Team-BHP - Sunrise at the Katraj bypass on the BOM-BLR highway!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Sunrise at the Katraj bypass on the BOM-BLR highway!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/13541-sunrise-katraj-bypass-bom-blr-highway.html)

Saturday morning, car fuelled up, amazing co-driver [Sleepy though!!], beautiful tarmac............. read on.....

Well, I was itching to get pictures of my ride in daylight at a scenic location and also test drive the freshly laid tarmac of the Katraj Bypass on the Bombay-Bangalore highway that skirts my backyard. The bypass is nearing completion and is still unopen to the public, there's no barricade or anything because the road leads to a dead-end and everybody knows that and that's why the no-barricade concept!!!

Stararmour, Praneet71 and me decide we do an early saturday morning drive to the venue and catch the sunrise from there, grab a cuppa chai, do a coupla sprints, get a few pics [Ended up getting loads of pics!!!], few videos and then head back!!!!

So i call Praneet71 at 0530hrs as planned, he's still in bed, yup, he aint coming!!!! That's sad..... but ok.....

Now it's just the two of us and one tiny car, The morning cool air is amazing, something i'm not used to cuz i bloody get outta bed at two in the afternoon!!!! It's refreshing, the roads are empty, people on their morning walks/jogs/strools/doggie walks/sprints et al.

We stop under a yellow street light enroute for a few pics......

And finally we're off to our final destination, it's about a 20min drive to get to the bypass, there's almost no traffic on the road except a milkvan going on about it's business. Little ahead there's a left turn, that's where we are headed!

The Bypass is roughly 22-odd kays and there's this bridge in the ghats that's very nice, and high!!!

Getting the car parked across a major road like this would be impossible but here, it's our road!!! And finally i get a pic of her in broad daylight!!!!

This next picture is something i always wanted to get, i lay down on the road for the angle, the outcome speaks for itself, it's in your face!!! The white strip on the road adds a certain amount of character too, by being blurry in the foreground!!!!

I can go on about how much i like the lines of my car!!!! You have to agree, the face of this model has oodles of attitude!!!

This next picture is quite a fluke shot by stararmour, she managed to get an arrow over me and my car, as if pointing out who's who for the uninitiated!!!! Me an my pride and joy!!

Here's stararmour by the bidge!!! The deadend is at our side of the bridge!!!

A picture of the tarmac from the overhead!!!

Me and my ride again!!! The road snakes in the background!!

Oops, i forgot the topic!!! "Sunrise at the Katraj bypass"!!!!! Here's a pic of the sunrise!!!!

Overall it was an awesome way to spend the morning, would've been nice if you came praneet!!!

I take the highway to work everyday and know that once the bypass is thrown open to the public it'll be a blessing and ease the traffic at the Katraj crossroad!!!!

I also think that we could have an awesome meet there, before it's open to the public that is!!! We can have an awesome photo session of all the pune members with their rides and some sprints etc!!!!

The sun looks more like a huge egg yolk... N both are very yummy.

And hats off dude, awesome car restoration.. ur baby looks real HOT ;-)

BTW of all the pics, the one with the arrow over your heads is really cool.

This road is going to be a boon to people who have to travel via the horrible Katraj ghat... nice pics Ed.

great pics Ed!

cheers!

hey Nice pics Ed... your car looks even better in these pics.... well worth getting up that early.

lovely pics, lovely road, when in the highway going to be opened for public??

Nice Pics..
Must have been a blast early in the morning to be there on that road..
Like u suggested should have a pune meet there..
Cheersssss

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Nice Pics..
Must have been a blast early in the morning to be there on that road..
Like u suggested should have a pune meet there..
Cheersssss

Just like everyone else on this forum man, you give us an open road and a car and we can go on forever!!! It was awesome!!!!

However i dunno how long before the road is thrown open to the public!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund
This next picture is quite a fluke shot by stararmour, she managed to get an arrow over me and my car, as if pointing out who's who for the uninitiated!!!! Me an my pride and joy!!

that was NOT a fluke shot !!!!!!
i noticed the arrow on top of the car and waited until you were just under it to click ......
something called "photography" most certainly not "fluke":p

Quote:

Originally Posted by stararmour
that was NOT a fluke shot !!!!!!
i noticed the arrow on top of the car and waited until you were just under it to click ......
something called "photography" most certainly not "fluke":p

You wanna take this outside??? ha? :)

Great pics Edmund! I must say, the 800 Type 1 was the most European and best looking 800 of them all. It also had the best driving position of all Marutis.
Your car looks brillant. We'll miss her on the Goa tour. Was actually looking forward to taking a few pics of her with Conti.
Anyway, I will be coming to Pune sometime in July or August to meet a friend. Will catch you then.

Great pics Edmund and Stararmour seems like a lovely place to drive your car! And Edmund your car looks fabulous!

Thats a Butch looking car. The best looking 800. I like th 4th photo

Pic #4 and Pic#8 totally amazing pics of your ride bro !

Not to mention the sunrise :)