Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 16:35   #31
BHPian

Re: A short trip to Lavasa

Is it worth going to Lavasa this monsoon? I am planning a weekend gateway and I wanted to go to Lavasa.
Has anyone been there recently? Are the shops / restaurants open? Will it be worthwhile to go to this place?

Was planning a trip in August i.e. next month.
Old 10th July 2019, 18:42   #32
BHPian

If you live in Pune and haven't visited Lavasa before, then it's certainly worth a visit.
The valley is really beautiful during the monsoons with many small waterfalls along the way.
There is not much to do in Lavasa though, but the place is one of a kind.
You will find a few restaurants open during the weekend, there are no shops as such, but you might find something for street shopping.
On weekends, specially in monsoons the place is quite lively with visitors, other wise it is like a ghost town. The parking/ entry charges for car is Rs. 500(Not sure if it is still the same) which is exorbitant.
It will be a good day out during the monsoons.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Is it worth going to Lavasa this monsoon? I am planning a weekend gateway and I wanted to go to Lavasa.
Has anyone been there recently? Are the shops / restaurants open? Will it be worthwhile to go to this place?

Was planning a trip in August i.e. next month.
Its certainly a beautiful place to visit in moonsoon period when mother nature turns green with clouds etc.

However, the place now has become a ghost town. Not to mention the potholed roads, traffic jams enroute and undisciplined drivers making two lanes etc. Few years back when I visited, there were bunch of rowdies drinking beer and sitting on road (in Lavasa ghat).

If travelling with family, completely avoid.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks