Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Corbett-Kumaon-Nainital Trip - A small honeymoon Travelogue

Wish you a very happy married life !
Its such a beautiful travelogue ! Thanks for sharing.
From the pics and your display pic i can see that you are a Nikon fan, may i know the gear ?
sajusherief is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post
Wish you a very happy married life !
Its such a beautiful travelogue ! Thanks for sharing.
From the pics and your display pic i can see that you are a Nikon fan, may i know the gear ?
Thanks, I have a nikon d5000 and 18 -55 & a 55 -200 lens. Not really a telephoto but then it gets the job done 95% of the time in the jungle.
Old 2nd June 2013, 21:08   #18
BHPian

Re: Corbett-Kumaon-Nainital trip - A small honeymoon travelogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

The oxygen pumping station situated on the banks.
What is that ?, I mean does it pump oxygen in to the lake?, if yes why ?, how?.

Interesting to say the least.

Old 2nd June 2013, 21:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi WAG 7 !

Long time indeed. And look what you have gone and done in the meantime...

Congratulations to you both ! Have a long, prosperous & happy wedded life together .

Delightful snaps. Very nice indeed. To have spotted a tiger in Corbett - no mean feat I tell you.

And about the title of this thread...errr...no honeymoon is small ! I am sure you meant that the travelogue is/was a small one - eh ?
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Nissan

Delhiites, what's this monument?

Gateway was cordoned off so we just drove by.

Is this the Supreme court?
That monument is Shanti Stupa, built few (4-5) years back at ring road next to indraprastha / millenium park.

That is india gate cordoned off.

And its not Supreme Court. Its the national gallery of modern art.

Cheers!
Irish :-)
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:57   #21
BHPian

first of all - many congratulations on the wedding. It is a nice trip that you had for your honeymoon - off the beaten track.

Nice picture
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:10   #22
BHPian

Congratulations !!
Your Binsar pictures reminded me of our honeymoon long long time back. We stayed a week in Khali Estate in the middle of one of the coldest winter in North India. Positive part of that cold was there was not a hint of cloud and we almost got bored by looking at the 180 degrees view of Himalayas for almost 24 hours a day !!
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:20   #23
BHPian

Thanks for sharing and congrats

6th of may is when i got married as well (2011)

Welcome to the club!

Nainital is where we spent our 1st wedding anniversary and your pictures bring back great memories

We had stayed in this place called the 'shervani hilltop', lovely property

Wish you both years of happiness and togetherness
Old 3rd June 2013, 14:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thank you everyone for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
I believe that they all were giving you wedding presents. As we did not get to see a tiger or tuckers in our 2 visits spanning 3-4 days to this reserve. But what pulls us there is the beauty of the forest.
cheers
Yes, we had indeed got wedding presents as we saw many beautiful sights in the jungle. The landscapes were absolutely amazing even in the peak summer season, so I can just imagine how beautiful it must be in the winters/post rainy season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Lucky couple, I must say, for having sighted a Tiger n Corbett on the very first safari.
I've yet to spot one.
Some very beautiful pictures of colourful flowers & butterflies.
Thanks, the tiger sighting was an added bonus. I had earlier told my wife, that in Corbett N.P, it is very difficult to see a tiger. And from so close quarters, it is next to impossible. But the jungle proved us wrong. Even though it was for hardly 2-3 mins, it was a totally satisfying feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanTra Makto View Post
What is that ?, I mean does it pump oxygen in to the lake?, if yes why ?, how?. Interesting to say the least.
That's what the boatman told us. He said that machine puts oxygen into the water, just like in the fish tank. We too saw such a thing for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi WAG 7 !
Long time indeed. And look what you have gone and done in the meantime...
Congratulations to you both ! Have a long, prosperous & happy wedded life together . Delightful snaps. Very nice indeed. To have spotted a tiger in Corbett - no mean feat I tell you.

And about the title of this thread...errr...no honeymoon is small ! I am sure you meant that the travelogue is/was a small one - eh ?
Guderian sir, how nice to meet you again!!! Thanks for the wishes, and as you said, the travelogue is small, the honeymoon with life & wife has just begun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
That monument is Shanti Stupa, built few (4-5) years back at ring road next to indraprastha / millenium park.That is india gate cordoned off.And its not Supreme Court. Its the national gallery of modern art.

Cheers!
Irish :-)
Thanks for the info Irish. We had actually planned to go sightseeing for 4-5 hours in Delhi, but then the heat was unbearable and we didn't have any time left before the flight. Delhi is a nice city, we were amazed to see so much greenery in the city. Here in Pune, many trees were blatantly cut down in the name of road widening, so now almost every road is a barren patch of concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
first of all - many congratulations on the wedding. It is a nice trip that you had for your honeymoon - off the beaten track.
Nice picture
Thanks, & yes; it was off beaten track. But all places were very beautiful and very relaxing atmosphere everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
We stayed a week in Khali Estate in the middle of one of the coldest winter in North India. Positive part of that cold was there was not a hint of cloud and we almost got bored by looking at the 180 degrees view of Himalayas for almost 24 hours a day !!
Cool, you got to see the Himalayas. We almost got bored looking at the rain and clouds though Khali estate is a nice place. Very very peaceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
6th of may is when i got married as well (2011) Welcome to the club! We had stayed in this place called the 'shervani hilltop', lovely property. Wish you both years of happiness and togetherness
Thanks! Nainital is a very good place, though I thought that it is a little more congested now. (I had imagined pictures of a small tranquil idyllic british era town.) And everywhere you have to climb a lot!
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear W.A.G.7 - thank you so much for this wonderful travelogue and the lovely pictures, especially of the flowers and of Nainital! For your information, Nainital was the first major halt of the Himalayan Rally cars, all parked in the football field, next to the lake. Nowadays I visit Nainital very regularly but it is not for holiday, it is for work! Vehicle evaluation happens to be a part of my profession, one of our test routes passes through Nainital. I did not go boating as I don't much like being on water, all my colleagues enjoyed the experience! We also picked up some unique "save the tiger" T shirts from Jim Corbett's museum in Kaladhungi, very good but at 650 rupees, costly.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:18   #26
BHPian

Hello WAG 7,
We have 2 things in common:-
1 - We are both TBHP'ians
2 - Both our new journeys started on 06 May. You got married on 06 May 2013 & I became a father on 06 May 2011.

Cheers to that!!
Wishing you a long,happy & healthy married life!!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:23   #27
BHPian

Dear WAG7

Hearty Congratulations on wedding and wishing both a wonderful life together.

Thanks for sharing the travelogue , the photographs are superb. The flowers and tiger one are simply breathtaking.
sanstorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:35   #28
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations WAG7 and best wishes for a Happy Married life.
mobix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 14:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Nowadays I visit Nainital very regularly but it is not for holiday, it is for work! Vehicle evaluation happens to be a part of my profession, one of our test routes passes through Nainital.
Thanks for the wishes Behram sir! interesting to read that you get to visit Nainital regularly for vehicle evaluation work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
We also picked up some unique "save the tiger" T shirts from Jim Corbett's museum in Kaladhungi, very good but at 650 rupees, costly.
We didn't visit the musuem, but yes, everywhere in and around Corbett the T-shirts and souvenirs are costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
2 - Both our new journeys started on 06 May. You got married on 06 May 2013 & I became a father on 06 May 2011.
Belated congrats Varun, after 2 yrs! and thanks for the wishes! All the best to you too for the future.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:09   #30
BHPian

1. Congratulations for not only getting married but also to have got a companion who seems to agree to play ball with all your adventures in life. pun intended

2. Someone has already answered your questions you tossed towards Delhi folks. And he got it bang on.

3. Rated the thread a well deserved 5 star. Not only for the super quality pics, but also for the short sentences which convey so much.
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks