Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 09:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tea Gardens, Misty clouds and a bit of offroading: A weekend of fun at Sinnadorai

Looks a refreshing drive and escape from the Silicon Valley. I never noticed these sunflower fields in Chamrajanagar route though driven twice in this route.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 10:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Tea Gardens, Misty clouds and a bit of offroading: A weekend of fun at Sinnadorai

Wonderful travelogue with some really lovely pictures. Karnataka is the most beautiful state in India, and the way the Karnataka tourism department fails to promote this baffles me immensely. Most of the really beautiful places don't even have good hotels for people to stay in. The people in some of the remote areas, such as Agumbe and other parts of Malnad, would benefit immensely if there was more tourism. Not necessarily an onslaught of tourists, but at least some increase in tourist revenue.
Old 1st July 2013, 11:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Thanks, yes the Bandipur reserve is open for traffic between 6 am and 6 pm.
Is it allowed only to drive with a car or can one also use their bike, bicycle or even walk? What is the probability of spotting a Tiger driving through Bandipur?
Old 1st July 2013, 11:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it allowed only to drive with a car or can one also use their bike, bicycle or even walk? What is the probability of spotting a Tiger driving through Bandipur?
You can drive/ride through the main road which connects Karnataka to Tamilnadu, I've seen cyclists too, but mostly the locals or maybe the forest personnel, but there have been groups of cyclists who ride through maybe with permission, you are encouraged not to stop or get off your vehicles on spotting wildlife, but these rules are flouted blatantly, walking is not allowed.
I've driven through this stretch at least two dozen times, the only wildcats I've come across are leopards (couple of times) civet cats and glimpsed a tiger (am not too sure as the light was fading), Tigers are pretty rare to spot by the highway. Common sights would be elephants, deer, gaurs, peacocks, wild boar and the occasional pack of Dhols.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 1st July 2013 at 11:12.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 14:05   #20
BHPian

Nice travelogue there.

Refreshing pictures & story-telling, as always. The monsoons have really put a shocking green shade to the entire tea valley.

Congratulations on your anniversary Wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Nice Travelogue Can you please post the Off roading pics too?
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 17:23   #22
BHPian

Great travelouge with really nice pics. Monsoon has definably added zing to the whole place.

Congrats on your Anniversary.
mobix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:44   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Great write up, and absolutely stunning pictures Hari!!..

It was great spending time with yours and deepak's family, especially the smart little one!

Where is the pic of Anvitha yelling in the forest, and we thinking it was some wild sound!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:51   #24
BHPian

That's lovely. A monsoon drive is always very special, It is even more special in this part of the country. Fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing.
rangarx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Nice Travelogue Can you please post the Off roading pics too?
Thank you, there are not many pics of the offroading bit as both DhanushS and I were driving and the trail was quite narrow to get off our vehicles to click snaps.
Old 3rd July 2013, 13:32   #26

Thanks for the superb travelogue!! So clear, so much detail and so wonderful pics!! Keep it up.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th July 2013 at 14:43.
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the superb travelogue!! So clear, so much detail and so wonderful pics!! Keep it up.
Thank you for the appreciation, I guess you have still not figured out how to reply with quotes, please go through FAQs .
Old 4th July 2013, 17:08   #28

Note From Team-BHP Support: Please avoid posting one-liners that add little / no value to the thread. Use the 'Thanks' button instead. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
specialedition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 14:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
You can drive/ride through the main road which connects Karnataka to Tamilnadu, I've seen cyclists too, but mostly the locals or maybe the forest personnel, but there have been groups of cyclists who ride through maybe with permission, you are encouraged not to stop or get off your vehicles on spotting wildlife, but these rules are flouted blatantly, walking is not allowed.
I've driven through this stretch at least two dozen times, the only wildcats I've come across are leopards (couple of times) civet cats and glimpsed a tiger (am not too sure as the light was fading), Tigers are pretty rare to spot by the highway. Common sights would be elephants, deer, gaurs, peacocks, wild boar and the occasional pack of Dhols.
Awesome trip report. I will probably plan this trip sometime later this year.

We have seen a leopard crossing the road once late in the evening. That too 50m from the Bandipur Forest Department office. My younger daughter first spotted the leopard and we didn't believe her at first. Unfortunately the light was not good for a photograph

- Rattan
Old 9th July 2013, 16:39   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

A lovely and crisp report supplemented beautifully with eye catching photographs.

Could you share the contact details of the bungalow in which you stayed??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks