded place which birds like to call it their home. Mushrooming concrete and tourist cars count more in numbers than the avian counterparts.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 31st May 2015 at 08:17.
Old 6th September 2015, 17:53   #66
BHPian

Re: Mystical Borong - A Birder's Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Just a small update on Borong, civilization is catching up fast and its no more a secluded place which birds like to call it their home.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs. I have been visiting your thread every now & then for inspiration. Your last post about civilization overtaking Borong was saddening. Do you still go there or have you found another spot for your passion?
All the best.
Old 10th September 2015, 08:21   #67
BHPian

wow, some incredible pics there!
Old 22nd September 2015, 08:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photographs. I have been visiting your thread every now & then for inspiration. Your last post about civilization overtaking Borong was saddening. Do you still go there or have you found another spot for your passion?
All the best.
Thanks for the comments. When ever I visit Sikkim, do make it a point to visit Borong once and did the same last week too. I keep searching for that lost charm but in vain. Haven't yet found a place similar inspite my desperation to find one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
wow, some incredible pics there!
Thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 22nd September 2015 at 08:33.
Old 21st November 2015, 17:33   #69
BHPian

Himadri da, really superb pictures, Have been really lazy to check out TBHP these days because of too many commitments, good that I got a look at your T-log.

Ever since I bought my DSLR I have developed my interest in Bird photography and bought one telephoto lens, and after reading your t-log I could understand how much patience you need for taking pictures of birds. I couldn't imagine how disappointing it can be to wait for a single bird whole day at one position and even after that there is no luck. It really needs a lot of patience, may be I can take few lessons from you in case we meet someday. There are really lot of excellent pictures in the t-log, though I liked the Indian roller the most.

Thanks for such a wonderful treat.

I'm planning to visit Sikkim and Darjeeling again during year end and planning to visit Borong, as I also got to know that there are couple of hot sulphur springs one near Borong and Ravangla. I was initially planning to stay in Pelling and visit from Pelling as I was not sure about the hotels near Borong, but after reading your thread I got to know about the resort and just called them as well.

May be I'll ping you in case I need any other information.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Lovely photos Himadri.

Haven't been to Sikkim and North Bengal for ages, I used to go every year when I was based out of Kolkata.

Need to be ahead of the curve regarding unspoiled paces. When I find such a place, I don't write about it. Yes, selfish :-)
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 14:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Need to be ahead of the curve regarding unspoiled paces. When I find such a place, I don't write about it. Yes, selfish :-)
I will definitely keep this in mind when something similar is found the next time.
Thanks Gurha for the comments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks