Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 15:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Of White-Outs and Landslides

Woah man, this is inspiring.

I always look forward to your travelogues. Amazing images, and a beautiful narration. Especially loved the references to a certail village in France

Cheers,
Tapish
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:01   #17
BHPian

This would be the first time that I'm commenting on a travelogue (or any post, for that matter), before reading it - have seen the pics only yet.

But, the moment I saw the Kiyang and the White Elephant together, i blurted "Oh Teri!" as i knew this was going to be some epic travelogue.

Now that I'm done with the comment, let me run back and read the travelogue -Aaraam Se!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 07:58   #18

Re: Day 5 (31st Mar): Manali - Rohtang (attempt) - Parashar Lake - Bilaspur

Amazing piece Harsh...wonderfully written and the pics were simply fantabulous :-)
even a guy like me who lives in the Himalayas and has been to these places for like a zillion times was hooked

Bravo!!

Note from Support: Please do not quote a long post. It hampers readability for our small screen users. Thank You

Last edited by Eddy : 26th May 2013 at 15:29. Reason: Note Inline
Old 26th May 2013, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fantastic sirjee. You are making full usage of the 4WD - was a pleasant surprise to catch you folks besides Mr & Mrs Tanveer >

Interestingly, we hadn't been able to sync up with tanveer in NCR past 8-9 months! And wahan ho gaya!!
It was great to catch up with you too sir jee. In my opinion it is always easier to catch up with people out of town rather in the same town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
That's an awesome travelogue. A safari, the mountains, Chai, maggi, dogs and a cat too! Brilliant combination!

By the way, when is it a good time to do something similar in a 4x2 safari?
Mid-April would have been a good time. There would not have been any snow on the road but plently on the peaks. This year was unusual. Normally by the end of March there's hardly any snow to found on the road - typically whatever is left - is on the peaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrakkar View Post
This would be the first time that I'm commenting on a travelogue (or any post, for that matter), before reading it - have seen the pics only yet.

But, the moment I saw the Kiyang and the White Elephant together, i blurted "Oh Teri!" as i knew this was going to be some epic travelogue.

Now that I'm done with the comment, let me run back and read the travelogue -Aaraam Se!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
vardhan.harsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 11:52   #20
BHPian

Paaji tussi to kamaal kar ditta!

Excellent and crisp narration with wonderful pics. The snap with the man and the little girl is really cute and very well taken. I am sure you all had a great time and thanks of sharing. More pics are welcome
Old 27th May 2013, 12:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to your spirit of adventure, and nice to see the Team -BHP camaradarerie at such remote places.

Your narration and your pictures are fabulous, eagerly waiting for the rest!

Cheers!

P.S. Your title reminds me of the song: Little Talks by 'Of Monsters and Men'. Apt for the travelogue!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 27th May 2013 at 12:46.
Old 27th May 2013, 13:35   #22
BHPian

Excellent narration and photographs. You surely put your 4x4 to good use. Enjoyed reading the log
Old 27th May 2013, 14:28   #23
BHPian

Great narration and awesome Pictures!! I had been to Manali earlier in Feb and got to witness very heavy snowfall. The road was closed beyond Palchan. Lucky you, were able to venture till Kothi!

Rated 5 Stars!
Old 27th May 2013, 19:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Must say its awesome, driving through the Himalayas at night must be some memorable experience. Loved your narration plus your pictures too, specially the night pictures.
Two 4Wds + lots of snow + night driving + Himalaya = Sheer fun! What else do one need to enjoy! And yes rated 5 stars too.

Last edited by Samba : 27th May 2013 at 19:51.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:00   #25

Another excellent log with pics. A little more brief about the black ice & the crossing if possible and did you engage the 4H on a thin sheet of ice on road or it was a few inche of snow. Thanks.
Old 28th May 2013, 22:07   #26
BHPian

Thats an amazing trip @vardhan.harsh! The log is top notch in all vital departments - adventure/pics/narration
It was lovely to see Kiyang in action in its natural habitat, mountains. Snow being the icing on the mountains. err.. the cake!
Cheers.
Old 29th May 2013, 11:12   #27
BHPian

Beautiful pictures, excellent narration and French village references. All night drives, 4H, 4L adventures and random & planned meetings in the hills!

This travelogue is different. Refreshing. Inspiring.

Thanks for sharing..

Cheers!
Sam
Old 29th May 2013, 13:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant as usual. Could you describe the exact spot of that huge rock slide? Characteristic of the stretch beyond Powari though as you crawl on the left shoulder before crossing over to the right side. Which alternate route are you talking about that got closed last year? Plus do you have some of the interior shots of the Gurkhs or a link where they can be seen? Thanks.
PS> Next time you go again to Jalori be sure you have an answer for the Dhaba Owner, the blessings cannot fail can they? lol.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:29   #29
BHPian

Truly amazing and awe inspiring mate. We will be definitely going there next year, thanks to you & Rajiv (rkbharat) amazing travelogues.
Old 30th May 2013, 17:41   #30
BHPian

Super narration Harsh. You had me in splits. That backed by some stunning imagery made it all the better.

Rating your thread a thoroughly deserved 5 stars.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks