Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 19:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trekking to Shiroi Peak to See a Rare Lily Bloom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Any permits required for visiting the area? Safe for camping? The guest house at the base accepts guests at the spot or some booking is needed to be done? Thanks for the wonderful information and the pictures.
No permits required so far...although people are demanding "Inner Line Permit". Just a Rs 10/- ticket sufficient, that too is established during this season. Rest of the year its free for all. Its still a wonderful trekking rest of the year with such beautiful flora and fauna.

Guest house is an open dormitory with very basic facilities. Don't expect anything out of it! Its available without any issues on the spot.

There are resting places enroute the peak. All of them are in shambles. What a shame! At least before this peak season these places should have been repaired. See this as a demo:-

Trekking to Shiroi Peak to See a Rare Lily Bloom!-_dsc1294.jpg
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 09:01   #17
BHPian

Re: Trekking to Shiroi Peak to See a Rare Lily Bloom!

Honestly I think i learn a lot more about India in these travelogues. I did not know the existence of this peak or this rear and beautiful flower. Thanks for the crisp travelogue. North East states are blessed with abundant, unexploited natural resources with a lot of green cover. The best asset though is their friendly ever smiling people. Its been a childhood dream to visit these states and i hope i am able to go their one of these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks