Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 13:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Travelogue: From Noida to Jamshedpur (via Patna) in an XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Well, Allahabad should be a cakewalk. The condition of NH2 with deep ruts is probably bad near Varanasi. For Allahabad, if you take the expressway and then continue on NH2, it would be a good drive, and it would hardly take about 8 hours considering that you start early from Noida to avoid traffic at Shikohabad and Firozabad.

Since your little daughter is traveling with you, I'd assume that you'd have considered a child safety seat for her.
Thanks. This is the route I plan on taking and yes we'll be leaving as early as possible. Will try to leave around 4am or so. The daughter will be safely strapped in.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Thanks. This is the route I plan on taking and yes we'll be leaving as early as possible. Will try to leave around 4am or so. The daughter will be safely strapped in.
Cool!

What dates? I too may be on this route from Noida to Samastipur via Mohania-Patna on 07th November.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Cool!

What dates? I too may be on this route from Noida to Samastipur via Mohania-Patna on 07th November.
The week of 15-16th Nov most probably. Since you'll be travelling before me please update the latest road conditions, if possible.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be travelling to Sasaram from Ranchi next month in my Zen. From Sasaram, I need to go to Arrah (60 Kms before Patna). Ranchi to Sasaram is NH33 & NH-2, both of which are fantastic. I am more concerned about Sasaram to Arrah.
Kindly suggest the route from sasaram to Arrah & the road conditions.

Thanks,
Saket
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Since you'll be travelling before me please update the latest road conditions, if possible.
Sure, it's tentative though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Kindly suggest the route from sasaram to Arrah & the road conditions.
You drive to Mohania from Sasaram and then take the route to Arrah. Till Mohania, it's NH2 so no worries at all. The road from Mohania to Arrah is not NH so understandably not so good, but with your zen you can still maintain 60-70kmph. This route is 2 lanes with no dividers so take precautions. Good luck!
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:23   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, it's tentative though.

You drive to Mohania from Sasaram and then take the route to Arrah. Till Mohania, it's NH2 so no worries at all. The road from Mohania to Arrah is not NH so understandably not so good, but with your zen you can still maintain 60-70kmph. This route is 2 lanes with no dividers so take precautions. Good luck!
Thanks. But I think that there is a road from Sasaram as well for which we don't have to go to Mohania through Bikramganj> Jagdishpr> Arrah. It's there on google maps too. Anyone familiar of this route?
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. But I think that there is a road from Sasaram as well for which we don't have to go to Mohania through Bikramganj> Jagdishpr> Arrah. It's there on google maps too. Anyone familiar of this route?
Yes, I too have a feeling that there is a road from Sasaram to Arrah without touching Mohania.
mkbksc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
Yes, I too have a feeling that there is a road from Sasaram to Arrah without touching Mohania.
I think you are talking about Sasaram-Bikram-Piro-Arrah road. Google indeed shows this route, but not even marked as a state highway. Plus, do find out beforehand about such roads that exist on google. I followed one such road shown by both Google and MMI as NH in 2010 and ended up driving on a completely non-existent road on a bundh which only comprised of driving through agricultural fields, ditches, potholes and what not and that too after dark. Just have a look here:
Travelogue: From Noida to Jamshedpur (via Patna) in an XUV500-when-road-like-visibility-limited-.jpg

I believe it would be good to have HVK's opinion here.
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:22   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I think you are talking about Sasaram-Bikram-Piro-Arrah road. Google indeed shows this route, but not even marked as a state highway. Plus, do find out beforehand about such roads that exist on google. I followed one such road shown by both Google and MMI as NH in 2010 and ended up driving on a completely non-existent road on a bundh which only comprised of driving through agricultural fields, ditches, potholes and what not and that too after dark. Just have a look here:
I believe it would be good to have HVK's opinion here.
Yes, google & MMIs are at last systems only; while HVK Sir has all the goodness & accuracy of systems as well as the practicality of the traveller. Even I have read some posts that how Google Maps & MMI landed people on moon craters.

However, later at night, I checked through MMI. It shows a road from Sasaram to Arrah which connects to the NH30 through Nokha. It eventually gets connected to the same road which comes from MOhania, just that without going up to Mohania. Please see this Link: http://maps.mapmyindia.com/#directio...ErODQuNjYzNzMz
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
However, later at night, I checked through MMI. It shows a road from Sasaram to Arrah which connects to the NH30 through Nokha. It eventually gets connected to the same road which comes from MOhania, just that without going up to Mohania. Please see this Link: http://maps.mapmyindia.com/#directio...ErODQuNjYzNzMz
Exactly the same road I talked about!
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Nonstop-driver;3273308 I followed one such road shown by both Google and MMI as NH in 2010 and ended up driving on a completely non-existent road on a bundh which only comprised of driving through agricultural fields, ditches, potholes and what not and that too after dark.
[/QUOTE]

The road looks non-existent. BTW, which place it is?
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:32   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The road looks non-existent. BTW, which place it is?
This is a road (or not a road at all) between Barbigha to Mokamah, I was travelling from Hazaribagh to Samastipur via Barhi-Rajauli-Nawadah-Biharsharif and instead of taking Biharsharif-Bakhtiyarpur-Barh-Mokamah I took Biharsharif-Barbigha-Mokamah which obviously was the shorter route.

Once at Barbigha, people did advised to go through Sheikhpura-Lakhisarai-Barahia to Mokamah, but some of them looked at my scorpio and said that I should be able to negotiate the direct route! And I did saw some old stone NH marker on the route. Not sure what is the condition now.
Old 25th May 2017, 17:35   #43
BHPian

Anyone who has travelled recently in Delhi to Patna stretch?
Old 25th May 2017, 18:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone who has travelled recently in Delhi to Patna stretch?
I did Patna to Delhi to and fro journey in February.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
I did Patna to Delhi to and fro journey in February.
Thank you Animesh. Can you please tell me whether old AH1 is still is ok condition? Or does one have to take lucknow expressway to reach patna via Gorakhpur? which route did you follow?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks