Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 00:44   #16

Re: A Quick Trip to Ladakh (by Flight)

Congrats Ddrive on your quick Leh trip.

When people just plan and plan for years and are never able to make it, you did it .

It is proof that you will one day drive to Leh and experience the pleasure of driving and making it to leh and see all the places which you were not able to see in this short trip.

I am also in planning stage for leh.

I did one trip to Kashmir in 2012 with my family and my brothers family in our Mahindra Xylo.

This time I want to do it with my friends, so getting their schedules adjusted to my schedules is a big issue, but I am sure I will make it one day.

Your snaps were crisp and it makes one to see the real beauty by visiting there.

T-Bhp is one of my major inspiration in doing long drives.

Kudos to Ddrive.
allauddin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 07:42   #17
BHPian

Thank you for the crisp note Ddrive. Lovely pictures specially the street photography. I think you have challenged me to firm up my plan to visit Leh. hmmm...

Cheers
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 19:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
And trust me, since now you have had a taste of a bit of Ladakh in full 3D you will be longing to go there again. And, hopefully that next time would be soon!
Hopefully indeed Dhinchak. Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguprasad View Post
Wow Ddrive, When most think and think and just think of going to Leh, you did it in awesome way. It sounds like simple, clear and crisp & most importantly unplanned (much like coincidence when you got an official trip to Delhi). But I could see that you planed and executed it silently & efficiently. Way to go.
Thanks Raguprasad. The thing was cooking for almost a month but I was keeping my fingers crossed, fearing something or other getting called off at the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Congrats on your Ladakh trip. The pics are really appetizing. Hope one day I can see Ladakh in flesh at least on a condensed trip just like yours. By the way, was it difficult for you to adapt to the sudden altitude change or is just an overstated concern?
Thanks for the comments Venkatt. Wish you all the best for a trip soon. Think the acclimatization problem is not certainly overstated, that too when someone flies in directly from low altitude to high. I landed at 7 am, and straight away went to the room. I thought i must rest a full day atleast until 6pm, but the hotel owner's brother said it is enough if I take rest untill lunch, and he himself came at 3pm and took me out for a walk around the market area and for meeting the taxi agents. I for myself felt nothing much different that evening.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice lively snaps. Not gone through the entire writing, but a quick question on the Mark of Zorro.

I don't know a thing about the terrain and I know that looking at a snap and arriving at conclusions is not correct. But does the incline really warrant an Z? Won't a straight incline have done the job or at least a shorter Z?

thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 21:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
simply keep thinking years together of a visit by driving there.. and ultimately never do the trip.
Sai bro, Im sure you gonna do it soon and best wishes for the same. Thanks again for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allauddin View Post
T-Bhp is one of my major inspiration in doing long drives.
Dear Allauddin, thanks for the reply and my best wishes for your trip.
Yes TBHP is one big reason that we are doing trips like these

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Thank you for the crisp note Ddrive. Lovely pictures specially the street photography. I think you have challenged me to firm up my plan to visit Leh. hmmm...Cheers
Thank you so much Jeetaman. I'm much happy if I had really done that to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Nice lively snaps. Not gone through the entire writing, but a quick question on the Mark of Zorro. I don't know a thing about the terrain and I know that looking at a snap and arriving at conclusions is not correct. But does the incline really warrant an Z? Won't a straight incline have done the job or at least a shorter Z?
Well, I know what i feel, but can't put the answer in exact words. May be the experts in this forum would give a technically apt answer to your question.
Old 29th October 2013, 02:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I don't know a thing about the terrain and I know that looking at a snap and arriving at conclusions is not correct. But does the incline really warrant an Z? Won't a straight incline have done the job or at least a shorter Z?

Although iam not an expert, but Let me try to answer this question.

You have to factor that buses, trucks with full load will also travel through this route. Trucks with full load currently have a tough time climbing that Z route. you can only imagine how it would be if this is shortened. Additonally you also have to factor that this road would be covered with slush.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks